how much is 2 oz of pasta?

• how many points in 1c. of pasta before its cooked? or how many cups is 2 oz?
  • 2 OZ of pasta is 1 cup. I have measured it. Im not sure on the points because I am a calorie counter, but it is about 200 calories.
  • thanks for shedding light on that because ive been wondering about that too ... the package says 2 oz is a serving so im like .... is that 1/4 cup .... no it cant be ! lolz

ive drove myself nuts how could this be??? lolz im a little dramatic i know :P
  • 2 oz is not necessarily one cup. it depends on the shape of the pasta.
    All pastas, grains, rice, and items of that nature should be weighed (not volume measured, i.e., 'cup') BEFORE they're cooked because depending on the shape and makeup, they each absorb different amounts of water.

Look at the difference (dry) between 2 oz of ziti compared w/ two ounces of ditalini; or elbows, or rice -- and compare brown rice 2 oz to white rice; compare arborio and long grain.

Measure by weight before you cook; not by volume, after you cook.
  • oh yeah, that's true, I measure the thin spaghetti type noodles. weighed 2 oz, then cooked them and it made a cup of pasta. sorry, i didn't even think about the different kinds of pasta
  • I weigh all my pasta, potatoes, rice, etc because I get more bang for my buck that way. I am also the world's worst measurer and what was once 1 cup becomes 1.5 or worse. Measuring is fool proof and when I take my pasta and tell my scale what kind it is (I have the WW scale) it tells me my points value for my pasta, potato, rice, etc. I LOVE IT! My life is soooo much easier. No more having to have the points calculator in the kitchen!!!