3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Thursday Chatters for October (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/95039-thursday-chatters-october.html)

Tina 10-20-2006 03:36 PM

Hi All,

Dee, thank you for missing me!!!!!

My husband had a few days off work. We left town and played hookey. It was fun. Now, I must start eating right. :o I'm going to wait until Monday to step on my scales.

Tina
:flow1:

Mom4kids 10-20-2006 06:55 PM

Playing hookey is nice. Got to enjoy it while you can. ;)

Tammy 10-20-2006 07:39 PM

Tina, I missed you too!! Getting away is so much fun, isn't it?

Dee, good for you for running with hubby. I'm sorry that you cried when you left your meeting. Wish I could give you a hug.

Jody, stress can do so many awful things to our body, can't it? Take care and know that all of us are here if you need us.

I did great doing the program today, and I have points left for a snack later. I'm thinking popcorn and a Diet Pepsi. Maybe some grapes too because I still need another fruit/vegetable.

Does cheese count as a Milk Group?

Mom4kids 10-21-2006 11:46 PM

Yes cheese is dairy. Glad you did well, you are off to a great start.

I am seriously thinking about the nutritionist, but I didn't see anything about them in my insurance book. Guess I will call them on Monday.

DH is at work. He went in at 8 am and is still there, it is now 11:45 pm. :mad: Our Saturday night plans were ruined. We didn't walk last night, and we didn't run tonite. UGH. Tomorrow, I do the lawn. Hope that helps.

Tammy 10-22-2006 09:45 AM

Dee, I hope that you get to talk to a nutritionist. My family doctor made an appointment a couple years ago to see one, and at that time, there was no charge. When Bob went last year, there was a charge, and I'm pretty sure that our insurance wouldn't cover it.
Sorry about hubby working so long! Hope today is a better day for you. It is cool and rainy here, and I don't like that.

Did great on the points again yesterday, so that's 2 days on the program. The leader said that she wanted to see our food logs for the week when we come back on Thursday to make sure we understand how to use them, etc. She croak when she sees mine from yesterday. I ate at Burger King, McDonalds, and Wendys. lol I was gone all day because of the football game, so I didn't have much choice. I tried to make good choices. I used the Dining Out guide to help me out. I also drank lots of water!!! That's probably the biggest change for me. Trying to cut back on Diet Pepsi. I had also gotten into the habit of having a Real Pepsi about once a day. That's 3 points that I don't want to waste!!

In the booklet it says that if you are over 50 you need 3 dairy products each day. That will be a problem for me. I can get 1 or 2 in, but not sure about the 3rd one. I also hate to use a couple of points for the 3rd dairy when I'd rather use the points for something else. Aren't I awful???? lol

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Tim and Jess came home last night because Jess's grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary party is this afternoon. Tim and I planned to get up and go to church this morning, but decided that he needed some sleep. That late night shift Thurs./Fri., then classes all day Friday, then getting up at 6 yesterday to meet the rest of the percussion for breakfast, then the Homecoming Parade in the morning, then the football game (which was soooooooooo long), then staying up and talking too late -- sleep was needed. Bad thing is, I didn't go to church either.

Next weekend he'll be on his fall break, so we have to go to church. He hasn't been there since he left Aug. 11. He's been to a church where he goes to school though.

I think I've rambled on enough.

Mom4kids 10-22-2006 10:18 AM

DH got home at 1:45 am and got back up and went in at 9 am. I told him he should be so dedicated to his marriage and family. We never spend time together. We didn't even walk/run two nights in a row. I have been feeling like a single parent.

So Tammy,
How was all the fast food? I ate Mc'Donalds with the kids and I felt like dirt. I think it is wonderful that you are doing so well with your points keep it up.
Did you get observed yet?

Sorry Bob is feeling so yucky, hope he is all better soon!

Where is Tina, and Susan and all of our new girls? It is quiet here.

Tina 10-22-2006 02:03 PM

I'm here, really I am. :D
I was really tired on Friday. I have to recover from my vacation. :lol:
So far, I've unpacked all of the carry-on and parts of the two checked cases. It was such a pain traveling this time. I had to pack all the toiletries and make-up in the checked cases-----because of the security alert. Security at the airports was really strict again this year, like it was after 9/11.
Dee, sorry your husband had to work so late.
Tammy, you did so good at the fast food places. I'm proud of you!!!

I agree about not wanting to spend 2 extra pts. for milk. But, I've got a way around it.....just take 2 calcium pills instead. I get Citrical w/vitamin D. that's what my ob/gyn thinks is good.
I usually have one glass of skim milk and on container of ff yogurt with the 2 pills every day.

Everyone have a great day. It's nice and cool here.

