how many points?

• Is it difficult to figure out how many points a person should use? I have a friend who is planning to follow ww but not join for now. She is very heavy and very tall, (I think 5-10 at least and prob about 300 pounds) How are these calculated? I plan to give her my books, because I do all my tracking and calculating online and havent used my books at all, other than the "dining out" book.
    TIA
  • How old is your friend?
    Plug info into your food calculator, the little blue one.
  • Frankly I never let "friends" or "Family" know anything about WW On MY DIME !

I always offer to let them join me at a meeting to check things out. It's free to do that.

But that's just my humble opinion
  • This information shouldn't be given out.
  • I found a free calculator online that told me how many points I'm allowed each week and what weight I should be at. Then, I have an app on my phone to look up and keep track of my points. I paid $.99 for it.
  • Yeah, I found that calculator online too, but I think for me, it's more meaningful to log on to the WW site and enter my food, otherwise, I'd have just done Sparkpeople alone.
  • Realized my points calculator does it just fine. Just had to figure out the program. wikipedia publishes the actual formulas too, but they are hard to use. I have no problem sharing ww info with people. I pay for the support, most of the info is available a variety of ways. And frankly for this friend, I would pay her way if she wanted to join, and in fact I offered it. She isn't ready for that yet.