Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 09:35 AM   #16  
Net browser

GLENDA.........all the mail I send you is coming back, is anybody else having trouble with Glenda's email????? Sally
Old 12-01-2006, 03:07 PM   #17  
Web Nana

I have not had any problems with Glenda's mail! Hope you can get it straightened out, Slavika.
I have not posted here for a while. My knee has been giving me fits and starts. I think it is arthritis. DH has it in his right knee and I have it in my left knee. We make a good pair. It is sore walking for any length of time and very stiff after sitting. Oh, well complaining won't make it better so I guess I will just shuffle along. Gloria
Old 12-01-2006, 05:17 PM   #18  

G'day all,

Firstly Ann, I haven't ignored your requests for an email to be sent to you but I have now been without my own computer for almost a fortnight . I should get it back today I hope.
I have been making do with dh's computer and my laptop but of course all the files I want to access are on my own computer.
It has been VERY frustrating to say the least.
On a brighter note we decided during the time my computer was gone to rip up the carpet and install a 'floating' wooden floor in the computer room. We spend so much time in there and the cream carpet that was there looked revolting in no time at all.
A major excercise to move everything out but that has all been done the floor has been laid and today I hope to start moving and sorting all the 'STUFF ' that is stored in our computer room as well as picking up my now fixed computer
Of course I will then have to spend a few days putting all my programs etc. back on but it will be nice to do it in my 'new' computer room where I will be able to scoot around on my chair with no problems at all, and the stained carpet will not be staring me in the face telling me to get it cleaned!

I have been receiving emails from Glenda, so cannot quite understand what is up with your email Slavika. All very annoying especially as these sort of things seem to happen out of the blue

Our daughter and Saskia are arriving next Sunday for a 2 week stay so I hope to get the house ship shape before she gets here.

I must fly and get on with things, it has been very hot which has not helped the situation or our tempers

Take care all,

Cheers
Maria
Old 12-08-2006, 01:11 PM   #19  

Thumbs up

hI ALL,
hAVEN'T BEEN on the computer as I have company from Up North and I've been running around.
Saw 3 plays this week and actually cooked 2 dinners.
Ann, Add yahoo.com to the part you know and you've got it.
Weather turned cold after 80 degrees last week-great sleeping weather-too bad I don't do that well.
Have laundry to do-catch ya all later.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:35 PM   #20  
Fun Blonde

I hadn't been here in just forever. Slavika, didn't know you were having problems getting me, unless it was the time my mailbox was full and we weren't at work. Everything okay now?

Ann, you have my email address now? Funny how those computer problems rear their ugly head at the same time for several people. Trudy too was having problems.

We have been in the deep freeze here for over a week and I am so tired of it! We couldn't even get out of the driveway for two days. On Thursday I didn't get out of my pajamas. Then on Friday we painted our bedroom a light blue, but by Saturday I was just crazy to get out. So, we did and went to see a movie. It was wonderful.

This has been a totally crazy week. Glad to see it go.
Glenda
Old 12-10-2006, 05:38 PM   #21  

Well Glenda, Don't want to gloat but we are in the 70's after a few cold days and it's just delightful. I also wanted to stay home but it's because my company left yesterday and I had to clean the house as I have a busy week coming up.
Tired of eating out so a chicken is roasting in the oven and I will throw some potatoes in and make a salad and some sugar free choc pudding and viola- Dinner!
Old 12-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #22  

All of you with that nice warm weather-I feel for you. We had a big ice storm the other morning that was a surprise. Traffic was a disaster. Even a big old school bus got stuck on the hill in front. I just bet you warm people miss all that. LOL
I went to Brown County last weekend with my WW friends. There were 18 of us. Friday at the outlet mall was brutal. It was soooo cold and windy. I was glad to get to the house. We had fun in the evening. I took a Christmas quiz along that I thought was sort of easy-just had a lot of questions. 106. They didn't think it was so easy. 2 friends and I were in charge of taking the breakfast food. We had lots of fruit, coffee cakes and made 2 big breakfast casseroles. Sat we spent in town. I love that little town. We had to find a $5 gift for an exchange that evening. Sort of hard to do but you can always come up with something. It was a fun weekend and nice to be away. We are always thankful that it doesn't snow or ice since our house is way out on some backroads. We saw a cute sweatshirt on some lady and I opened my mouth and said I would teach them to make one. I was working on it today and simplifiying it as much as possible. It is a grandma shirt. The hardest part so far is trying to find a plain white sweatshirt. Took me all week and lots of stores to find one.
I am almost finished with Christmas shopping. Hurray!!!!!
Maria glad youl like your new floor. They are nice and easy to care for. Are your dd and gd there now?
What is new with all of you?
Peggy
Old 12-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #23  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Karen L.........What da ya mean frozen north? I live in Minnesota and yesterday and today was down right balmy, I just about put my shorts on, tee hee! It's been in the 40's, can you believe that? In December?
Old 12-11-2006, 09:22 AM   #24  
Web Nana

Good Morning:

I'm in the midst of a Laundry day and I'm waiting for the washer to stop and the dryer to ding! What fun!

