3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   50 Or More Pounds #75... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/9562-50-more-pounds-75-a.html)

Kudzu 09-19-2001 06:11 PM

50 Or More Pounds #75...

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, jump on in and join us. You are sure to get a warm welcome! :)

Kudzu 09-19-2001 06:13 PM

Thank You...

Hi Girls! Thank you so much for the warm welcomes. It feels so good to be missed. :) Can y'all believe that we are on thread #75??

I'm doing really good journaling and staying OP. Monday was a co-worker's birthday, and someone brought a cake with cream cheese icing. I somehow managed to avoid eating a piece even though it was sitting right outside my office. Then yesterday, the same girl brought tea cakes with this wonderful icing that she is famous for. She offered me cookies all day, but I never ate one. Sweets are not really my thing, so it wasn't that hard to resist...and I knew that I could have eaten if I had wanted to. I know nothing is off limits, but the cake and cookies weren't "point worthy." I did have two little Krystals last night while I was out running errands with a friend. Do y'all have Krystals in your area? They are little hamburgers...similar to White Castle I think. They are wonderful when they are hot and soggy...but are 4 points each, so I try to avoid them. Anyway, thanks for all the confidence that y'all have shown in my future success. It really does help to think about Linda Jean and Jan making lifetime and others being so close.

Carol, have a wonderful time on your trip. I saw where you had called last night, and I hate that I missed you. I had gone to run errands with my friend who lost her fiance'. She is still having a really hard time some days, although I have been so proud of how strong she has been lately. She just needed to get out of the house, so we went window shopping, although neither of us had any money to buy anything. Anyway, I knew you were probably already in bed by the time I got home. Thanks for asking about my back. It is much better. You know the doctor had told me to stay off my feet for that entire week, and it was still hurting when I went back to work on Monday. However, as the week progressed, the pain just vanished...as quickly as it had appeared. I really think that moving around helped me...or maybe it took that long for the pills to kick in and do their thing...who knows! I am back to my old self, but trying to be careful. Of course,it would help if I knew what I had done in the first place to hurt it. Getting old is the pits sometimes! :D

Texaslady, I must have missed the post about your mom's invitation. What happened?

JOYce, I bet you are getting excited about your New Orleans trip. There was an article in my Southern Living magazine about New Orleans and I immediately thought of all of you. I wonder if Patti will still be joining you and Jan? I would love to drive there since it is so close, but we are going to Birmingham to a Point of Grace concert for my birthday. I'm looking forward to that.

Linda, I agree with what you said about church. It has warmed my heart so much to see how our nation...and it's leaders...have all turned to God. Today was "meet you at the poles" where students meet at flagpoles to pray before school. I don't know if it is a nation-wide thing, but for some reason I think that it is. Anyway, everyone was calling in reporting record crowds.

It is almost time to go, so I will end for now. Again, thank you for all the warm "welcome backs." Have a wonderful...and blessed...Wednesday. I have to go get my driver's license renewed tomorrow. They are good for 4 years, and I remember thinking in 1997 how I would surely be at goal weight when it was time to renew. Oh well...maybe next time!!

Janet (Kudzu)

Linda Jean 09-20-2001 03:11 AM

Janet, We have "meet you at the pole" here in Southern California also. When my DD was in high school she would participate in them, and told us that there were always lots of kids there. It used to warm our hearts. Good for you for not partaking in the cake and cookies at work. Even though sweets are not your thing, it still would have been very tempting to take one or two cookies, or a slice of that cake. Good for you! Looks like you are on your way! :)

gmalil 09-21-2001 09:37 PM

Happy Friday!
Yes, Janet, I am very excited about my trip...I am as anxious to meet Jan, as I am to see New Orleans! :D I don't know about Patti, haven't heard anything in a long time. :(
I'm sorry you won't be joining us, but enjoy your birthday !! Linda just had a bday too!

Dh and I were all alone tonight, so we went out to eat. although he reminded me that we will be doing that everyday next week! But it tasted so good for somone else to prepare something for a change!

I've got a busy weekend shaping up, dgs has a bday tomorrow, so we are going out for his party, after I set up at church for a reception that will take place on Sunday for ur church secretary. Sunday's reception should keep me a little bit busy...then it is 'just get ready for the big trip!!'

I weighed in this morning up 1/2 pound, but i figure that is as good as a maintain...:^:

Must go make some phone calls about the food for that reception!!
have a great weekend!

Linda Jean 09-25-2001 02:05 AM

HELOOOOOOOOOO...!!!

I think I might have heard an echo in here. Where is everybody? Hope the absences mean you are all doing fun, busy things.

