Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2001, 04:29 PM   #16  

CONGRATULATIONS TINA!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS TINA!!!!!!

Retirement. One a nice word for such a special lady!!! You deserve it sweetie!!!! Now you can travel around the country and visit all of us and have tea parties!!!!!
Old 09-30-2001, 04:32 PM   #17  

I am computer illiterate. How can I get the size, font, and color to change at the same time???????
Old 09-30-2001, 09:39 PM   #18  
Susan

Here I am!!

I've been down with a bug! All week I've been a little run down. Wednesday night I was sooooo sick at my stomach and cold. Then Thurs. my head hurt, throat was scratchy, felt like a brick was sitting on my face, and just no energy. I've been that way all weekend too. I've been a major couch potato!!!

Way to go Tina!!!! How is retirement??? Wish we all closer so we could go celebrate with you!!!

I'm going to San Antonio on Wednesday - Sunday. Going to a Learning Disablities conference then staying to visit my folks and family. I'll have to make it to the Barn Door.

Nothing really taste good these days. Hopefully some weight will come off. I've deceided to start weighing at home instead of at WW. So, Ikeep you posted on my progress.

Hope everyone is doing great! and doesn't catch the bug.

Susan
Old 09-30-2001, 11:50 PM   #19  
Thursday Lady

Hello, hello, hello

Thank you for all your great wishes.
Tammy, I would love to come visit everyone.
Speaking of tea parties, the church bought me a fantastic tea pot with the cream and sugar. This is a big tea pot w/red roosters all over it. Very different--it was made in Italy.

Tammy, I have not idea how this color, font, etc. works.

Susan, I'm so sorry you've been sick. It sounds like you've had a rough time. I hope you are up to going to San Antonio. Eat a big salad at the Barn Door for all of us.

Dee, did you make it all the way through the weekend OP?

Laura, did you get all the smoke smell out of your clothes. Yuk.

My retirement party was great. Lots of people came. The guy secretary gave me a very large arrangement of flowers--there must be 8 different kinds in it. He wrote me a long letter about how much I meant to him. I had a good cry.

Okay group, I'll think about y'all hard at work tomorrow while I drink my tea and swing in my hammock.

Tina
Old 09-30-2001, 11:59 PM   #20  
Thursday Team

WOOHOO Tina! Hope your enjoying your retirement. Any plans as to what you'll do like travel or something?

Tammy the only way I know how to make it change colors and sizes at the same time is to either type in the format or to cut and paste it where you want it. I'm sure there must be a simplier way to do it .

Hope you get to feeling better soon Susan, especially before you have to travel to the conference. Good luck on weighing in at home. Thats what I been doing as I cant seem to make it to meetings, I set my scale to match WW the last time I weighed and always leave it in the same place.

Well I've been doing good on staying OP, went over one day, but had some points banked from the previous day, and didnt use many points on Sat to make up for it. So far so good. I've even been eating salads!! Im not much of a veggie eater, but I'll do it.

Have a great day tomorrow everyone!....Dee
Old 10-01-2001, 09:13 PM   #21  
Susan

Hi ya'll

TIna, I'm so jealous!!!! I love sitting in my swing with my glass of tea!! We grew up doing that with mom. I cant' wait to do it with her this weekend!

I'm glad that they gave you a nice party. You deserved it!!! I know that the guy you worked with you will really miss you!!!

Dee, I'm feeling better. Even if I'm not feeling good down there my mom will take care of me. You know moms!!

I'll definitely have a big salad at the Barn Door. I forgot to mention that to my Dad. I better email him so he knows to put it on the list of places to go.

Have a great night. I'm off to watch some football.

Susan
Old 10-01-2001, 09:34 PM   #22  
Thursday Lady

Happy Monday!

Susan, I'm glad you are feeling some better. Yes, mothers can make us feel so much better. I miss that now.

4 more days until my vacation to San Francisco. Tomorrow I'm going shopping......I have only one pair of slacks & that won't do.

