3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Food and Point Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues-23/)
-   -   Question on points for my bread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues/213652-question-points-my-bread.html)

veggiemama 09-29-2010 09:58 PM

Question on points for my bread

So I looove my Milton's Plus bread/toast (4 gm fiber) When looking up in my book, it says one high fiber bread (3 gm of fiber or more) is 1 point. When I calculate on my points calculator, it comes out to 2. Which one is it? :?:

Tuca125 09-29-2010 10:04 PM

What are the calories in it.

I always use the points from my calculators if the food has the calories, fat and fiber. It is more acurete.

veggiemama 09-29-2010 10:16 PM

Ah dang, I was hoping I would get a "definitely 1" :)

The calories are 120, fat 1, and fiber 4.

Interestingly, if I put calories at 110, it comes to 1 point. Guess I might just have to shave a little of that Earth Balance spread off for the 10 cals and go with 1. :D

BigDaddy 09-29-2010 11:58 PM

I'd go with 1.5, but then I do half points when I figure.

QuilterInVA 09-30-2010 06:48 PM

Doesn't matter if you count it as 1 or 2 points - your body says its 120 calories that have to be burned off.

maggiemay1969 09-30-2010 10:10 PM

Yep, I found a GREAT bread that I have fallen in love with, so good and very filling/healthy, called "Dave's Killer Bread"....so much better than those tiny/skinny 70 cal sara lee slices....Yes, the good bread is like 2 pts each but SO worth it....One piece of that is way better for me and much more satisfying than the 'skinny' bread....If something is close on points, I always err on the side of the higher points to be certain and not feel like I am 'cheating'...As for 1/2 points, that just makes it a little more complicated than it needs to be I think, so I don't usually do that...Good Luck with it!...

maggiemay1969 09-30-2010 10:11 PM

Oh, and if you have the information/food label, ALWAYS ALWAYS use it to calculate...You don't want to be having that bread every day and going over your points and being disappointed with your weight loss possibly due to that....

Jelbellesmommy 10-05-2010 05:59 PM

I always go off what the package says and use the calculator.....the book is in general unless you get the Food Compainion and find your exact product. Shave those 10 calories by leaving a bit on your plate

veggiemama 10-05-2010 11:04 PM

OK, so I will go with the package info and count it as 2 or leave a bit on the plate and count it as 1. :)

I found my favorite spread in the whipped variety is 1 point instead of 2 in the regular, so that is helpful in the toast department too.

Good bread is definitely worth it. :)