3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Food and Point Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues-23/)
-   -   Frustrated w/ PointsPlus.. input appreciated. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues/235768-frustrated-w-pointsplus-input-appreciated.html)

Koshka 06-17-2011 05:57 PM

What Lovely said....

Divide the math out from the actual ingredients and and then enter into the calculator.

On the oils btw, your healthy oils will cost you 2 points so that isn't a lot and you can put it into your salad dressing for example or use to stir fry something. I usually use a low fat dressing but then add olive oil to it.

Generally it is considered that carbs are the least satiating of food. Protein is more satiating overall.

But, the big thing that is most important -- is that while you need to tweak what you are doing a bit (count points properly, meet your GHG) you are actually doing extremely well. I average about .8 pound of loss a week and I'm very happy at my progress. You are doing wonderfully.

JERZGERL 06-28-2011 10:24 AM

I switched back to momentum after four months of PP. On the 29pts I was just maintaining my weigh instead of loosing. Now with momentum I am loosing again on a weekly basis. If you need the old points calculator tried this:

http://www.calculatorcat.com/free_ca...lculator.phtml

girlsenberry 06-28-2011 11:30 AM

Thanks, Jerzgirl... but after tweaking my food (more veggies & oil, less carbs), and counting points properly based on the suggestions above, I'm starting to lose again. I love that calculatorcat site, isn't it awesome? :)

Tudor Rose 07-14-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlsenberry (Post 3895026)
but I know my body is capable considering that was my experience with Momentum.

But that's just it, you can't compare progress on Momentum to progress on PP. They are two totally different programs with a different way of calculating points and your body is going to respond differently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlsenberry (Post 3895026)
I haven't lost ANY weight in over 2 weeks and it's frustrating

I under that frustration, but 13 lbs in one month is a ton of weight to lose in four weeks. Your body needs time to readjust and catch up, so to speak, with the sudden drop. As someone else said, see it as a very positive thing that you haven't gained back the weight you lost due to sickness.

While losing weight fast is nice, it's not always the best thing for us. Especially in the long run.

proulxliu 07-17-2011 07:25 AM

I've been doing Points Plus since the beginning of March and have had a loss that waffels between 14 and 16 lbs. but I havn't really lost anything in well over a month. I've been going to the gym 4-5 times a week as well. I'm really getting discouraged. While I understand that I should be proud of what I have accomplished (and I am), My plan isn't to spend this much time and money not to get to my goal. I am consistently within my points allowences ect. The only thing that I'm not strictly adhering to is the oil thing. I do take a fish oil supplement as well as a flax seed oil supplement and considered them as substitutes, but could it make THAT much of a difference? Please advise.

Koshka 07-17-2011 12:56 PM

Remember to count the points in your fish oil and flax seed oil.

Also are you eating your weekly points? Your activity points? Not everyone can do that and consistently lose weight.

Big Mountain Mama 09-08-2011 09:00 PM

I am going to add a thought from my former WW leader in Colorado. He said we have fluffy weight that is fairly new - that we have only had a few years - and solid weight that we have owned for a very long time. The solid weight comes off slower. Be patient. Weight loss is a journey, not a sprint.

Laurabelle5 09-11-2011 09:46 AM

I'm right there with you. I did tradtitional momentum at the end of 2010 (for the 3rd time) and lost steadily, if not consistently. I think after 3.5 months, I'd lost 17 pounds. Then the switch to PP. (cue doom music)

I didn't like it. I didn't want to like it. I was mad at WW for screwing up something that worked for me. So I quit. And gained back the 17. Plus an additional 10. All in 6 months. Smart, eh?

So...I decided on 8/9 to do traditional WW again, using my old materials and what I know. And I'm losing again.

Our leader made a big deal about "how do you deal with change" and "how do you make adjustments" right before the big switcheroo. But I think that I'm pretty good with change -- I just know what worked for me.

So, I'm keeping my own paper tracker, my old points guide and an online calculator. It seems to be working for me. Good luck!!