Tina
Old 10-02-2001, 05:57 PM   #23  
Susan

Howdy,

Tina, Have fun in San Francisco!! You deserve a vacation that's for sure!!!

I'm off to San Antonio tomorrow for my conference and visit with my family. I'm sure that we will do our fair share of eating. I'm going to try to stay within my point range.

Hope everyone has a great evening!

Susan
Old 10-02-2001, 07:58 PM   #24  
Thursday Lady

Howdy back to Susan and to everyone!

Susan, hope you feel great and have a blast in SA.
I spent the day going to 3 stores before finding a pair of black slacks. I've never had such a problem. So many now are length proportioned. "Average" is a little too short & "Long" is so long I trip over them. I found some Liz Claiborne things on sale that I couldn't pass up. Boy am I going to miss my extra money!!! This is the last time I can go on such a spending spree.

Everyone have a great day tomorrow.

Tina
Old 10-03-2001, 12:19 PM   #25  
Thursday Lady

Is it my imagination, or have we been kind of quiet for a week?

Drum roll please--------I walked for 30 minutes this morning. It was wonderful. I feel so silly, putting this off for so long. Of course, granted now I have more time to walk. It felt sooo good.

I hope everyone is doing all right.
Susan is probably in San Antonio now having her parents fawn all over her. I'm sure she'll have a great time.

Is anyone ready for weigh in? I'm drinking my water today. I think I'll try a noon meeting tomorrow. I haven't been able to do that in 3 years.

Later,
Tina
Old 10-03-2001, 09:18 PM   #26  

FINALLY!!!!!

I have been reading your messages and trying to post, but this is the first time it would let me do it. Silly thing.

Tina, I want to come to Texas and hang out. I'd like to pretend that I'm retired.

Hope I'm down the 2 pounds that I was up last week when I weigh in the morning. Right now there is part of an apple pie on the kitchen counter calling my name. I'm not hungry, so I'm trying to stay away from it. Tim mowed my aunt's yard yesterday, and she sent the homemade pie home with him. She almost always does that. That's her way of paying him since he doesn't want to take money from her.

They may work out a deal next summer though where Tim mows and she gives him money to put in his savings account for college (planning ahead here!).

Good luck tomorrow everyone!!
Old 10-05-2001, 10:25 PM   #27  
Thursday Lady

I'm getting ready for my trip tomorrow. It's after 9 o'clock and I haven't packed.

Everyone keep up the good work. I'll be back later next week.

Bye,
Tina
Old 10-09-2001, 09:35 PM   #28  
Susan

Hi Everyone,

I got back from San Antonio. I'm exhausted now!! The conference was good. Enjoyed my family!! Came back to a sick husband. Just hope I don't get it now!!

Tina, hope you are enjoying your trip. You deserve it! Tell us all about it when you get back! You sound like packing at the last minute.

Tammy, that is so sweet of your aunt to bake Tim pies. I bet that is tempting.

Ok guys, I need a pep talk and someone to encourage me. I'm having a hard time staying and getting back on track.

Susan
Old 10-11-2001, 12:54 AM   #29  
Thursday Lady

Hi guys, I'm back!!!!
We had a great trip. I'll fill y'all in after I get some rest.

Where is everyone?? There hasn't been much "chatter" on the thread.

Susan, I'm glad you had a great time at home. How is your husband feeling?

Tina
Old 10-11-2001, 07:12 PM   #30  

Hi all! I haven't been in here for a few days. I've been going to bed early every night, but I'm still tired in the mornings. Old age?

Susan, I was pooed out when I came home from the math conference that I went to. Come to think about it, I haven't been peppy at all since that conference. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Tina, can't wait to hear about your trip. My brother and his family are heading for Michigan this weekend. Bob is going to Florida in a couple weeks to visit his brother. I'm staying home. Tim and Kramer are staying home too.

I'm changing my name to YoYo. My weight keeps bouncing up and down. I was up 2 pounds this morning.
Closed Thread