Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2001, 08:41 AM   #31  

morning owls,

i really need some help or a swift kick in the a-s i feel as though i've lost all of my motivation here lately. i always have every intention of staying op all day then some where i lose it.
maybe it's stress or my new depression medicine
i told dh i was going to have them change the med's again because it's given me the munchies and i DON'T like that. i've also started having bad headaches too.

this weekend was kind of rough w/daddy. the procedure that they done on him friday made him awful sick. me and dh and ds wasn't there 5 minutes when it hit him friday afternoon. it was awful he told us it scared him and in 31 yrs i don't think that i've ever heard my daddy say that something scared him. he was a little better saturday he slept about all day but he got sick again (not as bad) that afternoon. the people from his church came friday night to pray for him and that DID help him alot.
kind of sad though he'd had a GOOD week until friday afternoon.
please keep remembering us in your prayers they really mean alot to me. and THANK YOU OWLS for letting me come here to talk about all that's going on in my life it really helps me alot.

PJ--hope that your ok from your wreck. that was awful. hope you received good news about your daddy.

hi all other owls.
candacej don't feel bad about your fish i had one and it drowned really it did

we don't know for sure but i found out that they tested my dh's grandmother for colin cancer last wed. (when it rains it pours here)
Old 10-01-2001, 06:05 PM   #32  

uh guys who's gbo i've never heard of them before have you?

well gotta get ready for work.

i've been SUPER op all day do a little jig for me
Old 10-01-2001, 09:49 PM   #33  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hello!!! - Oh Brenda.......I'm sooo disapointed we didn't get to meet. I think it just wasn't in our cards this time. I'll have to use some frequent flier miles and come up north to get a "snow fix" around the Holidays and visit you. Yes!!!! I'm inviting myself. I'm happy you had a great time at Disney. Pretty hard NOT to...isn't it? Even if your sister and b.i.l. weren't getting along.....I'm sure even THEY had fun. Hope you took lots of pictures. Scan 'em and post 'em. I'm dying to see them all!!!!

I still don't think the magnitude of what could have happened a couple of days ago has hit me just yet......Atleast not totally. I've had a few tiny anxiety attacks but mostly when I drive past the lake. I have to pass it every day to get to the horses. Sometimes I'll think about it and freak out.....and at other times I totally block it out....so much that I can't remember how it all happened. I'm just grateful my kids weren't with me. Jackie didn't want to go to the barn with me because it was raining and I'm so glad.........who knows if she would have been traumatized or not. I'm sure it would have had SOME type of effect on her though...let alone my trying to get her out and then myself. AAAGGHHH. Can't think about it anymore.

Jen - Actually, I haven't heard from him yet. They were still waiting for the results from the biopsy. I'll be seeing or talking to him tomorrow. I WILL keep your Daddy in my prayers. It must be very frightening for him at times. That's when your Faith really needs to come into the picture. Just keep your Faith.

Candice and Ally - Thanks.....but I'm getting over it slowly but surely. I think everything happens for a reason and what this reason is...... I don't know yet. Thanks for your concern. I'm fine. Well......kind of.......

I have NOT been OP in a few days. I've been going without ANYTHING to eat all day and then I have dinner. I WAS having my biggest meal for lunch but I've been so upside down with everything lately that I'm just way off whack. I've really got to pull myself together and get back on track with the house, myself, my physical therapy (which I've missed two times in a row now) and just "SNAP OUT OF IT". Whatever "IT" is.
So......here's to all of you and myself included .....having sweet dreams tonight and waking up tomorrow to a WONDERFUL day! Sound Good???? GOOD !!!!!!! "See" ya tomorrow.
Hugs to you all,
~Pamela~

