WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 05-15-2011, 01:09 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 61"

I love the sara lee mini bagels for breakfast. I eat two of those with some spray butter and its 4 points (I think, I dont have my stuff in front of me). I also keep frozen easy to make veggies in the freezer all the time because if im ever making something like a WWsmart ones I'll make a bag of veggies and eat about a cup with my meal. it fills me up more.

good luck on your WW plan!
dj mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 180/159/169

Height: 5'6.5''

Bread's - Oroweat Sandwich Thins Multigrain
Bagels - Found nothing worthwhile
Rice (any of the quick micro packets a good choice?)- Brown rice,ww serving
Oatmeal (are any low points that come in a packet?)
Cream Cheese- Any fat-free,if I have too
Yogurts - Fage 0%, a staple for me
Cereals- Multigrain Cheerios
Salad Dressing - Newman's Own Honey Mustard,Light
Marinades- same as above
Jelly- pretty low on ww
Frozen Meals (for when I do not have time to cook) - Smart Ones
Dessert products- Dove Dark chocolate singles;WW frozen desserts.

Have fun experimenting!
singing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:10 PM   #18  
Onederland Bound!

S/C/G: 254/Ticker/200

Height: 5'3

I might be in the minority here but I LOVE the Weight Watchers SmartOnes Frozen items that I've tried. Infact my freezer is stocked with their PotRoast dinners, Roasted Turkey & Mashed Potatoes dinners and their breakfast sandwiches.
SweetTreat80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 180/159/169

Height: 5'6.5''

Love their breakfast sandwiches too sweettreat80..tasty, filling and fast.
singing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:49 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopmom View Post
Hi,

I am new to WW. I am curious if people could share their favorite products. I am planning on shopping this weekend and want to be sure I have everything I need to get off to a good start. I would love some product brands for these items specifically since I know some can be better (taste and point wise) then others

Bread's
Bagels
Rice (any of the quick micro packets a good choice?)
Oatmeal (are any low points that come in a packet?)
Cream Cheese
Yogurts
Cereals
Salad Dressing
Butter
Marinades
Jelly
Frozen Meals (for when I do not have time to cook)
Dessert products
I like ezekiel (food for life) for most breads, tortillas, English muffins, etc. They're sprouted grain, and a bit more dense, but delicious and filling.

Brown rice is great. If you're rushing, there are the quick cooking rices, and Trader Joe's does a frozen brown rice.

Steel cut oats are great - you can even crockpot them.

Neufchatel cheese comes in store brand, so whatever is cheapest. I usually "soft cut" it into 16 1/2 oz blocks for measurement purposes.

For yogurt, I love 0% plain Chobani as a substitute for sour cream and my daughter likes to add in fruit and agave for sweetness for herself.

Cereal - I'm not huge on cereal sorry!

I like This site for recipes, especially the blue cheese, but if I'm in a pinch, I have Trader Joe's light champagne vinaigrette or wishbone olive oil balsamic vinaigrette.

I use a lot of olive oil, but will use butter if needed.

Trader Joe's sells a reduced sugar fruit spread that I use for my daughter's sandwiches - I just make sure it's made with real ingredients.

For frozen meals, Kashi is awesome, and so are the evol vegan burritos. It's also really easy (and cheap) to make your own frozen meals, just for those days when you're stuck.

I LOVE a frozen banana (make sure to peel, slice, then freeze in a baggie) zipped in the food processor with a 1/2 T of natural chunky peanut butter. It makes an awesome "ice cream."
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote