WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2000, 07:29 AM   #16  

cinnamon streussel rice cakes, fat free cool whip, veggie burgers, grapes, (grapes are very expensive right now) pam butter spray, and lots of veggies.
Old 12-20-2000, 09:56 PM   #17  

Great topic! I always love getting new ideas. I would add to the many mentioned above: stir fry sauce, turkey polish sausage, canned artichoke hearts (I love them on salads or by themselves with ffree italian dressing), Yoplait ffree yogurt, all flavors, light string cheese (one 1 point!)
Old 12-21-2000, 05:07 AM   #18  
Number 1 Hockey Fan

Tiffinay--

Here are my favourites that I can't live without--I'm probably doubling up on some of them but, Oh well--here goes it--

vegetarian baked beans
Fat Free hotdogs (I like Oscar Meyer the best)
Brussel Sprouts
Broccoli
Litpton Cup-o-Soup (the cream of mushroom and cream of broccoli only have 1 pt per pkg-- not bad for a quick snack)
Fat Free refried beans --even the 1% fat ones are really good
Fat free soft tortillas
Fat Free cottage cheese
Chinese apple pears (REALLY YUMMY!--they may be called something else in the States)
SALSA! SALSA! SALSA and more SALSA--bring on the SALSA!!! Can't get enough of it!! :
SALSA on a baked potato with maybe a little bit of grated cheddar cheese on top (I use regular cheddar because the points are the same as the low fat--at least it was before the new program started)
Snackwell cracked peppercorn crakers
Bean sprouts added to a green salad--adds a really nice crunch to the salad!
Balsamic vinegar
Fat Free fudgscicles
Shreddies
V8 Juice
Dill Pickles
Garlic flavoured pam
GARLIC! GARLIC! and more GARLIC!--Just like the Salsa--Bring on the Garlic!!
GARBANZO BEANS!!!--YUMMY

Have fun grocery shopping. With all the wonderful ideas and suggestions everyone has given you you will have a kitchen full of really yummy and healthy foods!

Enjoy
Garbanzo

[This message has been edited by Garbanzo Bean (edited 12-20-2000).]
Old 12-21-2000, 10:30 PM   #19  
Number 1 Hockey Fan

I forgot to add portobello mushrooms to my list. I absolutley love them grilled.
Old 12-21-2000, 11:10 PM   #20  

Hey, Tiffany--when you finish your grocery shopping, can we all come over?
Old 12-22-2000, 12:11 AM   #21  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

Oh my. LOL....
Um, my cart is overflowing.

I work late, until 6:00, so by the time I get home and fix something it's so late, and my honey has already fed the kids...so I grab something fast. I do like the Fat Free hotdogs, and Boca burgers, and fat free pringles. I also like the frozen packages of broccoli and cheese and cauliflower and cheese.

For breakfast, I LOVE Egg Beaters, with some Buddig ham chopped up in it, and some fat free cheese...YUM!!

I was hoping to come up with some new ideas, maybe something I was missing...and thanks to you all, I have some new ideas!

Thanks guys, and if you are ever in Illinois, I'll fix ya some dinner.

Tiff
Old 12-22-2000, 12:18 AM   #22  

Kelly S - is there any particular brand or type of salsa you recommend?

Helen

Old 12-22-2000, 01:52 AM   #23  
Cowboy Up Chick

Check out the Salsa Recommendations thread at http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//Forum16/HTML/001536.html

I like Rojo's and Fry's (Kroger's) for store brands but I perfer to make it myself.
Old 12-22-2000, 03:02 AM   #24  

I'll add a few things:

I like the Simply Smart milk that is skim, but has "body."
Yoplait Lite because of flavors like Boston Creme that taste like dessert.
Fruit that comes in glass jars in the cooler section (mangos, citrus, apricots)
Morningstar Garden Burgers (since Bocas have been mentioned many times)
sugar-free Italian syrup I bought a case of this from coffeeam.com and use it on everything, but especially in a mug of milk in the microwave! Yum!
chocolate lowfat pop tarts - a VERY occassional treat because they have four points!

I survey each of the major grocery outlets (and BJs) on a regular basis to sniff out new pointsworthy items. I was very excited to find Blue Bunny products last year (KELLY S. is right, they are great) and Skinny Cow this year. Happy hunting!

