3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Food and Point Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues-23/)
-   -   Newbie question re: points (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues/249940-newbie-question-re-points.html)

cls1989 01-06-2012 10:26 PM

Newbie question re: points

Hey Guys, I'm just starting weight watchers as part of a new years resolution, I've collected the books from friends and family rather than actually joining (if you could see my student loans payments you'd understand lol). Anyways I've been getting a lot of conflicting advice but my big question is...do I have to eat all of my daily points? I'm finding it really difficult to do and I don't really understand sitting and eating at night just to finish off my points, some people are telling me yes others no. Could someone please tell me for sure? thanks :)

luckygirl3 01-06-2012 10:40 PM

I joined today and they said you can change your value by up to 3 points in a week but can NOT go under 26 daily points.

cls1989 01-06-2012 10:42 PM

Thank you so much I've been sticking pretty close to that so that makes me feel better :)

duckyyellowfeet 01-06-2012 11:33 PM

It really depends on the WW points program you're using.
Older points systems allow you to "bank" points to use at a later time.

PointsPlus doesn't--you're really supposed to eat up to your daily points every day and you can't bank extras. I rarely make it, TBH, but I try and get as close as possible. I add calorie dense foods that are easily removed as I lose weight--- 1/2 an avacado instead of 1/4, 28 almonds in a salad, full-fat yogurt to be swapped for lower-fat, etc. As you lose weight, it becomes easier to make swaps to get your calories lower, for continued losses.

maxsassy 01-06-2012 11:51 PM

I am new to this also and why don't they want you to go under the 26 points a day? I eat till I am not hungry with the point but still some times have 10 left.

nicknjamie1 01-08-2012 09:57 PM

According to my leader no you don't have to eat all your points if your not hungry. And there are days that I eat all my points but others where I barely come close to eating my points.

Alki 01-30-2012 02:42 AM

I'm wondering about the 26 points too...I am using a WW based app, and according to the 'Plus' version, I am currently allotted only 23 points.

I usually don't eat all my points in a day (I'm just not hungry!) and I hardly ever use the weekly allowance points. Have not lost any more than the 5# since I started P90x 2 weeks ago...and my weight keeps bouncing inside that 5# mark.

*sigh*

Sheila53 03-05-2012 03:20 PM

Alki (used to live near Alki in Seattle), sometimes your weight will stall if you're not eating enough for your activity level. That happened to me before. It's a bit counterintuitive, but you might try eating more and seeing what happens. I just noticed your post was from January so maybe you've solved your problem.

Zemelle 03-14-2012 04:20 PM

I could eat 50 points a day! What are you ladies eating? I can't take anymore broccoli.

kireos 03-24-2012 12:51 AM

I started last Wed. and my leader said that as long as I was over 26 but under my daily points (mine is 44) its fine. Yesterday I hit barely under 44 just fine, but today, I barely made it to 30 and I'm not hungry. I say as long as your over 26 and under your daily points, you should be okay. :)