Skinny Cows Chocolate vs. Vanilla

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • What flavor do you prefer, those of you who indule and where can you get them in Pittsburgh?
  • :)
    Awwww Skinny Cows! Depending on my mood, but for the most part I LOVE vanilla! I don't know where you can buy them in Pittsburgh, but if you have a Super Fresh, Genuardi, or Pathmark grocery stores, you may be able to find them there. Those are the names of the grocery stores in my area (Delaware). Good luck!

Gail
  • I've only tried the chocolate & vanilla...only flavors I've been able to find, although I've heard there's a chocolate mint & at least one other flavor.

I LOVE the vanilla.....the chocolate on the other hand tastes very weird to me. I wouldn't say I hate it (and since the only thing I can find is the combo pack 3 vanilla, 3 chocolate I eat them), but it just doesn't taste like chocolate should to me.

Only place I've found them in NC is Lowes Foods, and only in certain ones of those. For instance the one in Apex, NC carries them (where i used to live), but the one in Sanford, NC doesn't (where I now live).

LE
  • I'm like Legal Eagle - I love the vanilla, but the chocolate just doesn't taste quite right. I'm lucky that I can usually get the six pack of vanilla only. My store also carries the chocolate peanut butter - I like that as well. The peanut butter seems to hide whatever tastes weird in the chocolate.
  • Hey Cece where did you find the chocolate peanut butter! I live in the suburbs too (Warrenville to be exact) and would love to try them!!

Thanks!

Lynn
  • What to do if you can't find Skinny Cow!
    Thought I'd let all of you know that if you want Skinny Cows to come to your town, go to the Skinny Cow web page www.Skinnycow.com and there's a form that you can print up and take to your grocery store or market! It has all the information on it (products, Company, Phone #, etc) so you just need to give it to the 'one in charge of ordering'. It's worked here!

Wishing you Skinny cows EVERYWHERE!

Hugs, Chris
  • Lynn -

I got them at my local Jewel. I live in Barrington so if you're really wanting to try the chocolate/peanut butter just take a drive north up Rt. 59!

Carla
  • I just tried Skinny Cows for the first time. I found them at Super Target. I prefer the vanilla also over the chocolate.

I was wondering if anyone else has a problem with the cookie part sticking to the roof of your mouth when you are eating them?
  • Howdy all,
    The only problem I have with Skinny Cow is keeping them in the freezer instead of my mouth!!

The Mint ones are pretty good, vanilla is the favorite here. We haven't seen the chocolate ones at all.
  • I tried these for the first time this week and love the vanilla. DH ate the chocolate as I don't care for chocolate. I went back today to buy some more and all they had was caramel with a very light looking cookie. I'll wait till they get a new delivery of the vanilla. Caramel sounds too sweet to me.
  • Too sweet?
    It's a dessert item, you cannot get it too sweet! LOL!

Yes they stick to the roof of my mouth as well as my fingers! It is well worth it though!
  • Vanilla Girl Here!!
    I have only had the Vanilla. As for the fact I hate Chocolate ice cream....so I won't be buying those.

I found them at Pick-N-Save in Wisconsin. I hear Jewel has them but I keep forgetting to look.
  • Hi. Giant Eagle in Pittsburgh carries the Skinny Cow. I discovered them about 3 weeks ago at the McIntyre Center store in the North Hills. The Pine Creek store also has them. I've only seen the chocolate and vanilla flavors.

I prefer the vanilla since I've never been a big fan of chocolate ice cream. They are really delicious - low fat or not!
  • I love chocolate ice cream, but don't like the chocolate Skinny Cows. Just sort of funny tasting. The vanilla ones are great! We can only get vanilla, or chocolate and vanilla packed together. Looking forward to trying the peanut butter.
  • I can't get them at the Giant Eagle in Shadyside. Harumph.

Wonder if the one at the Homestead Waterfront or the one in East Liberty carries them...

Kendra