Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 04:08 PM   #31  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Stacia, good job on dinner lastnight! Eating out is definitely difficult but it sounds like you made a very wise decision! Good for you!

Misty, that's great that you're doing so well! Keep up the fantastic work!

Elana, good work with the exercise! Wishing you all the best on Core!

As for me, I definitely think I made the right decision to get back OP while just getting over a cold. Today is the first day that I'm feeling "back to normal" and it's been easier to make healthier food choices. I managed to get in 6mi between yesterday and today and will walk at least 4 more tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to weighing in on Sunday... really hoping to see the scale move!

Anyway, I gotta run. DD has ballet in a bit. Hope you all have a great day. Take care and best wishes.

~mel
Old 09-26-2006, 07:00 PM   #32  

Hey chicks, I didn't weigh in Today, i am going to do it in the morning, got up late, and forgot until this afternoon.

Hugs,
Donna
Old 09-27-2006, 10:19 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'7"

Can I just say Thank you again ladies for letting me in here! I am feeling so motivated!! Yesterday I did 4.30 miles on the eliptical! woo!! I came home to find my DH had cooked dinner and he did good! Steaks, rice and aspargus! I was very proud of him! Tonight he is on his own with pizza though, I am getting home late from the gym and I will be eating my salad that is waiting for me.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:14 PM   #34  
a whole new mel

Stacia, wow, good job on the eliptical! That's phenom! Keep up the great work!

Donna, how'd WI go? Any lbs lost to report?

Everyone else, hope you're having a happy and healthy day!

As for me, I've walked another 4mi today. And food is right on target. I'm really hoping to see some good results over the next month. We're going away for a few days in mid-November so it would be nice to go a few lbs lighter... maybe even at GW?

Just out of curiosity, do any of you reward yourselves when you reach a certain point in your weight loss?

Anyway, I'm off for now. Take care and best wishes!

~mel
Old 09-27-2006, 06:45 PM   #35  

Mel, no change, I maintained this week, but I did lose 15 pounds in the past 2 weigh ins, so I am happy. i didn't do real well this week, but I am back on track now, and back to doing the treadmill each night with DH, we challenge each other to go 1 minute more each night.

Hugs,
Donna
Old 09-28-2006, 09:03 AM   #36  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Morning all. Sorry I've been MIA, I've been lurking a bit, seems like everyone is hanging in there. I'm chugging along as well. Watched The Biggest Loser last night. I watched the first season from beginning to end and haven't really watched it again until now. It was a good show. It is so exciting to watch them weigh in and lose like 20 lbs in one week, that's the guys but one lady lost 14lbs, geez I'd have been happy to be the woman who lost 4 lbs! Anyway not much new going on, busy with work and trying to catch up on sleep. Take care all, have a great day!
Old 09-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #37  
a whole new mel

Donna, wow 15lbs in the last 2 WI's, that's fantastic progress! WTG! Keep up the great work! And good for you for getting back OP... and challenging yourself on the treadmill!

Jen, I watched TBL last night too, it's so motivating to see them work so hard for what they want. I like that they're having some of the contestants do it from home, it just goes to show that we can do it without having to go to a ranch with trainers and such. I wonder how many calories they burned hauling all that sand in the challenge???

Everyone else... !

Things here continue to be good. No exercise planned for today, I might squeeze in a WATPs DVD later, I dunno, we'll have to see how things go. Nothing else to report.

Hope you all have a great day!

~mel
Old 09-28-2006, 04:25 PM   #38  

Hello, Hello, Hello!!

OMG I am SWAMPED right now. I have something planned every weekend for like the next 5 weeks, it's nuts! I am struggling with my exercise, water and food are ok. But I am not losing, maybe not doing as great on my eating as I think I am.

I don't have internet at the place where I babysit anymore, so getting online is hard. I am used to being able to pop in several times a day. Maybe I should break out the laptop and the treadmill and catch up with everyone. You guys are doing so great!!!!

Keep up the great work Stacia!!! Eating out is hard! You made great choices!!!

Mel-Way to go on the exercise; 4 miles is awesome!!

Jen-Slow and steady...we can do this! Hang in there with me...I need ya!

Donna-Staying the smae is great...really you don't want to go too fast, it's good you leveled off a bit this week. Stick with it you'll see a nice loss next week!

