WW Smartones

• I like buying frozen meals for convenience, but I always bought Lean Cuisines because aside from a few, I just don't care for WW Smartones. I was at Target today though and noticed that WW has a few new options. I bought cheeseburgers and these chicken ranchero wrap things.
    I Havent tried the cheeseburgers but the wraps were really good...just a tad spicy.

Anyone have any favorites?
  • i love love LOOOVE the breakfast sandwich!!! the one that is just egg and cheese (i don't care for the one that has ham...it has kind of a weird consistency). they are SO great in the morning. not too many calories and a decent amount of protein. i also like the Smart Ones pizza...hits the spot when i'm craving my all time favorite! :-)
  • i really like the santa fe chicken pizza soo good!
  • I'm like you; I have preferred Lean Cuisine over Smart Ones. I'll check them out, though, next time I'm at the store.
  • Maybe I am weird, but I like some of the SmartOnes things... The only ones I really eat on a regular basis though are Angel Hair Marinara and Thai Style Peanut Chicken. Mmm...

The rest... meh, not so much.
  • Those frozen entrees have way too much sodium and not enough protein to be eaten regularly. I have them maybe twice a month if I'm short on time at dinner.
  • So jealous. Damn living in New Zealand :P
  • the smartones used to be TERRIBLE and i mean terrible..but that was years ago. because they used to be so nast i stayed away from them for a lonnggg time. i grew a love for the L.C. i got sick of eating the same ones all the time, tho. i, too, saw that WW had gotten some new smartones and over the last year or so i have found some that i like.

the pizzas and potatoes with broc and cheese have always been my faves, tho. they have all come a long way, imo!! ate one tonight, as a matter of fact lol
  • *edit "nasty" not "nast"
  • I have tried them in the past and didn't care for them. Like others, I found LC to be the better product. But recently I've come to the conclusion that for the amount of food I get from these, plus the sodium (one meal typically provides at least a quarter of recommended intake), I can make myself something that will fill me more and be more nutritious.

For example, for lunch last week I made a sandwich out of a whole wheat bagel thin, cucumber and dill hummus, sliced turkey, ff sharp cheddar slice, lettuce and tomato - so filling, yummy and only 5 points! Way more satisfying than a frozen meal.

Today for breakfast, I made a breakfast sandwich: toasted whole wheat bagel thin with ff sharp cheddar slice, southwestern egg beaters and a morningstar farms sausage patty - again, just 5 points!
  • I've always preferred the Lean Cuisines to Smart Ones, too. But the Smart Ones Five Cheese Ziti is my favorite... quite cheesy. For those who are fans, Target has Smart Ones entrees on sale this week 4/$8.
  • Hi,

I'm new here and I'm glad i found this site...
    I must say I prefer the Smart Ones too, I like the flavor better than LC, but I buy both. However I agree with Litchick: lots of sodium!

I like the Thai Chicken, the enchiladas, the breakfast sandwiches, lasagna florentine and mini pizzas.
  • i've only tried a few of the smart ones. i have calculated the other frozen brands into points. but like you guys said...waaay too much sodium to be eaten on a regular basis. but in a pinch they are good. always keep some in freezer at home and at office just in case (will have to try that egg and cheese breakfast sandwich)
  • My favorite Smart Ones are the Fiesta Quesadillas and the Mini Pizzas.