JOYce is getting excited about the trip to New Orleans -- as usual, though, she is doing all sorts of things for everyone else as she tries to get things packed and together for the trip. JOYce, when you get on that plane, let your mind drift away for ten days, and just enjoy yourself, DH and Jan!

gmalil 09-25-2001 02:20 AM

GOOD JOB LINDA!!

I LOVE YOUR FLAG AND NEW TITLE!
You would let me get really carried away! I only have 8 days, not 10!!

Where is everybody!!!???!?!?
I miss you!...only 36 more hrs, and this puter will be shut down for a week!

Yes, I am very excited about the trip, counting the hours!
:)

Linda Jean 09-25-2001 03:14 AM

Thanks, JOYce, for the compliment on the flag -- a couple of the Night Owls have been walking me through how to get the flag up, but so far I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to wave, as it is supposed to. It looks really neat when it moves! Those Night Owls have some really nice graphics on their site.

Kudzu 09-25-2001 04:06 PM

Hey Girls! I only have time for a quick post right now, but I wanted to tell Linda Jean that I also love her new flag and quote! :cool: I have seen the flag waving, and you are right...it is beautiful.

JOYce, I also wanted to tell you that you might want to pack a few warm clothes. My weather is usually comparable to New Orleans, and it was registering 54 degrees on the thermometer on my rear-view mirror in my car this morning. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it was very chilly. We have still been having days in the 80's lately, but the nights are supposed to be getting colder this week. One night is even supposed to be in the 40's. I'm sure you have already been watching the weather, but I wanted to give you a first-hand weather report! ;) In case I don't get to post again before you leave...have a wonderful...and safe...trip!!!! That goes for you too Jan.

Hi to everyone else. I'll post again when I have more time. Have a great week!

Janet (Kudzu)

P. S. Carol, are you back??

gmalil 09-25-2001 04:57 PM

Thanks Janet! I appreciate the advice! I wasn't figuring on cool weather, thinking it will be about the same as here, but we are having what they say is typical Oct weather for us, but it is about 100 deg today! and last night, it stayed warm all the way thru!! I was eying the sweaters today, but put them back in the closet, I'll go add one to the suitcase, actually, it is a good idea to have one on the plane, anyhow. This time tomorrow, I'll be at the airport!!:D
Much to do, I better get with it!

Rymsh 09-25-2001 06:05 PM

Hi ladies!!! I agree- this certainly is a quiet thread!!!! Where on earth has everyone been??
I got back from Florida about 12:30 this morning- got to bed about 1:30 and had to be to work at 6. So, I'm less than energetic this evening! I had a great time, and it was good to get away. The flights were smooth and uneventful, and the check in procedures weren't nearly as lengthy as I had anticipated, prtly because the airport was sort of a large empty!! The plane going down was maybe 1/3 full, and the return flight maybe half full- I had the whole 3 seat row to myself both times. It was quite hot in Florida, compared to home.
Did you all here about our tornado here in Maryland? It touched down last evening in College Park (about 1/2 hour from me), where the University of MD is located. Two students (sisters) were killed when the car in which they were riding was picked up, carried across the road and over an 8 story building, and thrown upside down into a wall. How sad!! I feel for their parents- losing one child would be an unthinkable pain, but losing 2 at one time is just unimaginable. There were about 50 people injured, 100 or so homes severly damaged, and lots of uprooting of trees and tossing about of empty vehichles. And a volunteer fireman who had been on the call had a heart attck on the way home from the scene and died.
Linda and Janet, our late September birthday girls, happy birthday to both of you!
Linda, I too love your new flag!
Janet, congrats for staying on program!! It was good to talk to you last week!
Joyce, have a wonderful time, if I don't "talk" to you before then!
Texaslady, how goes it with the wedding plans and the mums?
Jan, have a great time too!! How did dh's CT turn out?
Beth, Saara and anyone I forgot, how are things?
Well, I'm having trouble with the new site- it cut off my post once already- so I'll close for now and post more later. Have a good Wednesday, everyone.
Carol

Linda Jean 09-28-2001 01:12 AM

Oh, dear, Carol -- yes, we heard about your tornado; I am so glad you are all right! What a tragedy about the two sisters and the volunteer fireman losing their lives. And welcome home--glad that you had a good flight to and from Florida; how lovely to have had all three seats to yourself!

DH and I got a letter today from JOYce's DGD, the one in the Air Force. She was replying to one I had sent to her last week, cheering her on and wishing her well. I wish that all of you could read her letter...I practically stood up and saluted the paper after I read it -- you would all feel so proud of her, too--what a wonderful outlook she has about our country, and the importance of never letting something like Sept. 11 happen again -- what a patriot she is! If the majority of our servicemen and -women have her attitude, we are in good hands.

Rymsh 09-28-2001 03:57 AM

HELLO!! Where is everyone?

Rymsh 09-29-2001 07:56 PM

I think I'm posting in a large empty!! Where is everyone? :?:
Joyce and Jan, I thought about you all today- I know you enjoyed meeting! Can't wait to hear all about it. I hope one of you took some pictures you can post for us.
Saara, we haven't heard from you in ages! How's everything going at school? I guess you are pretty well settled in by now! What's the latest word on the Olympics?
Texaslady, I'm getting out and out worried about you! I can't remember your ever being away from posting for this long! I know you have about a million things going- I hope it's just that you're so busy there's no time, and not that there's something wrong!
Janet, I hope you had a wonderful birthday, and enjoyed the weekend trip with your friends!
Beth, what's going on with you? How are things at school?

I sure wish the members of our little group that seem to have left us - like Patty, Merri, Rebecca, Stamps, Kendra, and whoever else I'm neglecting to name- would drop in and say hi!

I've had a rather lackluster weekend so far. I babysat last night while dd and dsil went to a piano concert given by her former piano teacher in college. He's won a number of international competitions, and is extremely talented. She learned a lot from him when she was taking private lessons from him. (she was a music major, in case some hadn't known). Then today I babysat for a short time, took all our wet laundry to the laundromat to be dried (dd's dryer died the other day), and bought myself a small microwave for my room so that on the nights when dd is teaching late I can fix myself a Lean Cuisine or something- I can't get to the kitchen while she's teaching. There's a refrigerator in the garage, so now I'm all set. Lots of nights they don't eat till 9 or 9:30, which is of course not the best thing for me, especially since I then end up going to bed right after we eat. The microwave was on sale for $45, and is perfect for my needs. Tonight dsil is having some of his buddies over to watch boxing or something, so I'll hibernate in my room. Tomorrow I'll make a trip to Trader Joe's I think- I'm anxious to try the buffalo meat that someone (Joyce, I think?) said was so good.
I've got my Florida house rented for 4 months this winter- January through April- which was good news that came about on Friday. So, it looks like I won't move down there till the first of May rather than April. If a job offer I couldn't refuse would hit me between the eyes earlier than that, I can stay at exdh's place till my renters leave, but I doubt that will happen.
Well, I've rambled on and bored you all long enough- but nobody else was saying anything so I figured I'd make up for it!!:lol:
Have a great Sunday, everyone.
Carol :wave:

Linda Jean 09-30-2001 04:22 AM

Hi, Carol! It surely has been quiet in here lately! I was glad to see that you posted yesterday. We had our best friends and their dgs, plus dd and dsil for dinner last night. I think I have been preparing for it for the past couple of days -- making numerous trips to the grocery store for stuff I'd forgotten on my last trip...making appetizers ahead of time and refrigerating them, etc. Tonight we are having my family over for September birthdays; there will be 10 of us, and I have lots of stuff I'd prepared ahead of time for that, too. I had thought that having dinner parties two nights in a row would be a good thing, what with the momentum and all, but I think I won't do it again. :dizzy: I'm so glad that you found a microwave for your room, and what a great price!

We got our electric bill today -- EEK! We nearly fainted. As soon as everyone left tonight after the dinner, I turned the a/c off and opened windows and turned the whole house fan on. I am hoping for a cool October....

JanetMae 10-02-2001 04:10 PM

Hi everybody! Sorry to be so long away, but last week was so hectic, with the end of the six weeks at school and getting packed for New Orleans.

It was absolutely WONDERFUL to meet Joyce and her dh on Saturday! What a dear, kind person she is, and so fun to be with, too! We talked practically nonstop on our two-hour cruise on the Mississippi. JOYce even gave me two of her fantastic flag pins, and another for my dh, *and* an ingenious bead-and-safety pin flag that Linda made! (Thank you, Linda! It's lovely!) I just wish you all could have been there to meet them, too. We just have to make that happen one of these days! Oh and yes, we did take pictures, and will definitely post one soon.

Janet, I'm so glad those pills worked and you're feeling better! Way to go on resisting all those goodies, too. Did you have a great birthday last weekend?

Carol, isn't it amazing, microwaves for $45 now! Sounds like a good plan you have there. Still no results on the ct scan; I can't get dh to call his doctor, as he keeps saying the doctor will call him when he has the results.

Linda, I like your flag icon! And thanks so much for the pin, and for sending the picture via JOYce; it's so nice to be able to put a face to a name now.

Texaslady, are you wading through mums and ribbons about now? Our homecoming is in two weeks, so I guess you're in the high season right now. To say nothing of all the wedding preparations! But then you got so much of that done ahead of time. We thought of you when we drove through Katy on Sunday!

Gotta run ... will try to check in more often this week!
Regards,
Jan