WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 06-07-2010, 07:34 PM   #1  

Red face Weight Watchers Points Questions

I have just recently started WW's - My point limit per day is 21.
I am finding that almost impossible to do, and am very disappointed when I go to journal for the last time during the day, and see that I am over by 1 or 2 points. I do fine at home with all my foods that I've bought specifically for me, but as soon as I go out or eat "normally", like with guests here, it all falls apart. I also am extremely bloated and am not having very regular bowel movements (sorry if that's TMI) - Any suggestions for a fiber supplement or something to help with that? Any help you all could give me would be so appreciated!
Teeny Tiny Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Do you use your weekly points? You get 35 weekly points and you can also earn activity points! I get 24 daily points, but I usually go over by 2-3, sometimes 4 points. Last week, I used 25 of my 35 weekly points and still lost 1.8lbs. If you know you're going out to dinner, you can save up weekly points and use the majority of them at the meal out.

They're there for you to use them, so I say take advantage of them!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/seeticker/200

Height: 5'8"

Are you eating filling foods? I'm sure you've seen the WW examples of how to get the most bang for your buck e.g. you could eat 2 pieces of toast for 4 points or 2 pieces of the WW toast for 2 points etc etc. Substitutions definitely help me.

As for bowel movements, I've heard really good things about Miralax but I don't currently use any such products.
wwmandy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 227/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'7

Try Benefiber and/or MiraLax. And like foxxy said, you always have your 35 weekly points to allow yourself to go over but 1-2 points a day..
kaylamparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #5  
long journey

S/C/G: 222/197/155

Height: 5' 7''

going over 1 0r 2 points is not really going over as other posters have said...because of t eh e xtra 35 points you have in teh bank so to speak. In terms of t he "other" problem, not sure if they have in your area but, All Bran Bran Flakes or Bran buds which you could add to your other cereal can do wonders, and fill up your tummy, and be good for you.
ifatfirstwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:29 PM   #6  
going somewhere....

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/125

Height: 5'2

Default for both....

Problems, try to eat more foods with fiber Also drink LOTS OF WATER Don't forget your good oil/fat, it really is important for the bowels.

Orowheat has a great Double fiber bread, fiber one muffins taste really good, double fiber english muffins.....

These will all help you stay in your points range and help with the restroom.

Really try to get in your fruits and veggies, that is something you can always do when you eat out. Ask for steamed veggies as a substitute.

And yep you get your 35 weekly points, and many people mention that the weeks they use them they loose more weight. So don't fret you are doing great and becoming aware of what you are putting into your body
ready4skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:29 PM   #7  

You also should be planning your meals before you eat them so that you know if you are within your points or not. I did my meals for the week on Friday so no surprises this week.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

21 points is HARD!!! Well, for me at least. So I know what you're saying. What I did to cut down points is take a good hard look at where my big ticket items were at, and figure out a way to cut them out or cut them down somehow.

For example, I was having a piece of high-fiber toast in the morning that was 2 points per slice. I started cutting it in half, because half still satisfied me, and I saved a point!

~BreathingSpace~

Last edited by BreathingSpace; 08-26-2010 at 02:08 PM.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 254/245/170

I eat Fibre1 granola bars, I love them and they give me lots of fibre.... and water works too....
kikican is offline   Reply With Quote