home made tacos points ?

• i love, love, love, home made beef tacos!!! i usually only put cheese, tomatos, and mild chunky salsa on them with a mission corn tortilla. can someone tell me how many points this is?? i only use about a tablespoon of meat. i always get 80/20 beef, but i know that's not healthy. does anyone have any suggestions for healthier beef for my tacos?? and how many points will they be each??
  • Quote: i usually only put cheese,
    Cheeses about 3 points per ounce so you'd have to measure how much cheese you use

Quote:
    tomatos, and mild chunky salsa on them
    These are 0 point veggies

Quote:
    with a mission corn tortilla.
    Look on the package and see how many cal/fat/fiber each is and figure the points.

]quote] i only use about a tablespoon of meat. i always get 80/20 beef, but i know that's not healthy.[/quote] Use 90-96% lean beef to reduce the fat. and you'd have to weigh how much you use to get the points.
  • Do you know how many points it would be all together for the exact things anajjana just listed in a taco? I had tacos last night and i want leftovers but im not sure how many points it would be Thanks
  • Quote: Do you know how many points it would be all together for the exact things anajjana just listed in a taco? I had tacos last night and i want leftovers but im not sure how many points it would be Thanks
    You need to weigh your amounts of beef, cheese, and your taco shells, figure out the point values for each, and add them together.

WW Calculator
  • have you tried lean ground turkey??? if you add seasoning to it, such as taco seasoning it is SOOOO good, and the lean ground turkey is so much lower in point! if you still need the point plus points for the tacos i can put them in my recipe builder and let you know!
  • ok, i figured out the points plus PER taco with

1 oz 80/20 meat
    1/4 cup shredded cheese
    salsa
    veges
    YELLOW corn mission tortilla

all that is 5 points per taco

if you use a WHITE corn mission tortilla subtract 1 point!!!

Hope that helps!!!
  • Quote: have you tried lean ground turkey??? if you add seasoning to it, such as taco seasoning it is SOOOO good, and the lean ground turkey is so much lower in point! if you still need the point plus points for the tacos i can put them in my recipe builder and let you know!
    I like to make this...kinda tastes like a fajita

Combine in pan....cook til veggies are tender
    ground turkey..browned
    garlic powder
    chili powder
    green pepper
    onion

Drain one can black beans and add to hamburger mixture. Heat through.
    Put 2-3 ounces meat mixture on a whole wheat tortilla.
    add 1tbsp salsa-0 points
    add 1 ozlow point cheese

It comes out to about 1 pt per ounce of meat you use.
    Tortilla is usually 4 points.

Usually ends up being about 8 points when I make mine.

It is good for dinner and very filling. You can always add some other veggie on the side and/or fruit.