WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2001, 07:31 PM   #1  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Angry

I found some taco shells, the brand is La Tiara, and the shells are 0pts for one. They are small and fragile, but very tasty. I got the corn shells:

Each:
37 cals
2g fat
3g fiber
0pts

For the taco "meat", I used LightLife brand soy crumbles:
1/3 cup:
40 cals
0 fat
either 2 or 3g fiber
0 pts

In the "meat" I added a few chopped baby carrots, sliced mushrooms and a little taco sauce. Really, all you need is a tablespoon of the mixture for 1 taco. Then in the shell I added a ton of lettuce and some diced tomatoes....

It depends on how you count and what your guidelines are, but this I guess is an essentially 0 pt taco...

I had a few, so I counted several points, but the idea is nice....!

These are the BEST tacos, and you would NEVER know you weren't eating ground beef!
Old 05-18-2001, 10:34 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Default The only true zero point food is non-starchy veggies!

For 1 taco that's 77 calories/2 fat grams/5-6 fiber and that's 1 point if you use the old or new way to count points.
Old 05-18-2001, 10:38 AM   #3  
imaleader

Default Not really zero

And here's why: for every two shells you have to count them as one point. They then become 74 calories, 4 grams of fat, and 6 grams of fiber, which comes up as one point. so, don't fool yourself into thinking that 2 shells times zero is still zero. (It's like raisins: 1 oz of raisins is 90 cals, 0 fat and 2 gm fiber, - 1 pt. If you eat 2 ounces they blossom up to 3 points, so they more than double, even if you just double the serving. So, be careful!

Old 05-18-2001, 12:59 PM   #4  
Bacon Girlie

Default Too bad

Yeah, I understand all that, but I said the idea is nice!

Girlie
Old 05-18-2001, 02:57 PM   #5  
imaleader

Got it. (Like, we all thought that the Bakers' Cookies at the beginning were really only 1 points. They never were. We were all just "calculating" wrong!

Old 05-18-2001, 07:07 PM   #6  
Bacon Girlie

Default As someone once said..

If it looks too good to be true, it is!!!!
Old 05-29-2001, 04:24 PM   #7  

Hey, even at one point, you're doing pretty good to get a whole taco, without using up many points...
Old 06-08-2001, 02:14 PM   #8  

Default Relax

have some fun and lighten up some. I think it's great & I'd love to find those taco shells to make some. I think the veggie slices comes in shredded cheddar too.

I just hate it when people are so critical. It takes the fun away. This is why I never post anymore - I hate posts that critize! I feel better now.

Thank you.
Closed Thread