WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 01:03 PM   #1  

Default 0 point food

any other 0 point food besides vegetables, fat free sugar free jello and some beverages?
Old 07-25-2004, 10:46 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Basically really only nonstarchy veggies are completely zero points all the time.

If you eat more than 1 or 2 servings of the sugar free jello it starts having points. There are many things that are freebies based on the low caloric value but eventually those add up to points.

For example I believe 1 serving of sugar free jello is 10 cal - 2 would be 20 and still 0 but 3 would be 30 cal and 1 point. See what I am saying?

So my leader gave me this tip many years ago. For each of the nonveggie zero point items track them and for ever 4-5 you add 1 point.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:22 PM   #3  
Om shanti

Great point. If you focus on eating a lot of zero-point foods, you could upset the whole Points system, and make yourself less successful.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:27 AM   #4  
Running Babe

For veggies, I keep them free regardless (well except for starchy veggies and too many carrots), for all others, I count them as 0. Free veggies kept me on program on some hard days sometimes, then again while I was losing (well I am again, I have gone back) I was very active (and am starting to be again) and never factored in my activity points, so I guess it evens out.

For other things like jello, gum, SF popsicles, it depends on how many I have etc whether or not I'd count it.

Cheers!

Ali
Closed Thread