Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 08:13 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Monday!

Morning all, well I had a very busy weekend but W/I went ok. Down 1.8 and I will take that! I was hoping for me but I will take what I can get.

Had family in on Saturday for a big very un-healthy yearly dinner that we do, so glad it is only one time a year! But it is just soooo much work and Sunday I just kind of layed around... which was not good since it was nice out and I could have gone for a walk or a ride but instead I made a meal and relaxed. I am back on track though.

Judy: I know what you mean about avoiding this site and other things when we are being bad or just not feeling motivated.

Ariana: Dating is just so much fun

I have to run but will check back later on.
Susan
Old 10-16-2006, 09:37 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/199/160

Height: 5'-3"

Good Monday morning, Turtles:

Nice weekend up here - getting cooler but still nice & crisp. Got my trailer all closed up & cleaned out and did some Halloween decorating as well.
Was down 2 # at my w/i Fri so was very pleased with that.

Have lots of social things going on & I am sooooooooooo excited - I am going to see Barbara Streisand tomorrow night - can't wait!!!

Princess - congrats on your loss this week. Good for you!

Good luck everyone else & talk soon.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:59 AM   #18  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Princess and Bandit,
: and to you both. Those fabulous WI's help us all to keep inspired, do the right thing, and have our own successes. Yay!
Weigh to go!

Princess, I know what you mean about calorie laden traditional dinners. I've gotten to the point when I'd just as soon do without, but the company is fun.
Lots of work, though.

Bandit, you're really a busy turtle right now with packing up the trailer for the winter. Now tell us, exactly how did you lose so nicely when you had your Canadian Thanksgiving such a short time ago.

All goes semi=well here. Went to dear grandbaby's 2nd. birthday party on Saturday. This time my dd catered the party and called in a cleaning service right before. That's all stuff we didn't have to help her with and I appreciated that. She's really busy and her toddler is a ball full of non-stop energy. Love him to pieces, but he's non a restful type. LOL. My eating was okay at the party and I"m still struggling with doing the right thing. I cannot expect to knock off all the weight I put on in one week, but I need to do the right thing every day to get the weight off. I'm working on one day at a time right now. Good luck to us all. Take care and be well.
Judy
Old 10-16-2006, 02:12 PM   #19  

Hi Judy - I knew I had big dinners last week, so ate carefully before & after each one. I enjoyed my special dinners & had abit of everything - even pie & stuffing. Also, got in some extra walks. And as I said before, I thought I would have been down the week before & wasn't so maybe my body just caught up with the loss. Whatever the reason, I was happy.

Take care.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:32 PM   #20  
Chick

Bandit, Great explanation! Thanks. Have a wonderful time at the Streisand concert. Yay!
Judy
Old 10-16-2006, 08:42 PM   #21  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I'll check back tomorrow when I feel better. I think I'm battling a flu bug. Oh how great its that!!!

Chris
Old 10-17-2006, 09:03 AM   #22  

Morning all... another rainy day here in Indy but I think the sun is supposed to come out later on today... at least I hope so since I am going to cook supper on the grill tonight

Bandit: You did great! I am praying that I have that much will power when we have our Thanksgiving!

Judy: How are you doing? I just know that you are going to have a super weigh in this week

All: Hope all is well with everyone... stay well and I will stop back by later on.

Susan
Old 10-17-2006, 10:19 AM   #23  
Chick

H:i Turtles,
Chrily, hope the flu passes quickly and you're feeling A-OK very soon.

Princess, thanks for the cheer. I can use it. For whatever reason I am really struggling. However, yesterday was okay and I vow to myself to make today better. I will go to WI tomorrow with the feeling that I've done the best I could and need to keep on keepin' on.

Everybody have a good day.\
Judy
Old 10-17-2006, 12:36 PM   #24  
Focus on the Process

Morning all..well nothing exciting happened yesterday. I think my allergies are playing havoc on me. I get to this point where I breathe in and feel a catch in my chest and that I don't get enough air...then I panic. Then I get lightheaded and it gets worse. Well of course that makes my breathing worse, which does it again. I had to sleep on it and wake up this morning and re evaluate what is going on. My nose feels swollen, my head feels packed and my ears are ringing....doesn't sound like I'm dying of a brain tumor or anything. I'm taking my decongestants like crazy...gotta get this out of me. Now I feel half loopy...kind of tired but the pseudefed makes my skin feel tingly and I get a little jittery. I'm not a good person for taking meds. A full adult dose puts me out... I do have horrible allergies year round but winter and spring are my worst months. And lo and behold we woke up this morning to snow on the ground. I love the snow just don't like the effects on my body...

