Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 08:19 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all, feeling a bit better this morning and I wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing. It is so cold here! below freezing today and this is kind of early for Indianapolis to have below freezing temps. But mother nature has her ways I guess. We actually had a few snow flurries here yesterday...

I have to say that I just love my Pilates class! Has anyone else taken a pilates class yet? I really am enjoying it and will have to look for another one once this one ends... the one that I take now is sponsored by the school district so there is a long winter break when there are no classes offered... I will have to look around and see what there is available. The work out fits me to a T and I feel wonderful when I am done.

Well I hope that all is well with everyone. Have a happy day!
Susan
Old 10-25-2006, 10:39 AM   #62  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hola my buddies!

How is everyone doing? I haven't had a chance to read all the posts, but here goes:

Susan: Congrats on the wonderful compliment - I know how great you must have felt. And what a great boss you have - a trip to Hawaii?? Soooo !

Jen: Sorry to hear you've been stuggling, but I know that you will get back on track quickly. Keep thinking about those 30 lbs gone - what a great accomplishment, my friend.

Es, Amiga: Great news about the new townhouse - sounds wonderful. Will David be coming with you? Are you already moved in. Good luck!

Ipa: Sorry to hear you had the flu. Hope you are doing better now.

Sek: !

ZoeGirl: How's it going? How's the beautiful Miss Rylea? Do you get to see her alot? I cracked up when you said something about your daugher and her husband being able to visit her (the baby) at your house, lololol!

Sandy: How are you? How is Mike doing at the new job? Hope he likes it.
How are the boys?

Hi Terri: How are things? How are the kids? And how is Britts doing with her new boyfriend?

Well, as you can imagine, I've been a bit busy with the wedding stuff. It is 5 weeks from this coming Saturday I can't believe how calm Alana and Sal are - I need to take a page from their book - literally - its the bible! I think that's what's keeping them so cool, calm and collected. Alana and I went for her second fitting last week and that went well. She looks so beautiful! And that's without all the trimmings, hair done, jewelry, make-up, etc.

I can't imagine what its going to be like seeing her walk down the aisle - OMG, I'm really gonna have a hard time. And Willie, who acts like he'll be fine everytime Alana mentions him walking her down the aisle - well, the other night he was just staring into space and when I asked him what was wrong, he just said "I don't know how I'm gonna give her away", awww, I feel like crying right now, lol!!! Anyway, things are going on schedule, responses are coming in like crazy. So, we'll just keep on keeping on.

Willie and I have been going to the gym 3-4 days a week and I've lost 4 of the 5 lbs I wanted to lose for the wedding and with a little more than 5 weeks to go, I certainly think I'll lose that last one and hopefully maybe 1 or 2 more. I want to be able to actually breathe in my gown and maybe even eat and dance

Well, let me get back to work, justed wanted to catch up with you's guys. Have a great day everyone.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-26-2006, 08:31 AM   #63  

Default Question?

Ok ladies, I need to ask a question cause I am dealing with something that is driving me crazy so I am hoping to get some advise or suggestions or just see if anyone else has dealt with the same thing... has anyone had to deal with their hair thinning? At first I thought it might be due to stress or the weight loss but I am not so sure anymore... I really do not have a ton of hair loss or balding in my family and none of the females that I can remember had any problems with it so I am just really not understanding what is going on.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old 10-26-2006, 07:14 PM   #64  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Susan,
I've got a bit of receding at my hairline, but I know it's heredity. Two of my brothers have balding. I'm luck in that I can cover it up with bangs!
Is it possible you're not including enough fat in your daily meals? My sister-in-law was taking Xenical for weight loss some years back (which flushes fat from your body) and began to experience hair loss. It was from not enough fat in her daily diet. Could be worth a look. Let us know.

Dianne,
What an exciting time for the family! I loved every minute of it. Got tears in my eyes when I read what Willie said. It will be a bittersweet moment for him, as well as for you. Good thing Alana is calm, cool and collected! Shows she's made the right choice.

HI to everyone.
~Jen
Old 10-26-2006, 08:49 PM   #65  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Finally Back!

This is turning into a "Plateau Month". And that's yucky. I've decided to go on A STREAK!

These last five days of October, I'm gonna go all out. My goal is to be ONE @#$%&** lousy POUND down from where I am right now by Nov. 1.

That makes my itty teeny goal to be 141.5 pounds by next Tuesday. C'mon , self! You can DO it!!!