------------------
There are many paths up the mountain but we'll all reach the peak if we just keep climbing.
Old 12-28-2000, 02:53 AM   #25  

I like me some polenta! The best is Melissa's No Fat, which I've found in the produce section at the supermarket. It comes in a 1 pound roll (like a sausage) and THE WHOLE THING is 4 points! You can cut it into slices and fry them, but I like microwaving a bowlful until it turns into spicy cornmeal mush and stirring in some tomato sauce, along with some zucchini and mushrooms.

Also Morningstar Farms black bean veggie burgers. Great to heat those up and roll them up in a tortilla with salsa and fat free sour cream.

I still need a soda fix every now and then, so I get Diet Rite, which doesn't have caffeine and is sweetened with Splenda.

My latest thing is acorn squash... I just cut one in half and bake it, then season it with some cumin and butter spray and have it as a meal.

And soup! Progresso's Tomato Vegetable Italiano is only 2 points for the whole can!

Old 12-28-2000, 06:18 AM   #26  

Oh I recently found this polenta - or a brand very similar - and it comes in various herb flavors too. Very yummy with zucchini cooked with tomatoes, onions and garlic.

Boca has some breakfast sausage things that are good too, spicier but smaller than the burgers. Very good with an egg beater omlet and some SALSA for breakfast.

I always have FF sour cream in the house. Mixed with salsa it makes a great no point salad dressing, as does seasoned rice vinegar.

Another thing I can no longer *live* without is Light Laughing Cow spreadable cheese. It comes 8 wedges to a round container. A little pricy but each wedge is only 1/2 point and is great on toast/bagel for breakfast, or on some lf crackers for a snack. Heck, I've had it on good sourdough bread along with some red wine for a great picnic!

And I love the new Ruby Red Grapefruit flavor of Crystal Light.

Fresh fruit and veggies are always on my list - and believe me in Alaska they're not cheap in the winter!

And S&W brand specialty beans - Santa Fe and Caribbean Black are my favorites. I make a pseudo-taco salad by starting with lots of lettuce, some shredded cabbage, and adding some tomato, warmed up beans (usually the Caribbean black beans), some avocado and/or cheese if I have the points to spend, and then top with the FF sour cream and salsa mix. Served with a warm ff tortilla, it makes a great (and huge) low point lunch.

------------------
Pat

"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down." - Mary Pickford
Old 12-28-2000, 07:25 PM   #27  
Dragon Diva

Healthy Choice butter flavored popcorn
Sweet Escapes bars
LF or FF tortillas
vegetarian FF refried beans
eggs
Sargento Light Mexican cheese
Dannon light yogurt (esp. cappuccino flavor)
Breyer's light yogurt (esp. apple pie flavor)

And from the internet, Baker's cookies and Aspen muffins.

------------------
Brigette >^.^<
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste great with ketchup.
Old 02-12-2001, 09:20 AM   #28  
Dave Matthews Addict

Bumping up for VegasBride
Old 02-12-2001, 10:25 AM   #29  

You already have three items on your list that I always get.
TO that, I would add:
Orville Redenbacher Smart Pop- SNACK SIZE
Weight Watchers Honey Roasted Peanuts
Kraft Cheese Slices-( the 2% milk slices that are 50 cal. per slice
Healthy Choice Lean Lunch Meats
Healthy Choice Hot Dogs
Hot Dog Buns- Wonder Lite(1 pt buns) or the Aunt Millies 98% fat free Potatoe Hot dog bun- 2pts. but so delicious that it's worth that extra point.
A bag of those mini boxes of Sunmaid Raisins
egg beaters
Breakstone Snack SIze Cottage Cheese
Hunts Snack Pack Puddings- the Banana Cream is to die for. 3 worth while points.
Graham Crackers
Peanut butter
Mrs. T's Low-Fat Pierogi
Dove Bars-chocolate on chocolate- the best flavor. Oh, I know,Iknow- but worth it if you save up the points and made sure you got in all the healthy stuff first. A nice once a week you deserve it treat! - You'll Always find a box in my freezer!
Nutella!- ummmmmmm! What more can I say.

Happy Shopping!
Old 02-13-2001, 05:24 AM   #30  

Besides alot of the above, I get :
fruit leather
assorted veggies and then roast them
ff tortillas
fruit salsa (Good eatin!)

------------------
BEING FAT IS HARDER THAN ANY DIET!
Closed Thread