Old 11-27-2006, 01:11 PM   #106  

Hi girls!!

We are home after a long trip on the road. I am not a fan of driving 12 hours in a car with a bunch of tired kids.

I haven't even tried to weigh my self. I can't bring myself to do it. I have been so swollen. My fingers have that sausage look, and I think I have permanant sock marks around my ankles. UGH.

DH is gone for four days to Texas. I am home with the kids. I am trying to do my shopping but with them looking over my shoulder, it is difficult. I am going to clean my living room and get the decorations out for the kids to put up the tree. Wish me luck.

Glad everyone is doing well. I will post more later.
Mom4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:30 PM   #107  
Susan

Hi,

Dee, you should have let DH stay home and you come to Texas!!!! We could have played! Your 12 hour trip doesn't sound fun. Glad ya'll are home safe.
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:14 PM   #108  

Dee, 12 hours is a long drive. I'd be tired too. I know those sock marks on the ankles!! Did you get the tree up?

I'm home today with stupid cramps. I was off yesterday for a doctor's appointment, so I was supposed to go today. Oh well.

I need to run to the dollar store and get some more garland for the tree. I want to rearrange what is on there and put some more on.

I go to school tomorrow, then right after school I head for Ball State. There is a band concert tomorrow night, and I have a room reserved at the Best Western. Bob has a meeting so he can't go, and I didn't want to drive back that late by myself. I don't know if I've ever stayed in a hotel by myself! I just realized that. A new experience! Now I'm scaring myself.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:27 PM   #109  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, keep all your locks locked at that motel/hotel.
Once when David was 8 or 9, he and I had a lay-over in Denver because of bad weather. We were so worn out, I don't think it dawned on me to be afraid.
You will be fine. Have a great time. Hopefully, you'll feel good by then.

How is everyone doing?????
Dee, glad you're back home!
Susan, we're supposed to get that cold weather on Thursday night.
Maureen, how are you doing on your skates?
Sis, where are you???????
Mimi, we miss you.
I need to stay on my treadmill for a whole day, not getting off. I need to drink so much water that I'll get rid of some of this Turkey Day weight.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:42 PM   #110  

LOL! I never get to play. Going to Ohio in Jan., is the first thing I will do alone since, I can't remeber when. DH is always traveling.

I did alot of shopping yesterday/today. I still have a bunch to do. I have one kid that is super easy to shop for, one that asked for just a couple of things...impossible things...UGH. The other two gave me nice long lists. The older they get the more expensive they get.

I am ordering Chinese for dinner. I am ordering Veggie delight. I know, it's super bad for me. Blah blah blah, DH is gone, the kids are onery and one of my kids (6th grader, again) has two projects due this week. What are they thinking? They are a team, can't they discuss projects and schedule them out?

I am mentally exhausted. I am also tired of hating my body and worrying about what I can eat. I am tired of being consumed by food all day. Anyone felt this way?
Old 11-28-2006, 08:44 PM   #111  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Hey, I think Chinese food is very healthy. we had some for lunch today.
Husband had a few days of vacation and so he took Mon.-Wed.
We've been shopping, too.

Dee, I know exactly what you're saying and how you feel. You aren't the only one, girl! Sometimes I think that the only thing I think about is losing weight, or not losing weight. I get to thinking that I'm not enjoying my days enough because I'm thinking that I'm not thin enough OR I'm thinking that I'll buy me something to wear when I lose a little more.
So, this week, I'm going out and buy me something to wear no matter how much I gained over the holidays. So There!

Old 11-28-2006, 09:33 PM   #112  
Susan

Hi,
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that obsesses about my food, weight, not losing, etc.... Pat says I obsess about food and that's all I think about. True!!!!

I'm frustrated because I can't seem to lose even exercising. the dieticiain hasn't really been much help. Another personal trainer was talking to me last night, he suggested that I eat protein for breakfast, a grain, milk and possibliy a fruit. He said "eat all colored veggies at lunch time or before lunch." Then at dinner only green leafy vegges and my meat. I'm like I just want something that will work!!!

Tina, they are talking like it's reallly going to storm here Thursday. It's supppose to be 32 for a high. (Now let's see if it's gonna happen)

I think I'm to hed, I can't keep my eyes open.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:10 PM   #113  
Thursday Lady

I can't believe it---we actually put up our Christmas lights today. We never put them up this early, if we put them up at all.
We bought the icicle kind that dangle and twinkle. They look so good.

I've stayed OP today. I now have to lose the Turkey weight before losing the rest. Isn't it always something!

Hope everyone is doing good.
Tammy, I hope your cramps are all gone. Have fun at the game!!!

Old 11-29-2006, 06:11 PM   #114  

I am dying for DH to get home. I can't wait to break the news to him that our 4yo wants him to put up lights outside. He hates doing lights, so much, he hasn't put them up in years. LOL.

Sadly, once we get to goal.....the obsessing will continue. Once you get to goal you can't change one thing or the weight will come back on like a slap in the face. UGH. It will never end.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:03 PM   #115  

I hardly slept at all at the hotel. I heard every little noise, and of course, it made me nervous. The concert was wonderful. They played all of the songs that they played during the football season plus some others. Afterwards Tim and I went out to eat. We just had a snack before the concert since we planned to go out afterwards. We had a nice visit.

Dee, my son is easy to buy for, but my hubby isn't. I think of things, but then I rethink them. I guess I'll think of something sometime. I like Chinese food. Wish I had some right now.

How is the weather in Texas for those who live there? I keep hearing that things are getting nasty there. We have had rain all day yesterday and today. I'm ready for it to stop, but I'm not sure I'm ready for snow. I can't be satisfied. lol

Bob leaves tomorrow for Tampa. He'll be back a week from Sunday. Now I jsut realized that I'll be here by myself. Usually when he goes, Tim is here. Hope Kramer can protect me.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:55 PM   #116  
Susan

I hope everyone had a good day. The weather here is WAY TO COLD!!!! BRRRRR!!!! We've had some ice, sleet and some snow. Not a bunch but enough....... It is 25 degrees and will get colder tonight.

I am trying really hard with staying on program. I wish I could be skinny as fast as I gained weight. Don't we all

I think I'm fighting an infection. I'm going to have my allergiest check it tomorrow. My one lymph node in my neck is swollen.... I just feel yuck!

My daddy's going to have to have prostrate surgery. He will be in the hospital for 5 days. Not sure when he is going to have it done.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:29 AM   #117  
Thursday Lady

It's time for the December thread.
Do not post here again.