WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 05-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/206/199(first goal)

Height: 5 '7"

Default What kind of Pasta should I buy??

Hello everyone!Happy Friday!!

I am heading out to the store tonight and was thinking about buying some pasta.What pasta's do you think taste the best and have the lowest points?
Baby Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

My WW leader talked to me about Dreamfields pasta, I really like it since the taste is almost similar to regular pasta. Also it has 65% lower glycemic index than regular pasta.
Renacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I am not a weight watcher, but am totally addicted to FiberGourmet pasta. OK, so you can only find it online, which is a pain. BUT...it has 130 calories per serving instead of the 200 of regular or whole wheat pasta, and is only 2 pts per serving. And it tastes REALLY good (like regular pasta), has a low glycemic index, and has a ton of fiber.

I know I sound like a spokesperson, I am just in love with this stuff because it lets me bring pasta back into my life on a regular basis without blowing my calories out of the water.

http://www.fibergourmet.com/Default.aspx
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #4  
Working My Way Back Down

Oh that looks good! And I like the lower calorie count. I'm a person who could eat pasta for every meal.

I usually buy Barilla Plus, which has high fiber and protein, but still about 200 calories. I get annoyed though that my store only carries the spaghetti, penne and rotini when I see on the website that they also have angel hair (which my store occasionally has) elbows and bow ties!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote