3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Food and Point Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues-23/)
-   -   What's for supper at your house tonight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues/30567-whats-supper-your-house-tonight.html)

Idealperson 08-13-2003 05:00 PM

What's for supper at your house tonight?

Give me some suggestions, along with points, for what's cooking at your place?

Tonight I've saved some points for a good steak on the grill with some fresh tomatoes and green beans. Bon appetite!:moo:

ala 08-13-2003 06:54 PM

Chicken Breasts with Cranberry-Balsamic Sauce & Brussels Sprouts. Plus fresh plums off the tree for dessert.

The chicken breasts are colorful and just a bit different than the standard chicken dish. The cranberries add a nice sweet and sour too. Very yummy.

------------------
* Exported from MasterCook *

CHICKEN BREASTS WITH CRANBERRY-BALSAMIC SAUCE & BRUSSELS SPROUTS

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:30
Categories : 5 Points MAIN DISHES
Patty's Pointed Recipes

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 container Brussels sprouts -- (10 oz)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 1/4 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast -- halves, 4
2 cups cranberries
1/4 cup splenda
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Trim Brussels sprouts; cut lengthwise into thin slices. In 15.5" by 10.5" jelly-roll pan, toss sprouts with 1 tbsp. oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/8 tsp. pepper to coat. Spread evenly in pan; roast 15-20 minutes or until tender and browned at edges. 2. Meanwhile, in nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat until hot. On waxed paper, combine flour and remaining salt and pepper; use to coat chicken.
3. Add chicken to skillet and cook 6 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; turn chicken over and cook 6 to 8 minutes longer or until juices run clear when thickest part of breast is pierced with tip of knife. Transfer chicken to platter; keep warm.
4. To skillet, add cranberries, sugar, vinegar, and 3/4 cup water; heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Cook until sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Serve chicken with sauce and Brussels sprouts.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 238 Calories; 6g Fat (24.7% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 82mg Cholesterol; 627mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Idealperson 08-14-2003 09:25 AM

This chicken sounds great, though I hate brussel sprouts!

Tonight I am having grilled pork tenderloin with corn on the cob and garden fresh green beans (about 10 points). I love summer grilling and fresh garden veggies!

lalala 08-14-2003 01:49 PM

either porkchops grilled with a peach glaze, summer squash and some broccoli

or insalata caprese, depends on the number of tomatoes picked tonight.

ala 08-14-2003 02:05 PM

The chicken recipe doesn't taste like your mom's brussels sprouts. I was surprised to find it didn't even taste like mine. The sliced and baked with oil and salt really livens up the taste.

Idealperson 08-19-2003 01:39 PM

Tonight, since it is sooo hot here, I am making:

BLT's (lite bread- toasted, microwaved bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and Mir. Whip lite)
Corn on the cob, and sliced tomatoes. (8pts.)

Maybe a lite beer for 2 pts. more!:dizzy: