WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 01:47 PM   #1  
Chicken Wings!

S/C/G: 150/140/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Going out to dinner tonight-

I have 11 1/2 points left for today (plus a point I didn't use yesterday, so 12 1/2 pts). This is the first time going out to eat since my diet (let alone the fact this is only my 2nd day of WW).
I am able to view the full menu, and with figuring out that I can eat 4 oz of NYS Steak (5pts) I need to know what is best, baked potato, garlic mashed, fries, or home fries?
This is going to be very VERY hard for me because I love going out to eat.
Besides that, today I had my biggest loss yet of 1.5 lbs and I don't want to blow it!
I'm trying to save my 35 flex points for when I go out to dinner next Wednesday before my boyfriend leaves for vacation.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Old 09-01-2006, 02:39 PM   #2  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Hmmm, I didn't think you could carry a point over from a previous day, but I couldn't swear to it. Does the restaurant you're going to offer any steamed veggies? Most will at least offer steamed broccoli, which if eaten plain would be 0 points! Also, if you do a garden salad with only ff dressing on it that will help. Often times I'll get the baked potato with the sour cream on the side and just put barely a taste of the sour cream on my fork and then the potato. You get the taste of the sour cream without as many points as if you slathered it on...which most of us love to do! Hope these suggestions help, and enjoy your meal! Oh, also, grilled fish or shrimp would be fewer points than the steak.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:40 PM   #3  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

One more thing, I would stay away from the fries as most restaurants fry them rather than baking them. It's also easier to judge the portion amount on a baked potato than on a pile of fries!
Old 09-01-2006, 04:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

Make sure you ask questions of the waiter.Ther are restaurants that actually dip a baked potato in butter before they serve it to you.Ditto on the steak.As far as saving a point from one day to the next never heard of that before.You need to eat all your points otherwise you won't be getting enough food.The last thing you need is your body going into starvation mode.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:42 PM   #5  
Chicken Wings!

S/C/G: 150/140/130

Height: 5'2"

Okay, I wasn't sure if you could carry the points over for a week or not. It was actually an accident that I didn't use all my points yesterday, I forgot to eat my after-lunch snack. But it was sort of nice because I got to add peanut butter to my celery at my 3rd snack!
Either way, I hope this goes well. Its going to take a lot for me not to finish a steak, mostly because I have been eating nothing but chicken and really miss eating steak!
Old 09-05-2006, 01:36 PM   #6  

You have to eat all your daily points and they don't carry over if you don't. That's what flex points are for. Looking at the potatoes, guess which one is best - about 1/2 the baked potato but don't let them put butter and sour cream on it. I take my spray butter with me or ask for salsa for my potato. Better yet, substitute another veggie for the potato - and get the bread basket out of your reach.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:05 PM   #7  
Maintaining for 3+ years!

S/C/G: 180/157/148

Height: 5'8"

•Lamb chops are great since they take a long time to eat.
•Halve your baked potato and meat and if you can, put them on your bread dish away from you. Immediately douse them with salt so you aren't tempted to pick at them later.
•I competely skip the bread by talking myself into visualizing the bread as dry and tasteless -- which it pretty much is. I imagine the butter to be rancid. Bread is rarely such an exotic treat that it's worth filling up on. And once you get started there's no stopping. Bring a piece of gum or even some whole wheat melba rounds in your purse to hold you over if necessary.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:33 PM   #8  

Get a to-go box and put half of your steak and potato away immediately. You can have it for dinner another night.
Closed Thread