Last edited by PJ; 10-01-2001 at 09:55 PM.
Old 10-01-2001, 10:09 PM   #34  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Jen - gbo is 3fc nickname for a woman by the name of Pam. If you click on her profile, you'll be able to see her bio. Actually, I think it's a great idea. I was one of the first hundred or so to join this site a few years ago and it has grown in leaps and bounds. Personally....I think the idea of sending $1.00 per month is a great idea. I know it's been a very big financial burden on the 3fc and that is why they now have the "ads" on here. It is very expensive to run this site. So....if you can.....whenever you can.....send a buck or two or whatever. Pam sounds like a good person. I think her idea is a good one and I'm going to send a check for $5.00 tomorrow to cover a couple of months.
Anyway, is looks like she's a new member and read Suzanne's plea for financial help from all of us. Obviously, this forum helps her immensely.....just as it does many of us (including myself). So, let's help the 3fc out and send in a buck per person. What do you all think? And thanks Pam for the great idea.
Hugs and Sweet Dreams to all my Owl buds,
~Pamela~
Old 10-02-2001, 11:58 PM   #35  

Hi everyone !
I'm new on the WW nightowl group. Love it ! I've read most of the posts and they are so good ! I'm new and I don't know how to put on all those cute add on's but I am very impressed.

I am having some rough times right now with my food program. I could eat the legs off the table right now, but I am trying very hard to get in bed and not think about food tonight. I was doing great, until about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I don't want to weigh in.
I am still doing some exercise. Walking and Water arobics. That keeps me mentally up. I have lost my focus though on the food intake ! Or rather my focus has become to clear and I eat everything in sight ! I was writing everything down, and I stopped, and I was drinking water all the time, and for now I've not been doing that. I was off sweets, and now I am eating them. This is one battle I want to win, but right now I am not doing anything right !

This site is special -- Candicej -- love your straight forward posts.
Dealing with health issues and this is not fun ! I know I want the loss. ( I have 100 lbs + to take off ) And the doing it is a everyday job. No matter how I am feeling personally.
There are very down days Some really awful days
Then there are times you manage and you see progress and you begin to hope again...

PJ thanks for all your words. It is very helpful !

As I read more, and keep up with all of you. I'm sure I will become acquainted and enjoy all the input.

Some seem to love 'Disney' as much as my family. We are going this month. Can't wait ! One week - and I am ready !

Hope you all have a good evening.
Angel Girl
Old 10-03-2001, 04:29 PM   #36  

hey all you owls hope you're all doing fine.

welcome angel girl nice to meet you
i know exactly how you feel about getting off track i've been off track alot here lately. last week i gained 1.6 but this week i lost 2lbs maybe one day i'll get to that hundred mark some days it feels like 2 steps forward and 10 steps back.
i am staying op so far this week though i'll be going out to stay w/daddy tomorrow and it's always harder when i'm there too much temptation hehe some times i'm ok but then there's times i'm cooking and daddy will say "put some of that pepper bacon in that" so then i don't have a clue to how many pts are in what i'm fixing to eat.

talk to all you owls friday won't be around tomorrow
Old 10-03-2001, 10:55 PM   #37  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hey Jen - Just wanted to say I think you're a wonderful daughter. Have an awesome day tomorrow and give your Daddy a hug from all of us Owls.
~Pamela~
Old 10-04-2001, 02:17 AM   #38  

The fish is better I think..he isn't laying on the bottom anymore and responds when I tap his tank but he is not out of the woods yet and the tank is not all the way full yet either. The poor thing would just drop to the bottom like a rock..so sad to see him struggle like that!

Leaves are just starting to change here and I don't have any film. We are supposed to get a freeze here Sat. and I don't have my plants brought in and I can't carry them so if they freeze they freeze! I can't worry about them...(you know I will) just is my nature!

Jeni..thinking of you

PJ..I'm still tramatized by your accident!

Jet..welcome to a fun bunch of food lovin' gals!

Well my arm is hurting so I better go! Hi everyone

Here is the corn crop which is no longer there! A storm is brewing..this was taken in August!
Old 10-04-2001, 03:22 PM   #39  
Happy Member

Hey everybody! Just wanted to peek in and say hi! I have to get off the 'puter for right now. (Welcome to some new NightOwl posters, too!)

To add to the mix of everyone with their own or someone love's health problems, we just found out that my father-in-law has pancreatic cancer. Some of us had a feeling that was what it was, and it was confirmed Tues. My in-laws are going to the oncologist today to discuss it, find out how progressed it is, and what his options are. Unfortunately, pancreatic cancer is very nasty and hard to diagnose. Usually once it's diagnosed, it's not in early stages and the prognosis is not good and only short term. I can't even "feel out" my DH about his feelings about it. Even though he learned all about it on the internet, etc, it almost seems like he doesn't realize that his dad is not going to be with us for very long. He seems very detached, lacking emotion about it so far, so all I can do for now is just be there for him when he's ready to. We saw his dad on Sunday and he's VERY thin and tired. I can't believe this. It's especially sad when I think about the grandchildren that won't have Pop-Pop there anymore.
I must go for now....getting emotional.
Ally
Old 10-04-2001, 09:50 PM   #40  

ally
so sorry to hear about your fil maybe the way your dh is acting is his way of coming to terms w/his father's illness God knows we all have to come to terms with it in our own ways. give him a little time and i'm sure that he'll talk about how he's feeling. most men aren't as emotional as we can be i still cry about 2 or 3 times a week about my dad.
we are waiting to hear if my dh's grandmother has colon cancer she was tested last week.
such a nasty and painful disease not only for the one's we love to have but for us also.
i'll keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-06-2001, 08:50 AM   #41  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Ally - That's a big DITTO for me! My heart and prayers go out to you and your entire family. Let's just try to keep our hopes up that it's NOT as bad as you think. Until then, I'll add another candle to my growing collection that I keep burning on my dresser in my room. My heart goes out to all of you with loved ones having health problems. I know it's hard. Very hard.
Hugs to you all,
~Pamela~
Old 10-06-2001, 05:14 PM   #42  

just thought that i'd let all of you owls know that my dh's grandmother DOESN'T have colon cancer WHEW that was a relief

plus even though i probably ate 100 pts thursday i've stayed op the rest of this week I REALLY did
so maybe i'll maintain and not gain i still have 3 more days in this week so keep your fingers crossed. i ALSO filled my journal out for tomorrow. so i already know what i'll have for all day.

well gotta get ready for work
have a good night owls
Old 10-07-2001, 03:23 AM   #43  

My heart goes out to all of you gals with sick loved ones!

Leaves are starting to change in this neck of the woods too! So pretty...........Took some pics but it will be ahile before they are developed. I sent off my other pictures over a week ago and they have not arrived yet(go to Seattle) and I hope they are not lost...the ones of my boys for Christmas cards are on there!

The Fish is so so....but I don't know what else to do for him.

My good arm is hurting bad now and I have it wrapped too so I am handless. Typing with my toes! I see the orthopedist on Tuesday and I have to drive myself..that should be cute driving with my toes!
Old 10-07-2001, 10:56 PM   #44  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~I've been a baaaad Owl~

I have NOT tracked for a few days now and it's totally thrown me off whack

I don't feel like I've gained anything but tomorrow is Monday and that's the day I weigh myself each week at home. I don't think I'm going to be a happy WW but then it IS the beginning of a new week and I've maintained for a while sooooooo......time to get my butt into gear again. Also, I just had some WOOOOONDERFUL Pecan sandies cookies. My favorites. Just had to have them (3). I'll have to look at my sliding chart to see how many points they were. I don't think I would have gone over if I didn't have the dilicious peice of chicken skin on my breast (the piece of chicken, that is...... )
Soooo, I had to come here and confess. I also need to go to physical therapy badly for my knee tomorrow. It's really been bothering me and I don't know why. I'll find out tomorrow.
Anyway, I sure wish you owls in hiding would come out and say hi. I know the news of our bombing Afghanistan is devastating but like the President said "We're in this thing for the long haul and it's not going to be done overnight"......come on guys. We're the strongest country in the world and all of these terrorist attacks have GOT to be stopped and we're just the country (with some help) to do it. Let's not let the loss of life at the WTC, the Pentagon and Pa. go in vain. Have faith in our country and eachother. Stay strong and be PROUD OF WHO WE ALL ARE AND WHAT WE REPRESENT!
I love you guys,
~Pamela~
Closed Thread