3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Food and Point Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues-23/)
-   -   Points Calculator (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues/249555-points-calculator.html)

mamasue61 01-02-2012 12:23 PM

Points Calculator

Most everything we eat is homemade so I need guidance in calculating points. I had a thing from WW that I got years ago but cannot find it. Can anybody give me a heads up on calculating points (I know you use calories, fat, and fiber to figure it out) Thanks in advance!;)

Koshka 01-06-2012 01:43 AM

Points are done differently now and based upon fat, carbs, protein, and fiber. However, we are not allowed to post the formula here.

fatmad 02-01-2012 09:32 PM

I don't know if you can buy a points calculator by itself at a meeting. If you have access to the website you can calculate them on the site. There is a recipe builder function, where you basically add up the points of all the ingredients, then divide by the portions. Quite handy .

sidrah 02-12-2012 06:07 PM

Yes, you can buy them at meetings. I think the price is ridiculously expensive. Even if you don't do the monthly plan, you can still download an app for free. It won't do the tracking and the full deal the website does, but there is a scanner/calculator you can get free.

blessedfly 03-24-2012 02:35 AM

WW Points

I'm new here so forgive me if this question has already been posted. Do you all think the old WW points plan is better than the new points plus.

DrivenByAmbition 03-24-2012 08:05 AM

Everything has changed. You will need to either join online or go to a meeting.

nancylmrn 03-24-2012 11:43 AM

blessedfly I still do the old plan simply because I am use to it and it works for me. I am just to lazy :o to recalculate all the foods I eat. Both plans work and it really is what you are most comfortable with imo

charliefan 04-21-2012 01:28 AM

There are also smart phone apps that can be had for free or a nominal fee.

Neicy0909 04-22-2012 11:40 AM

I think you can buy a points calculator on Amazon for a bit more then the price at a meeting they are under 20$ I paid 13(at meeting) for mine but that was last year :carrot:

hmtklein 04-23-2012 06:45 PM

So I was playing around with the points calculator and according to it my corona light is one point. I just don't get it. How come it doesn't take calories into consideration?

charliefan 04-29-2012 08:22 PM

hmtklein, is your bottle more than one serving?

fatmad 05-02-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmtklein (Post 4305544)
So I was playing around with the points calculator and according to it my corona light is one point. I just don't get it. How come it doesn't take calories into consideration?

There are exceptions for alcohol and sugar alcohols, and beer is generally 5 points, period. It may be 4 for you with a light beer, but check in with a leader. I was told all alcohol, 5 points, (a beer, a glass of wine or a shot)