I don't have any immediate exercise goals today...I'd probably make myself dizzy and slide of the back side of the treadmill but I am going to drink at least 64 oz of water and stay within my points range.

check back later after I delve into my homework a little.

Chris
Old 10-18-2006, 03:38 PM   #25  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I went to my WW's WI today and was up 1.8#. Somehow not hitting the 2# up made me feel better. It was brave and necessary because I knew I'd be up and I knew if I procrastinated I'd weigh even more next week and that's not the way I want to go.
So, I'm putting BAndit's and Ariana's and Princess's and Chrily's ideas to work and am keepin' on keepin' on. Good luck and to us all.
Judy
234.6/218.2/thinner into onederland
Old 10-19-2006, 09:33 AM   #26  

Default Happy Thursday all!

Judy: I know how you feel, I really do, brush yourself off and get back on track and that increase will turn into a negative really quickly! I know it will work for you once you get going.

Ariana: what is new in your neck of the woods?

Bandit: How is the weather up your way? Is it getting super cold yet?

All: Well I had a very wonderful moment the other day. A lady that works in the office building next to ours happened to be in the bathroom at the same time as I was and when I came out of the stall she looked at me and said "wow! you are just shrinking away to nothing!" And when I said thank you she said "no! I really mean and can not believe that I did not notice before, your face and everything is so much slimmer!" She then asked me what I have been doing and I told her WW and exercise along with a Pilates class and she said that I had inspired her to go back to WW and try it again. It all felt very good and really gave me a boost! One that I needed so it was a wonderful moment for me

Also! My boss is sending my husband and I to Hawaii for a week in April for my years of service and hanging on when most have left the company due to all of the troubles and such that it has gone thru over the last year. I am very excited and it has really given me something to work towards... I will never look awesome in a bathing suit and a bikini is out of the question but I would sure like to look nice, or at least not have everyone stare at my jelly legs and tummy... if that makes sense to anyone.

So it has been a good week so far and a very much needed break from the daily stress and grind.

I will be back soon!

Susan
Old 10-19-2006, 09:48 AM   #27  
Chick

Princess,
Thanks for the pep talk. I feel in a much better place than before and when I look back on these weeks and the successes and struggles, I realize I could have been much worse off. Right now I am going to put my points tracker on the fridge, count in everything that is off Core and see a real good loss this week. Yay! :

My goodness, you had a dynamo of a day. Way to go! A trip to Hawaii for sticking in there. My word! What an affirmation of doing the right thing and getting rewarded for it. Seems that there's a comparison there with our WW journey too. I love that your co-worker saw the difference, really commented so positively about your weight loss, and even told you that you have inspired her. That's fabulous!

So, today I am off to see and play with my grandbaby. I am taking good food with me to make sure I stay on track and not wander into his cookies, etc. Big temptation at his home because they stock things I don't. Guess it's time to juice up the willpower and remember what I'm doing.\

Take care, have a great day everybody.
Judy
234.6/218.2/thinner into onederland
Old 10-19-2006, 12:32 PM   #28  

Hi everyone:

Just typed a big long post & it wouldn't take, so I will try & create it again.

Judy - good for you for getting back on track & being accountable. With your good food choices, you will have a great w/i next week. Keep it going.

Princess - WOW You must be so thrilled to be going to Hawaii - nice to be rewarded for your hard work & loyalty. And, you will be able to show off all your weight loss efforts - Nice!

I also got a thrill Tues evening seeing Barbra Steisand in concert. She was absolutely fabulous - something I will never forget. She has been one of my favorities for years so I feel so lucky to have been able to see her perform.

I have not been doing good this week with my food choices. But, today have been OP so far. Seems when I have had a good week, I sabotage myself instead of staying on track.

Anyone else watch "Grey's Anatomy" - love the show.
Anyway, have a great day & HI to everyone else as well.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:14 PM   #29  
Focus on the Process

Hi all....

Bandit, I bet that was an extaordinary concert. That would be a once in a life time memorable thing for me. I love her singing. And she's not a bad actress either. She's just all out talented....

Don't want to get too personal right now. I'm trying to watch Er. Check back later.

My goal tomorrow is 64 oz water and at the very least 15 min on the treadmill.

chris
Old 10-20-2006, 02:35 PM   #30  

Default Happy Friday

Hi all!

Just a quick stop by to see what is going on with everyone... busy day today and I went for a hair cut on my lunch hour which I hate to do because then I feel all itchy for the rest of the day at work but it was the only time she had available.

Best wishes for a great weekend!
Susan
Closed Thread