WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2001, 10:10 AM   #1  

My store (Safeway in CA) had big signs "Discontinued" next to every one of the WoW products. I went on the Frito Lay site to see if this was a company thing or a store thing and there wasn't anything there. Does anyone know?
Old 03-03-2001, 06:12 AM   #2  

I'm having a hard time finding all the flavors as well. The only ones I see anymore are just the regular ones! It's very disappointing!

At least they are still making the Baked ones though - cause I like those just as much!

------------------
Tracy
320/283/150
OP Since 10/30/00
Old 03-03-2001, 07:41 AM   #3  
Queen of the Fresh Start

I've seen the WOW potato chips at the Jewel (Albertson's) stores, but cannot find the WOW tostitos (restaurant style, regular corn) anywhere!

I'm not happy about this, as they were so good, I had stopped buying regular doritos/tostitos, and everyone was eating them instead.

~Jen
Old 03-04-2001, 09:13 PM   #4  

Default WOW Chips

I can still get them at WalMart but they have made the bags smaller and the price bigger!
Old 03-05-2001, 11:58 AM   #5  
Dave Matthews Addict

I just came from my grocery store (Giant Eagle in Western PA), and they actually had the best selection of Wows that I've seen there in a long time. They had the small bags AND the big bags, including sour cream and onion, which they never have. I guess, though, that maybe the warehouse is trying to get rid of them, if they're really getting rid of them?
Old 03-05-2001, 09:03 PM   #6  
Chick-a-dee

WOW chips are easy to find in Atlanta, although my favorite, the nacho cheese, are a bit tricky. Some times nothing tastes as good as doritos, but they just aren't worth the points! I'm stingy when it comes to spending points!
Old 03-06-2001, 01:41 AM   #7  

Thank you all for your input. So..........my question is:
Is it only Safeway that is discontinuing? Not Lays? Perhaps there is some other way to get them.......hmmmmmmmmm.
Old 03-07-2001, 10:41 PM   #8  
Chick-a-dee

Speaking of yummy snacks, have any of you tried Rob's American Gourmet Veggie Bootie, Personality Puffs and Pirate Booty? These are low fat, higher-fiber, mostly organic snacks that are really tasty. They are 2 points for a single serving bag, which is a good amount because they are light and fluffy like the puffed cheetos. Here in Atlanta you can buy them at Planet Smoothie locations as well as Harry's. You can also get them by the case off of the internet at robsamericangourmet.com. Personality Puffs and Pirate Booty are cheesy, like Cheetos, and Veggie Booty is coated in veggie dust and is packed with vitamins. Yum!

Annie
Old 03-08-2001, 09:53 AM   #9  
Cowboy Up Chick

At Super Wal-Mart last night they had:

WOW Plain, WOW BBQ, WOW Sour Cream & Onion, WOW Doritos and WOW Tostitos
Old 03-09-2001, 03:26 AM   #10  

WOW's have been in short supply here in southern California, too! I was up in Monterey last week and stocked up while I was there. I spoke with the Frito Lay distributor at my local store and he told me that the wherehouse was out of Wow chips! Can it be that they are in such high demand that they can't make enough? Good news is coming, though gang! I called WOW and asked about WOW Fritos...they are on the way! They were actually supposed to be on the market last fall, so they are at least in the pipeline! I don't think we need to worry about them being pulled from the market...they seem like a pretty high demand item.
Old 03-09-2001, 09:49 AM   #11  
Cowboy Up Chick

WOW Fritos I'll be in heaven. Hope they will do the Chili and Cheese ones yum yum yum.
Old 03-09-2001, 12:50 PM   #12  
Rat Terrier Chick

WOW! WOW FRITOS? That sounds great! Now I just hope they are a big hit cause Frito-Lay used to make a low-fat Fritos and there wasn't enough interest. When the company discontinued them (several years ago) I called to find out why, and they said Fritos are made from corn chips which contain fat, and consumers just didn't buy them because although they were lower fat than regular Fritos, they were only about 1/3 less calories which wasn't a considerable amount to consumers at that time. So this is really good news about the WOW Fritos, because the only fat in the chips will be from the corn, just like the WOW Tostitos. I CAN'T WAIT! I LOVE FRITOS!

Last edited by Tato; 03-09-2001 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-09-2001, 08:44 PM   #13  
Cowboy Up Chick

I want some now! The first person to see them in their area let me know.
Old 03-09-2001, 10:23 PM   #14  
Chick

Default Fritos??

Did I hear correctly or am I imagining that someone said that there will be a "lite" Fritos on the way?? Boy, will I have to watch my way around those babies!! I will of course have to try at least one bag, I mean, I am only human. I can't wait for them to be on the market. Or, maybe I should wait for them....to good for me.
Old 03-22-2001, 01:46 AM   #15  

Thanks everyone for the information!!!!

I checked out Walmart and they had a big supply! I was so afraid they were going away!

I spread a layer of Tostitos Wows on a plate. Throw some refried beans on it, top with ff mexican cheese or ff jack and onions, throw in the microwave...and I'm having a party. I tell you.

love the stuff. Thanks!
Closed Thread