WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 09:17 AM   #1  

Default Any Low point tasty salad dressings out there?

Hi. If anyone has any suggestions for good tasting lowpoint salad dressings could you please post them. I have generally been using FF italian but am sort of burned out on that. Thanks!
Old 09-04-2003, 09:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Maybe try this: Take 1 tbsp of your Italian dressing & add 1 tsp of oil & 1 tsp balsamic vinegar. Shake well. This equals 1 Pt if the Italian is 0. I really liked this.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:33 PM   #3  

My favorites are Hidden Valley Ranch Light and Just 2 Good French. I also like to take Miracle Whip Light and thin it down with a little skim milk and add onion powder and garlic. I don't care for the taste of alot of fat-free versions so I stick with the lights.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:24 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Newman's Own Light Balsamic Vinegarette 2 tablespoons 1 point and believe me it is so tasty that is enough.
Old 09-04-2003, 02:46 PM   #5  

Thanks for all those ideas. I will definitely try them out!
Old 09-08-2003, 10:21 AM   #6  

Try this. Get the Ken's Lite Raspberry and Walnut Vinaigrette. At first, don't shake it up. Open the top and gently pour out as much of the oil at the top as you can (actually a turkey baster works great to suck it out if you ahve one!). Taking out that extra (and unneeded!) oil makes the dressing 1 pt for 2T. And it's yummy, too! They also make a fat free Raspberry Pecan, but it's not as good.

Actually I do this w/ all vinaigrette type dressings (or anything that has all that oil flaoting at the top). My other fav dressing is the Kraft Caesar Parmesan Vinaigrette. Doing that trick also makes it 1 pt for 2T.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:16 PM   #7  

girards spinach salad dressing is really yummy. it's not marketed as low fat, but i think it only has 1-2 grams of fat in it. i don't know the points off hand, sorry.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:50 PM   #8  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I do the same thing, I pour the oil off of regular dressing. BUT: save the oil it is great for cooking and adds good falvor to things like mushrooms and onions or a little in the pan for whatever...
-L
Old 09-12-2003, 01:53 AM   #9  
it's always something

Great idea on the extra oil! I'd have never thought of that.

My favorite dressing these days is T. Marzetti's Light Caesar Vinaigrette Dressing. It's light, not fat free, but is so good it's worth the fat. One serving would have 2 points.

My other favorite would be T. Marzetti's Two-Lightful Low Fat Honey Mustard. I love this over butterhead lettuce, fresh sweet onions, and leftover grilled chicken. I don't have a bottle right now, but I recall that it had less calories and fat than the Caesar.

I've quit eating fat free dressings. After discovering what a little bit of fat in the light dressings can do, it's usually worth it!
Old 09-12-2003, 05:58 AM   #10  
CIN

Default Salad dressing tip

I agree with Suzanne! I grew tired of trying to find a wonderful low fat dressing. Portion control is the best method for me.

An old trick I love to use is adding a small portion of my favorite dressing such as light or regular ranch to lowfat or ff cottage cheese and mix well. The cottage cheese "picks up" the flavor and is very good on the salad. I often do this at salad bars.

Cin
Old 09-12-2003, 07:56 AM   #11  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

I like the Walden's Farm no calorie dressings. The latest one I am trying right now is bacon ranch. I have to tell you that I think it is fine. Guess it depends on what you are looking for. Good luck!
Old 09-13-2003, 09:57 AM   #12  
Turtle Buddy

I use regular dressing, but I only use 1 teaspoon. That's 1 point and it's plenty if you mix it well. Or, 1 teaspoon of really good extra-virgin olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar is yummy, also for 1 point.

If I don't want any points, I use fresh salsa. (It's great on baked potatoes, too.) A squeeze of fresh lemon juice with a pinch of salt and pepper perks up the flavor of fresh veggies for 0 points, too.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:20 AM   #13  

Default Yummy salad dressing!

Trader Joe's has a wonderful low fat Greek dressing ...35 calories for 2 Tbsp. It tastes rich, and fattening ...YUM!
Closed Thread