3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Food and Point Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues-23/)
-   -   Anyone sticking to the points plus instead of the new plan? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues/308630-anyone-sticking-points-plus-instead-new-plan.html)

Christian 03-10-2016 12:26 AM

Anyone sticking to the points plus instead of the new plan?

I did well with the Points plus before and it seems as if the Smart points is healthier in some aspects but SUPER different for me that I struggle a lot, anyone had success on the old program and sticking with it?

Koshka 03-10-2016 01:07 PM

I have switched to SmartPoints. A couple of things that help me with the program:

1. I do swap FitPoints. Now that we have to meet a baseline first I find it safe for me to do that. I swap FitPoints before Weekly points but either way works.

2. For many people they find that they can lose and eat Weekly points whereas they didn't eat them on PointsPlus. Again, a bit of trial and error may be needed.

3. Lately, I've been reverse tracking. With reverse tracking you start counting your Weight Watchers day at the most difficult time of day for you. For me, that is the evening. So my WW day starts at 5:00 PM. So I have my full 30 daily points available then. I tracked yesterday's dinner and evening snacks in today's dinner/snacks slot. So, when I woke up this morning I knew how many daily points I had left for this morning until 5:00 PM. Day time is easier for me so this really helps me.

Sashamarie 03-10-2016 10:37 PM

I'm having a hard time eating my 42 points a day would I loose faster if I were eating 35 points

Christian 03-11-2016 12:43 AM

Thank you so much

I bought all the points plus information from ebay and am going back on it for a month or two and then maybe I will switch to smart points, just too big of a change for me to start out on lol I do love how you made the program work for you Koshka :)

SashaMarie- Did the leader set you up at 45? If so you may want to stick to that for sure

Koshka 03-14-2016 04:27 AM

Sashamarie

If you are having trouble eating all of your points, you might try counting the calories you are eating for awhile. Are you eating a lot of zero point foods? Some people fill up a lot with 0 point food (especially fruit) and then have trouble eating all their daily points. Also, you may want to show your leader what you have been eating to see if you get any suggestions.

What have you been eating on a typical day (or for a few days)?

EMERALDberry 07-22-2016 02:48 PM

I am doing the old points plan. I find I lose faster on it.

cookinmary 09-23-2016 01:16 PM

I have been doing this plan for two weeks now and have lost no weight. Have you had success with this plan of WW? I thought I should have lost at least a pound or so.

cm

caroling56 10-06-2016 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMERALDberry (Post 5271641)
I am doing the old points plan. I find I lose faster on it.

How's the old plan going for you? I want to do that plan, as I lost very well on it years ago. I have not been able to wrap my brain around the new plan. Where did you find info on the old plan?

EMERALDberry 10-06-2016 10:18 PM

I lost 18.2 lbs. and have been maintaining for a while due to dealing with some health issues. I have a goal to lose another 20 by the end of the year. I love the old points plan, though. It works!

christyjayk 10-23-2016 09:24 PM

I just started WW again. When I started it was 2003 and I lost ALOT of weight on the original points program however, I stopped thinking about healthy eating and only focused on points. Needless to say, I was eating alot of crap, mainly alot of WW bread and sugar- always trying to see what candy was low in points- lots of popcorn and carbs. I got really thin because I was counting calories only, but I don't think I was very healthy. I was a size 0 for a while, then it crept up to size 3 then 5--- Then I re-married. My husband said I looked too thin anyway and I stopped the diet. I'm short- lucky to squeeze into a size 6. Well, depends on the brand of clothing lol.
Now that it's years later, I I'm 47. I hike and walk 100 miles a month but I'm not losing weight because I'm cooking really good food like mac and cheese, lasagna you know, family meals to get the kids to participate in dinner more. I've gained weight in the mid section and I'm prone to hypertension. I'm not obese, but its not healthy for me. Anyway, I'm hoping to eat better, not necessarily to look unhealthily thin, but to get my waistline back and get healthy. So it sounds like a better deal to me. Here's hoping :)

Koshka 10-24-2016 04:26 AM

Good luck! One thing I like about the current program using SmartPoints is that it does encourage healthier eating.

buffalogal1947 11-09-2016 09:16 PM

I am trying to remember the old plan also. I have 40 pounds to lose and I think the starting points I would be allowed 25 points. Can anyone remember?

Koshka 11-11-2016 12:41 AM

On Points Plus the minimum daily points was 26 points. Of course, it could be more based upon weight, age, and gender.

KabukiKitty 01-06-2017 12:07 PM

I gave up when the new plan was introduced...and came back last week...the year off helped in that I forgot all the points I used to know, and as I do the new plan, I'm so surprised sometimes - like, how "expensive" yogurt is. But I am finding that SP is pushing me towards real foods and away from the "light" versions that actually were triggers for me...so maybe, if I build in the prep better, I'm thinking I can do this. I understood when I went to the meeting last week, that this week, the new tweaks for the year would be introduced. I'm very curious as to what changes there might be.

Mossy 01-07-2017 06:41 PM

I'm in. All in. Started back this week and I'm already happier. I am eating whole foods in whole forms. No sugar free anything. Nadda. No more SF soda pops. I'm drinking LaCroix waters and I'm really enjoying the fresh flavors.