3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Food and Point Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues-23/)
-   -   Help I am so new to this never tried WW before. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues/76756-help-i-am-so-new-never-tried-ww-before.html)

Misery Chick 02-20-2006 11:04 PM

Help I am so new to this never tried WW before.

Hello out there I have just started WW today and I really need help with the points and if anyone knows of good links to help me out that would be great and if anyone knows how many points I would count for my tsp. of sugar in my coffee or tea that would be great and do I also count the skim milk....sorry if I sound not so smart. But I have so much to lose and I want to do this right this time....I have tried everything but surgery to lose my weight and I feel this is my last chance.

Kelly_S 02-21-2006 11:20 AM

Everything but 0 point veggies have points. Dependin on the amount you use in 1 cup it may or may not be some but if you have more than 1 than you may have to count it.

1 tsp of sugar is 15 cal/0 fat/0 fiber so it is 0 points but only for that 1 tsp...

your skim milk is between 80-90 cal/0 fat/0 fiber per cup so there are 16 tablespoons in a cup...how much do you use.

sflasue 02-22-2006 02:42 PM

try splenda in your coffee. it's no points and is made from sugar cane.
I switched to it aqnd love it!!

angel-54 02-22-2006 03:00 PM

I started on Monday and do miss my "regular" coffee. 2 % mild and 2 heaping tsp. ofsugar. I have been drinking it balck and for a real treat I add the milk and 1 tsp of sugar. But I count those points.

MistySeptember 02-22-2006 03:10 PM

WELCOME!!!!! Let me first say I LOVE WW, once you get the program down it becomes second nature. I started at 224 as well. I have had ups and downs, all the ups are my fault. I know fo rme the program works if I work it.

Kelly is right on..as usual You rock Kelly!! Anyway, 1 tsp of sugar is 0 points. 2 tsp is 1 point. I used to love splenda, now I get headaches if I use too much.

Here's what I do b/c I am a BIG fan of hot tea. Each morning I take 1 cup of skim milk in a measureing cup with a spout (you know the glass liquid measure?) and put it in the fridge. I immediatly track the 2 points. Then I am BAD with the sugar and usually is 1 TBS per cup of tea. So when I have a cup of tea I add my desired milk, and sugar and write down 1 point. I have already counted my milk at the beginning of the day and tracking 1 point per cup of tea works well for me. At the end of the day if I have any milk left in my cup I drink it at dinner :)

Hope this helps! I hope you continue finding support here, it's a great site and lots of helpful people. I am part of a forum called Slimmin' Sistas, here's our link if you'd like it http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=180

Kelly_S 02-22-2006 03:19 PM

MistySeptember, wow that is one of the best tricks/tips I have heard for milk for the coffee. You also get to mark off one of the milk requirements that way too. :) Good job!

Idealperson 02-23-2006 03:38 PM

Here are some sites that are good for recipe/meal ideas and some general info and support-
thatsmyhome.com
recipegoldmine.com
angelfire.com/journal/wwrecipes
dwlz.com
lhj.com

:carrot:

mauvaisroux 02-24-2006 08:37 PM

Sorry, Ideal - I had to linkosuction as one or two of those had competing sites - don't mind the mention but no links please - some were okay but I didn't want to show favoritism towards specific sites

Hope you understand :)

Idealperson 03-01-2006 11:32 AM

Sorry, no problem...how have ya been? Are you still belly dancing, is Aphil still around on these boards? I've been sort of hit-and-miss lately!

mauvaisroux 03-01-2006 01:06 PM

No need to apologize :lol: I've been so busy that I have taken a 6 month break from dancing but I'm getting back into it in the spring. Aphil is probably busy since the last I heard she was house hunting.

Hope things are well with you :)

Misery - try checking out the Weight Watchers Canada site - some things are free but others you have to pay a subscription to get - still it's worth a look and you can sign up for their free e-mail newsletter.

mamabear272 03-01-2006 01:15 PM

Misery, did you get a book at your first meeting? I got one for week one of the program and in it, it has some points values for some common foods. We also got a points finder slider that is really helpful. I have signed up for eTools and I have a calculator on my palm pilot so if you'd like I could send you my slider...if you're interested you can pm me with your address and I can get it out to you. HTH