WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 02:05 PM   #1  

Default 1 point smoothie.

Recently my husband bought me a smoothie drink (more like a fruit puree drink) and when I calculated it, it was 1 point even though the actual calories for 1 cup is 110. I think weight watchers reduced the points because of the high fiber content in it. It's pretty good it's called "Bolthouse Farms Berry Boost Smoothie". Great low-point option for the summer. Just thought I'd share.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:30 PM   #2  
Fat free witches brew now

S/C/G: 123/123/105

I just love those drinks. I've tried several and the only one I didn't care for was the green one. I bought the berry one today and it is very good. It's hard to believe that it's just 1 pt. per 8 oz. I'd hate to see what the Chai and the mocha ones are though.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Here's what is sort of confusing. I looked at it with my point calculator, and if there's less than 1 gram of fat, and four or more grams of fiber, it is (barely) within the 1 point square, but two of them, would be 4 points, even if it has no fat.

Unless you're drinking a lot of them, a point or two one way or the other isn't going to make a difference, but it is a little misleading, I think.
Closed Thread