Thought I would say Hello and Lo and Behold I had to sign in again. It's a good thing I have a list of my passwords for various sites so it was easy but i wonder why that has happened? Oh, well, it is taken care of!

It is warmish today and it was the same yesterday....does this mean we will suffer after the 1st of the year? Ugh!

Got the house decorated so all I have left is some baking. Mostly cookies and brownies that I will give to the kids in the neighborhood. I made 60 of my Reindeer Dust envelopes and DH will distribute for a couple of days prior to Christmas Eve. If you forgot, they are small baggies with a tablespoon of Quaker Oats and a sprinkle of red sugar sprinkles and a little poem I print out on a small card and staple to the front. The poem reads "On Christmas Eve, Sprinkle this Magic Reindeer Food on your lawn. This Magic Glitter and the smell of oats will guide Rudolph to your home." The little card has a print of a reindeer with a large red bow. The kids love it. One year one of the fathers told my husband that after Christmas DH should come back and help clean up the reindeer poop!

Oops there does the dryer.

Gloria
Old 12-11-2006, 09:39 AM   #25  
Bobbi

Default Reindeer droppings?

That is the cutest idea, wish we lived in town. You sound like a very loving neighbor to all the kids!
Old 12-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #26  
Bobbi

Question Slow Thread?

Where is everybody?? I haven't posted for months on the 3 Fat Chicks site, just popped back in yesterday. Isn't there enough 50 - 60's to post or are you all going else where?
Old 12-13-2006, 10:21 AM   #27  
Net browser

Hi Everybody....I'm here BOBBOLINK I don't think I met you before, so a BIG hello and welcome to you. I have been busy cleaning 20 some odd years of junk out of our family room. I got rid of all the old furniture, and tons of odds and ends that just seem to grow every year. Since my grandchildren are getting bigger their Christmas wishes cost more, so I do not have to buy a pile of stuff like I used to. I still have to fill their HUGE Christmas stockings though. I have my Christmas tree up and it looks lovely. I bought a beauitful new angel for the tree top, "David's Angel" that's how I think of her. I am going to have Christmas Eve here like I have every year since my Mother died over 20 years ago and my son/dil will have Christmas Day. I leave for Maui on January 7th and return home March 18th. Apparently the condo's now have high speed internet and I will be taking my laptop with me, so I will still know what all you gals are up to. I won't be home for very long when Maria and her husband will be here. Both Trudy and I are looking forward to seeing them.
Today is the day I go out with my friend Irenie and I do have more gifts to buy. I really enjoy going to Curves and the time goes so quickly. Not much else is new, hope you are all well and will pop by again soon.

Last edited by slavika; 12-28-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:14 PM   #28  
Bobbi

Cool Where is everyone hiding?

Hi Slavika.............About 5 years ago I met a gal from VanCouver, British Colombia on another weight lose site. We became fast friends and communicate often, she sends me jokes 5 days out of 7. What part of Canada are you from? I live out in the country on an acreage in Southern Minnesota and we have almost balmy weather, it's suppose to get in the 50's tomorrow. BooHoo, My hubby and I love to cross country ski and we really miss the snow. I know what you mean about stuff growing in basements. We have 41 years of stuff to get rid of. I tried selling some of it on E-bay but it's too much work. We have two grandsons, Damian is 14 and Lukas is 9 and we used to buy them lots of toys, etc. But now we buy them each one very expensive gift and call it quits. I joined curves and loved it but had to quit when the roads started getting icy. (This was last year) Plus the cost of gas is so expensive and it's a 25 mile round trip for me. I see it's past 3:00, I'm missing Dr Phil. Nice talking to you.

Bobbi
Old 12-16-2006, 05:19 PM   #29  

G'day everyone,

I haven't been here for what seems a very long time.
The last month or so have just been so hectic and at the moment not much spare time with daughter and grand daughter here.
Saskia is very sweet but doesn't sleep much, daughter is getting very tired and says it is because she doesn't like the cot I got!!!
Because Saskia is so unsettled it is testing everyone, dd has decided she will try and get an earlier flight home, Wednesday instead of the booked flight on Friday. Her dh is also missing them heaps and cannot wait for them to get home again.

In between time I am trying to get some work done for clients

We will be having a VERY quite Christmas, I am really pleased. I really don't feel I can cope with many for Christmas lunch.

I hope all of you with the flu are getting lots better. We are having some beautiful days not so hot as we have had.

Bobbi
I don't think I have met you before either so welcome to our group. We normally post a bit more frequent then what we have done lately, it is a busy time of the year.

Stay happy and well,

Cheers
Maria
Old 12-16-2006, 06:39 PM   #30  
Bobbi

Default Hi!

I haven't bother to check this site lately because nobody is ever here. I think it should be renamed the "Lonely Heart Club". I'm signed up for e-mail whenever someone post where I've posted. That's the only reason I knew someone posted, thanks for the welcome. I guess we need to get an interesting conversation going for the 50's & 60's. Maybe a new Valentine Day's challenge. How many people would be interested? I think I'll post a new challenge on a new post.

Bobbi
Closed Thread