Tammy 10-22-2006 07:55 PM

Dee, I remember when Bob worked 2nd shirt when Tim was younger. I was the one who did everything with him. There were people who didn't even know that Bob existed since he was always working. The fast food really didn't bother me that much. At Burger King, I had a bacon, cheese, and egg croisandwich but I pulled off the top part and threw it away. Don't like them that much. Mcdonalds was a cheeseburger, bottled water, and vanilla cone when we left. Wendy's was a small bowl of chili.

I was observed Friday morning, and the kids were so good! Haven't had my follow-up meeting with him yet, so I hope he thinks things went well.

I'm seriously thinking about sleeping in Tim's room tonight to stay away from Bob. I do not need to catch what he has.

Tina, I have to recover from just going to school!! The calcium pills is a good idea. I have milk on my cereal and then a yogurt for lunch. Do you know that you can count a milkshake as one of your milk servings????? I just read that today. Blew my mind! Why can't all cheeses count for milk servings? I eat the lowfat string cheese for snacks quite a bit. I keep them at school to keep me out of the snacks in the lounge.

I'll be taking Tim to McDonalds in Greenville soon to meet Jess. It's partway for both of them when they go back to school. She has her car on campus which has been nice for both of them. Wonder if she'll be my daughter in law some day? Right now I would say yes.

Mom4kids 10-22-2006 09:51 PM

So Jess is his girlfriend? (remember I am new here). That is cool.

Poor Bob, but you don't want to catch anything. I wouldn't blame you for sleeping elsewhere. Sometimes I feel like sneaking out on the couch, especially when the two little ones are in my bed with DH and me.

Didn't run tonite, but will get up early to run tomorrow am.

Tammy 10-22-2006 10:16 PM

Sorry Dee! Yes, Jess is his girlfriend. They've been together for 3 years. They broke up a couple of times for a couple of weeks each time, but they seem pretty happy.

When we met Jess at McDonalds I seriously thought about getting a vanilla shake just to get a milk serving in!!! lol I love those shakes! Instead, I came home and ate grapes, a string cheese, and a Diet Pepsi. Ended up with 21 points for the day. I'm allowed a gazillion since I weigh so much, so I am a bit low.

Tina 10-22-2006 11:34 PM

Good for you, Tammy.....
I don't know about the shakes counting as milk.
It's amazing that not all cheese counts towards milk points. Non fat cottage cheese doesn't count at all. I eat the stuff because it'll fill me and has few points.

Dee, good for you for getting up early to run.

Susan, you'd better bundle up tomorrow because it's getting cold.
Sis, how are you doing????? I bet you hated for your vacation time to end.
Maureen, how much snow have you had so far?
Where is everyone else?????

Tammy 10-23-2006 06:37 AM

Tina, in the WW materials that I just got, it has that a milkshake counts as a milk serving. I really don't understand that. Also ricotta cheese counts, but I don't think any others do. Maybe I'll ask at the meeting on Thursday.

Decided to check in this morning before I hit the shower. Even though I'm weighing on Thursday at WW, I'm still going to base my tracker on the home scales since I had restarted the butterfly not long ago. And if the scales go down, that butterfly will be moving no matter what day it is!

I can relate about it being cold. Close to 32 right now. Not ready for this!!!

GoddessInclined 10-23-2006 09:37 AM

Tammy...

Just a quick thought on the 3 dairy servings.

As you may recall, I work for a chiropractor, who has a big problem with dairy. Now, I like milk, and I would literally DIE without cheese, and sorely miss sour cream if it disappeared off the planet. That being said, I do NOT get my two servings of dairy a day like WW says because of the things I hear from the DoC. Dairy apparently causes mucous buildup in the body--eww--and can exacerbate allergies and respiratory problems. I think WW's goal in getting dairy in is really to get calcium, hence the extra daily serving for the youngest, pregnant, and older participants. Anyhoo, you're better off to take a REALLY GOOD calcium supplement (along with magnesium and Vitamins A&D, which aid in calcium absorption) than to necessarily get all your dairies in. Besides, there are much better, more easily absorbed sources of calcium in other foods, such as whole (think canned) salmon, dark green leafies, almonds, hazlenuts, garbanzo beans, black beans....the list goes on....

Your PSA of the day.... :)

Tammy 10-23-2006 08:50 PM

Jody, you are probably right about the calcium. I'll have to check my vitamins and see just what's in them. I eat broccoli alot. Does that count as calcium? I have almonds at home and at school.

Does this mean I shouldn't drink 3 milkshakes a day???? Just Kidding!!

Tina 10-23-2006 09:39 PM

Sorry to say that broccoli doesn't have that much calcium in it.
Stay with skim milk and lots of calcium pills. :D

How is everyone this evening? I got in my exercise today.
I cleaned both of our bathrooms and walked on the treadmill for 30 min.
Now I'm bushed.
Hope everyone is doing well OP.