Right you guys???

Ipa [Who weighed 142.5 lb this morning]
Old 10-27-2006, 08:43 AM   #66  

Jenny: Thanks for the info... I am due for my yearly check up on Wednesday and I will be talking to my doctor about it also. I really think that I get enough fat and protein along with calcium. I take lots of supplements also. I am going to review everything with my doctor and see what she has to say... I am just beside myself right now about the whole thing and the more I read the more upset I get.

Ipa: Best wishes and yes you can do it... drink lots of water and you will be fine .

Susan
Old 10-27-2006, 09:05 PM   #67  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Still sticking to my STREAK! Being kinda radical about it, but I'm in that kind of mood. Down to 140 this morning ...so I made the 1 LOUSY POUND goal, but can I hold the line?

I WANT to be under 140 SO BAAAAD by Halloween!!!!

Ipa
Old 10-29-2006, 06:05 PM   #68  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Jumping in to say HI to everyone.
Have been up since 6, well, 5 after changing the clocks, and I love this day when we change the clocks! It's such a looong Sunday.

Last night we went to Joey and Iliana's for their 1st Annual Halloween Party. It was so much fun. I was a witch, Joe went as a brain donor, with a brain in a jar labelled "Abbe Normal" (from Young Frankenstein) Lots of great costumes, the boys were there as well so we got our grandson fix.

We're heading outside to have a fire in the chimenea. It's been an absolutely GORGEOUS day, sunny and crisp.

AND my Bears whooped butt! We are 7 and 0! It's a fun season.

Have a great week,
~Jen
Old 10-31-2006, 12:42 PM   #69  

Default Howdy!

I just wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing... W/I did not go so well this Saturday but since it is that TOM for me I did not expect it to but I always hate to see a gain no matter what the reason.

Going to the doctor tomorrow for my yearly and my mamogram and I am very eager to talk to her about some very strange things that have been going on with my body lately... You know, they really should give us a users manual for our bodies when they pass them out to us... because who knew that your body could turn into a completely foreign object once we hit middle age? Argh! Frustrated and ready for some answers... I swear if she tells me that I am still too young to be going thru Menopause I will just scream! It has to be that... I could not imagine what else would cause the things that I have been seeing lately... if it isn't menopause then I want to change this body in for another once cause mine is defective

Ok, I feel better now so anyway... how is everyone else doing?

Susan

Last edited by Princess1122; 10-31-2006 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:48 AM   #70  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone

yes, I've been MIA again. Between work and home (and Miss Rylea, of course), I have had a whirl wind October.

I'm home today, sick so this will be short. I have an upper respiratory infection AND strep! Gee, how nice.

I've lost another 3.7 lbs since my last post so I'm down 15 lbs now. Woo Hoo! Only 24 more to my goal. Congrats to all of you BIG LOSERS. I see some of you are doing great.

I can't address everyone today.....gotta lay my head down. I just wanted to stop in so you's didn't think I went "poof" again.

Have a great Thursday and I will post my next loss on Saturday's WI. (I'm so optomistic, huh? )
Old 11-03-2006, 08:38 AM   #71  

Default Happy Friday!

Morning all!

Zoe: Congrats! Your weight loss is wonderful!

Well the doctor was not much help and basically refered me to a dermatologist and ordered some blood work. Oh well... I would scream about it but I am just too worn out right now.

I will check back later on when I am feeling better but have a great weekend all!
Susan
Old 11-03-2006, 05:52 PM   #72  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Zoe,
Whoo hoo good going on the loss! Hope that you feel better soon.

Susan,
It is frustrating when you feel you'll get answers from the dr., only to have to go thru more waiting. Have a good weekend, hang in there

Zoe,
How did the move go? I've missed you!

Have been under the weather here as well. Took yesterday off work, went to the dr. today. Have a sinus infection accompanied by really severe headaches. The dr. explained that there's no such thing as a sinus headache, but rather they are migraines caused by sinus blockage. Who knew? As long as they go away I don't care what they're called.

Jess, Michael and the boys will visit this weekend and spend the night tomorrow until Sunday. Joe and I will get our grandson fix Jess and I are going shopping tomorrow just for fun, I can't wait ! $$$

HI Terri, Dianne (wedding is NEXT month! EEK) Sandy (how are you?) and anyone else I may have unintentionally missed.

have a great weekend... GO BEARS!!!
~Jen
Old 11-04-2006, 08:20 AM   #73  

Hi Buddies,

I think I have become a champ at going poof! I missed everyone.
Things have been fine but free time seems nonexistent. My job has required overtime for 2 reasons.
1) when we are busy at the beginning of the term and
2) in order to earn comp time for the Christmas week shutdown.

