Old 12-01-2006, 03:02 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Friday!

Just a quick fly by to see how everyone is doing... all is well here, the scale is not moving at all so I guess that is Thanksgiving and a birthday celebration catching up with me... oh well!

It is super windy and cold here today... I guess the snow missed us but it is sure cold enough for it.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Susan
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:09 PM   #17  
Queen of the Fresh Start

We're looking at 10 inches of snow! It's pretty but a real pain in the arse. Stayed home from work today, as the worst of it was during a.m. rush hour. Too stressful to drive in that and I'm reaching a point where I simply don't do stress, if it's avoidable. Life is too short. So I told my boss I needed a "mental health day".

Susan, if you can maintain at this time of year, that's great!

Dianne, HAVE FUN! I'm sure Alana will be a beautiful bride. Love to you all.

At least it's a cozy night. We're going to light a fire and watch a Christmas movie.

later,
~Jen
Jenny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:59 PM   #18  
Queen of the Fresh Start

The biggest issue I had with the snow, I forgot to mention!
We had tickets for an Aaron Neville concert last night (whom I absolutely LOVE!) and it was cancelled due to the snowstorm. We're waiting to hear if it'll be rescheduled. I've been holding these tickets since July and we had first row seats

I've been up since 3:30 this morning...once I wake up and start thinking/worrying about eveything, I can't go back to sleep. Joe and I had a super productive day decorating, cleaning, etc., etc. I'm pooped!
But the house looks beautiful. We're hosting Christmas this year....24 people in all, in our small house. I used to host it every year, now only have it every 3rd year, and somehow that makes it even worse

gotta run,
later!
~Jen
Old 12-03-2006, 11:37 AM   #19  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

Jenny I hope your concert gets rescheduled.

Today is WI day for me (last one at home...starting meetings tomorrow). I didn't gain but I didn't loose anything either. Hopefully next week will be a better week.
CarebearsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #20  

Chris,
I am so sorry about Mike. That is so sad. He worried about his wife. How noble and romantic. I am so glad she has friends. How old was he?
Congrats on meeting your goals. That is awesome!!!!!!

Dianne,
Hope the day was beautiful for you. Keep us posted and with pics.

Jen,
Sorry about the concert. Tha really sucks.
I hope they reschedule.

Susan,
Your weight will start coming off again. You sound determined.

We are almost ready for our Christma (Dec. 16). We pretend that that is Christmas Day. We are always surprised places are open because we forget that it isn't Dec.25.

TTYL,
Terri
points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:18 PM   #21  
A matter of time

Terri,
Mike was 57 and his wife is 62. Too young to die. I have heard of more and more causes of cancer lately. I don't know if it is because we are older or if there is indeed a rise in cancer.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:13 AM   #22  

Default Happy Monday!

Brrrrrr! It is 12 degress here this morning.... I am so cold here at my desk even with my space heater I am freezing! W/I was ok... I stayed the same so I will take it and try a bit harder this week.

Terri: Best wishes for a very happy holiday on the 16th!

Jenny: The snow missed us down here but you guys just got smacked by it! I agree about staying home and the stress not being worth it... I don't do stress well at all anymore! Last year we got a storm during the day, I was at work and we all left at about 3 PM, well the rest of the city all headed home at 3 PM that day and the storm came in way worse then expected and I have vowed since then that I will not do it again. I live about 10 to 15 minutes from where I work depending on traffic, etc. But that day it took me over 5 hours to get home... I was a mess by the time I walked in the front door and called off sick the next day my stomach was in such bad shape... never ever again. I will leave earlier or just not go in at all... I am just too old to deal with that crap anymore...

Chris: How are you doing?

All: Best wishes for a very happy day!
Susan
Old 12-04-2006, 09:33 AM   #23  
A matter of time

Thanks for asking, Susan.

I am doing real well. I made up my mind that I would go to the meetings starting today. I signed up for the monthly pass online and wow. I am loving etools...the recipe builder is great. Now I wish I had done this sooner.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:43 PM   #24  

Hi everyone:

It's ATW (after the wedding), lol. Everything went great, the ceremony was so beautiful and Alana and Sal were so happy, they were glowing all day long . The reception was great - everything was just perfect. Alana looked like a princess - I will send photos asap. - it was great. Willie and Alana danced to a song that went like this "As I dance the last dance with my little girl". Then they surprised us - after the daddy/daughter dance, they danced to salsa together - so appropriate too, since they've been dancing together all of Alana's life - it was so sweet. We took them to the airport early yesterday morning for their Barbados honeymoon - I know they'll have a great time.

Today is my birthday and it was very quiet. Yesterday, everyone planned to take me out to dinner, but I begged off - I was exhausted. Today we took Steven to the airport, my grandson Andrew back home, the tuxedos back to the place and then willie and I went to a quiet dinner just the two of us. Then we went to Lisa's house to watch a video of the wedding and they had a cake for me. I am sooooo glad I took today and tomorrow off - I will relax tomorrow before going back to work.

Hope everyone is well and I'll talk to you's soon.

Last edited by decemberdianne; 12-04-2006 at 10:52 PM.
decemberdianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:10 AM   #25  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Happy belated Birthday, Dianne!

I'm glad to hear the wedding was wonderful. Relax and enjoy your day off!
luv,
~Jen
Old 12-05-2006, 08:08 AM   #26  
A matter of time

Happy Birthday Dianne. Sounds like some much needed rest time. Glad everything went well.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:54 AM   #27  

Happy Birthday Dianne! It sounds like you need a really long nice nap! I know I would after going thru that! Best wishes for a quiet day off.

All: Nothing new here just another cold day!

I have to run but will check back later on.

Susan
Old 12-08-2006, 09:19 AM   #28  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANNE!!!!!!
I am so glad everything went as planned. How wonderful!!!! REST!

Be back later.
Terri
points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:11 PM   #29  
A matter of time

I am now doing 2 WIs a week. I decided to continue my at home WIs while doing the meetings. This will show me my total loss and I will be on track with it should I stop doing meetings again. I lost 3 pounds today, making a grand total of 37 pounds forever gone. And I am 1/2 way to my New Year's Goal
Old 12-11-2006, 09:16 AM   #30  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Chris,
What a great job you're doing! Congrats on the loss It's especially difficult at this time of year; it sounds as though you're focused and determined.

have a great day,~Jen