Activity points question

• I just did a 15 minute easy walking session. When I enter this into the online tracker this is worth 1 point. If I up that number to 30 minutes the point value stays the same but if I do another separate 15 minute walk I get another point for that.

Is this right? A 30 minute walk is worth 1 point but 2 15 minute walks are worth 2?
  • I guess it depends on your weight. For me (196.8 pounds) if I put in 30 minutes for a 30 min walk it is 20 points. For me it goes to 2 points at 24 minutes.

It is true that for me a 23 min walk is 1 point but if I did a 12 minute walk and an 11 minute walk separately that would be 2 points. I don't think there is much they can do about then since each activity has to have a time range for it and there is always that point where 1 more minute gets you another point.

Personally I think it is very easy to overestimate activity points so I would combine all of a single activity in a single day into 1 entry. So if I did 2 walks on the same day I would enter the minutes for 1 walk for the combined amount.
  • Quote: I guess it depends on your weight. For me (196.8 pounds) if I put in 30 minutes for a 30 min walk it is 20 points. For me it goes to 2 points at 24 minutes.

It is true that for me a 23 min walk is 1 point but if I did a 12 minute walk and an 11 minute walk separately that would be 2 points. I don't think there is much they can do about then since each activity has to have a time range for it and there is always that point where 1 more minute gets you another point.

Personally I think it is very easy to overestimate activity points so I would combine all of a single activity in a single day into 1 entry. So if I did 2 walks on the same day I would enter the minutes for 1 walk for the combined amount.
    Yes, I agree and that's what I did. I figure it's better to underestimate exercise and over estimate points. Turns out foods will work the same way. For example a 1 cup serving of the Progresso Light soup is 0 but if you eat 2 cups then the point total is 1.5 (or it was before Points +)
  • i thought you had to do an activity for 10 min to get any points? so i thought that if you did it for 15 then it only counted it as 10? dunno.
  • Let's say that 15 minutes is really worth .7. They're going to round that up to 1. So if you do the two 15 minutes separately then you'll get two points, but if you do it together, it's really only 1.4, which they'll round down to 2.

Personally, I just do my exercise, and record it. I don't "eat my AP" (so it doesn't matter that I think their numbers are off) - what's important is the doing. The points, while important, are less important then the activity itself.

If you/somebody "need" the AP to trade for food points, I would tend to add to the entry, rather than doing the entries separately. Better safe than sorry, eh?

Deborah