I couldn't watch BL, the two hour intro was too annoying to me, I just did not ahev the attention span to watch that for two hours. Then this week I have been so tired I haven't watched naything at all. I have been in bed by 8 or 8:30 all week! I wish I could afford TiVo! But like DH says I don't ahve time to watch it now, why would I have time later? LOL

Well off to clean...does it ever end? have a fabulous night!!!!
Old 10-01-2006, 05:21 PM   #39  

Default My pledge for this week

1. Stay on Core daily
2. Four sessions of exercise

My home scale says I am down 1 lb. since I started Y, but I am going to use the WW weigh-in as a more accurate way of checking.

Wishing everyone a good week--
Old 10-02-2006, 01:18 PM   #40  
a whole new mel

WI went well for me this week, I'm down 3lbs! <--- Yes, that's me celebrating! Seven lbs left to go. I'm hoping that this time next week, I'll be 1/2 way to my 10lb-lost goal. That definitely means eating OP and exercising a fair bit. I wish I could just wish the weight away.

The last 10lbs have always been so difficult for me... I get *SO* close and then give up. Why is that? Anyway, I refuse this time. I'm so determined to get there and hopefully before the end of this month.

I hope all of you are doing well... keep up the fantastic work, ladies! 29 more days to go in this challenge!

~mel
Old 10-02-2006, 11:38 PM   #41  

Well, I weighed in this AM and am down to 269, so I lost another pound!!
Mel, way to go.

Hugs,
Donna
Old 10-05-2006, 06:59 AM   #42  

Hi all!

Elana-I hope that WW scale has a good number too!

3 pounds!!! Great job Mel!!!

Donna you are just rockin'!!! Great job again this week!!!!

My weight is up, my stress is up. I have totallly failed this challenge...what's new there you know LOL. It's insane here right now. I don't know what I need to do to get my act together. I've been journalling, writing down things to do instead of eating...I have like 80 so far. I'm just not sticking to anything. I guess I need to start small and work on water, or exercise, or something for a week.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:08 AM   #43  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Sorry to hear that things are insane, I know you've got a lot on your plate with your new job, looking after the kids, your husband and the house and your babysitting. It's a good thing that your sitting job will be over soon, please I beg you don't take another one!!! You are making next to no money at it and it isn't worth it. At least it would free up some time for YOU and make your life a little less insane. If you feel that things are out of control pick one thing that you can effect change on ie drinking more water and work on that goal instead of getting too stressed about everything else.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:31 PM   #44  

Mel--Seven pounds left is fantastic! I just found the Featherweights forum here recently (I think it is part of Support Groups--small clubs/groups). You might want to check it out.

What is everyone doing about that pesky Halloween candy? Last year I tried buying it and hiding it, but truthfully I knew where it was so that didn't do much good. THis year I am planning to only buy things I hate (Mounds, Almond Joy, Butterfingers--no offense to anyone who likes those). No matter what my choc. craving is, I know I wouldn't eat any of those.

Had a great kickboxing class last night except when she added complicated kick-while-rotating choreography. I go to kickboxing for simple moves--if I wanted to look like a klutz, I could always go back to Step class!
Old 10-05-2006, 02:59 PM   #45  
a whole new mel

I hope everyone's having a good Thursday!

Donna, congrats on the 1lb! That's fantastic! Keep up the great work!

Misty, I'm sorry that things are so stressful for you right now... definitely sounds as though you've got a lot on the go. I agree with Jen, try focusing on one thing (water, exercise, etc) instead of worrying about the whole deal. And don't think you've failed this challenge, you've still got plenty of time... so don't give up!

Jen, hope everything is good with you!

Elana, I'll definitely check out the Featherweights forum. Thanks for suggesting it. As for the Halloween candy issue, we're not buying ANY. In the three years we've lived here, we haven't had a single trick*or*treater and yet, every year, we buy buckets of candy (mostly chocolate bars, but other stuff too). So we (and by we, I mean: I) end up eating it. And then spend the month leading up to the holidays sulking that I've just consumed a truckload of calories at which time, I'm seriously depressed that I continue to binge on naughty things. It's a very vicious cycle. So it's better that I just don't have access to it to begin with. Good for you for buying all the stuff you hate... that's another way to do. I, unfortunately, have never met something sweet that I didn't like. On a different note, wow, kickboxing, that sounds exciting! I'm sure you did just fine! Keep up the great work!

As for me, everything is going good. I was naughty the other night and had McDonalds... don't worry, I learned my lesson. Felt very sick yesterday. So no more! But I'm back OP and am hoping to see movement on the scale on Sunday! Guess we'll see...!

Anyway, DD isn't feeling well, so I'm off to take care of her. Have a great day, take care and best wishes!

~mel
Closed Thread