WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 01:33 PM   #1  

Question How many points???

Sometime I buy prepackaged food from a local market and I have the hardest time calculating how many points are in each meal.

For example, for lunch today I had 2 cups chicken soup. The ingredients were: Chicken Stock, Celery, Turnips, Carrots, All-White Chicken, Pepper. I'm not sure they were in that order. There was probably 1 - 2 oz of chicken, 3 oz at the absolute most. How many points should I count for this meal?

Thanks for the help!
Old 01-11-2006, 02:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/137/135

Height: 5ft, 4.5in

Default best guess

Whenever I can't find the info, I try to find something pretty close and count the points for that. It sounds a lot like Campbell's Chunky "Hearty Chicken Vegetable" soup.

Hope that helps!

-Amy
Old 01-17-2006, 04:59 PM   #3  

I am new to WW, so I haven't got the system down yet. I thought that veggies were zero points, so you would only count the chicken?
Old 01-18-2006, 11:02 AM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I'm not sure without the actual nutritional info but I make but I would hazard a guess of at least 4 points. I have a recipe that is somewhat similar ingedients wise and a two cup serving is 4 points.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:17 PM   #5  

I second finding a similar product. Only counting the chicken would probably not be as accurate because they didn't use ff broth and who knows what preservatives were in the chicken.
Closed Thread