WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 06-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #1  
almost halfway to goal!

S/C/G: 150/139/120

Height: 5'4"

Default Not sure how to calculate this...

So, Im in the midst of grilling some chicken to make a wonderful sandwich when I realize something. There's more than one way to calculate points.

Looking in my ww book, it tells me that a grilled chicken sandwich is 7 pts, but if i break it down, (chicken 3, 2 slice bread 4, light mozza cheese 2, veggies 0),then it's 9 points, not even including if i were to put sauce on it.

Im feeling a little lost here!

Same thing happens to me when I go out to eat, and the calorie and fat count on what I eat is one thing, but I often eat salads w/o dressing or no condiments such as mayo on sandwiches. What would anyone suggest for that?
vesperpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/239/~110 - 120

Height: 5'0"

I think you go with your 9 points. The book may not have the cheese on it. It is probably just a plain grilled chicken breast on bread, with lettuce and tomato.

Now I don't have the book mind you, thats just what I would guess.
mizb1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

I would go with the 9 pts - since you have measured and weighed everything out, vs a generic average of chicken sandwiches, your own calculations are more accurate.

As for the eating out, I would go with the higher point value, unless all you are eating is sald with no sides. The point values for restaurants are there, but may also not always be accurate - you never know if you have a heavy handed chef who added a bit of extra oil, or didn't measure an ingredient just right. I always go higher on restaurant numbers so it doesn't come back to haunt me.
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/seeticker/200

Height: 5'8"

I was told that you should only use the books if you don't have the nutritional content available. If you have the nutritional content, that supersedes the books.
wwmandy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmandy327 View Post
I was told that you should only use the books if you don't have the nutritional content available. If you have the nutritional content, that supersedes the books.
Exactly how I do it, so I'd go with your 9 point calculation.
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/181/145

Height: 5'3"

I agree with what the last poster put. They might be using different brands that has different nutritional information
ducktape54 is offline   Reply With Quote