3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Food and Point Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues-23/)
-   -   no points or low point snacks? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues/509-no-points-low-point-snacks.html)

vegasbride 02-12-2001 02:13 AM

Does anyone know where I can find a list of snacks with no points or very low points? THANKS

lighter 02-12-2001 05:13 AM

In the Getting Started Week 1 book on page 36 there is a list of 1 pt foods. On the next page there are 2 pt foods.
Also try dotti's web site. I think she has a list in her own threads.
Ann P

vegasbride 02-12-2001 05:16 PM

Thanks, Ann

I did check out the 1 point and low point lists at Dotti's site and they are very helpful.

While there are some things listed like diet cocoa, etc - most of it seemed to be ingredients like: eg. 2 T X brand salad dressing.

I guess what I was thinking of was something more like a snack list - for when you just need something extra if you're hungry -

here are some examples I came up with on my own:

cup of sugar free jello with lite Cool Whip

dill pickles

celery sticks w/ lite dressing dip

sugar free popsicle

something I could grab as a snack when I has few or no points left.

THANKS

LUVSUMMER 02-13-2001 12:48 AM

Here are some of my favorite snacks:

pretzels (points depend on the brand, but most are 1 or 2 points for quite a few)

Cheddar Quesadilla Baked Tostitos (19 for 2 pts.)

Individually packaged servings of applesauce (If you get the natural with no sugar added, most of them are 1 point)

Homemade "ice cream" sandwiches (1 chocolate graham cracker sheet broken in half, with 3 Tbsp. Fat Free Cool Whip in between; freeze it in a plastic bag) 1 point

Kemps 100 Yogurt (2 points)

Fresh fruit (Most are 1 point for 1 cup)

Veggies

Fat free pudding cups (2 points) (can add 3 Tbsp. Fat Free Cool Whip to the chocolate for Chocolate Mousse, no extra points)

Fat free Cottage cheese (I think 1/3 cup is 1 point)

Hope this helps!

Parsp 02-14-2001 01:14 AM

Kelloggs All-Bran Apple Cinnamon Muffins (from mix) made with lite bake oil replacer instead of oil. 1 pt each. Full size muffin. Great!

waiting2 02-14-2001 03:38 AM

Just tried V-8 diet splash today -10 calories for 8 ounces , sweetened w/sucralose
(Splenda). So I guess it's 0 points for a serving . Tastes good & is more satisfying than just drinking water.It comes in several flavors.

MissRitaJo 02-15-2001 06:49 AM

Hi! I really like Golden Graham treats. You know that you buy about 8 in a box in the cereal aisle. I zap it in the micro for about 15 secs. and it is yummy! They have 2 points. Also I have a recipe for Pineapple/Angelfood cupcakes. Very easy. You take a large can of crushed pineapple in it's own juice (do not drain) and mix it with a box of angelfood cake mix. It will get very frothy. Make into 24 cupcakes. Bake until golden brown. 1 1/2 points each. Also a serving of Wow! Tostitos is 2 points for I think 16 and 2 Tbl. or jarred Nacho Cheese is just 1 point. A real treat!

Tato 02-15-2001 09:27 PM

MissRitaJo,

I sure hope that was just a typo about the WOW Tortilla chips being 16 chips for 2 points. I thought I would clarify the points for these WOW chips. (I eat these ALL the time). You get 6 chips for 2 points, not 16. Six whole chips equal 1 ounce which is 90 calories and 1 g fat. And they are talking about 6 unbroken chips. I always count out the unbroken ones first then I weigh the broken ones to get 1 ounce for 2 points. BTW, thanks for mentioning the pineapple/angelfood cupcakes! It's been awhile since I made these and I just remembered I have a box of mix on hand so I think I'll whip up a batch this weekend! :)

[This message has been edited by Tato (edited 02-15-2001).]

Legal Eagle 02-15-2001 09:43 PM

If you're looking for a tortilla chip that's high in volume, but low in points, I recommend the Guiltless Gourmet chips. They come in several different kinds, Blue Corn & Chili & Lime are the 2 I've tried and liked. They are 2 points for 18 chips. Add some salsa for 0 points and that's a filling snack for me.

Also, when I'm pretty hungry and want a filling snack I eat a low fat chewy granola bar (Quaker, or store brand). The s'mores flavor or chocolate chunk flavor are 2 points. I also eat these a lot when I'm craving a candy bar because they're about the same size, they give me the taste of chocolate and since they're chewy they take a little while to eat.

LE