I only get 2 weeks vacation a year and I did not want to use 4 days of it for Christmas week or to take it without pay. So even if we are not busy I have to work extra hours to earn comp time. I am almost there, just 1 hour to go and I can leave work on time again.
I am planning to start back to the gym and WW now that I can think straight again. I hope that it will last!

Mike likes his job, it seems to be a fun application for his talents, the people are basically a lot younger and like to party a lot. The company appears to be growing too, as they have hired a number of people since he came on board.
Dave quit his job in medical records in August and has been a waiter at the Macaroni Grill since then. I think he is having more fun and earns about 50% more as a waiter. He is also continuing to do the Improv and sketch writing, he is currently taking an acting class too.
Greg has dropped the acting, he went into the honors college at UMass and is studying political science and history. He is stressed right now with a really demanding workload, but I think he is hanging in there.

Hi Susan, I expect that perimenopause might be what is going on. It is such a long process before actual menopause, I had lots of mysterious stuff in my 40's before I was done. It feels like a second adolescence sometimes. Read up about it, but work with your doctor too. Take care of yourself!
Jen and Zoe, Hope you both get well really quickly, I have been battling a cold and sinus trouble for the past 2 weeks.
Dianne, lots of excitement for the wedding, it sounds as if everyone knows how to celebrate and enjoy. I love hearing about it.
Es, Good luck with your move, tell us about the new place when you get to take a breath again.

Hi Terri, and welcome Ipa!

Luv ya's
Sandy
Old 11-04-2006, 11:04 AM   #74  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Today was Weigh Day!

I'm so excited.....for the first time in probably a YEAR, I am sticking to it and staying OP. At my WI this morning, I lost another 2.8 lbs for a grand total of 18!! (well, according to my little scale thingy on my signature it's 18 but it's really 17.8) I've done this in 7 weeks. Now, a few years ago, I could have done 18 pounds in a month, easy.....but I've hit the big 5-0 so I'm thinking this is as good as it will get......and I'm HAPPY!

Sandy and Susan ~ Speaking about menopause and PRE-menopause, I thought I was actally HOME FREE....no more TOM....once in January of this year and then again in April.....woo hoo....I'm free, I'm free....then, September 18th, WHAM!! Anyway.....I have absolutely NO symptoms, no problems.....it just won't go away.

Jen ~ The move went smooth and now Miss Rylea is in her own home. Ok, so her momma and daddy didn't think my idea was a good one....them visiting her here whenever they wanted. She is in daycare and I can "see" her any time I want because they have video cameras and we have a login to watch. I love watching her. Oh, have a GREAT visit and get all you can of that "grandson fix".

Dianne ~ How's those wedding plans going? I feel for ya. It's such a job, most especially at the point you're at.....always something to do, something NOT to forget...but no matter what, it will be great and she will be beautiful. And as you may have read above, they didn't go for the "visit her anytime you want" deal.

Ipa, Dunwthfat, and Sek Sorry I didn't welcome you sooner. I tend to get busy here. Hope you're loving our group.

Well, gotta run.....I have so much to do with a few swaps (scrapbooking). I am in a few Yahoo groups as well as an owner on one.....they keep me hoping but I love it.

Terri and Es (hope I didn't miss anyone)

have a great Saturday

Last edited by Zoe; 11-04-2006 at 12:12 PM. Reason: added
Old 11-05-2006, 06:50 PM   #75  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hi Girls

The move was hectic but we're in. My big screen TV got messed up but I guess things could've been worse. It's replaceable.

I missed you guys. Zoe, way to go with your loss!!!!!!!!!! That is so cool that you can see Rylea on video. Good luck with your scrapbooks. You're really good at it.

Sandy, glad to hear Mike likes his job & all is well with the boys. Focusing on WW & exercising will make you feel great. Here's to you my friend.

Jen, I hope you're feeling better. Nice that Jess, Mike & the boys spent the weekend. I know how much you love having them.

Amiga, the wedding is so close.What you said about Willie... Thank God Alana is calm.

Hi Terri & Britt Hi Susan & Ipa.

Have to get back to unpacking some boxes. Be back soon.

Luv u's
Es
Closed Thread