3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Thursday Chatters for August (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/90714-thursday-chatters-august.html)

Tammy 08-03-2006 10:47 AM

Thursday Chatters for August

Do you know how hard that was to type August??? School will be starting soon!! Okay everyone!! This is a thread for people who weigh-in on Thursday, or who used to weigh in on Thursday, or who have never weighed in on Thursday, or whatever!! Most of us follow the WW plan, but some of us do our own thing.

We are here to support each other in our weighloss journey and to solve all of the problems in the world. We are also here to just be friends and help each other with any battles we are up against. A great group if I do say so myself!

Tammy 08-03-2006 08:12 PM

Susan, I am never going to have the surgery you just had. Remind me of that, will you if if ever comes up?

Antique shopping with Carol and Melissa tomorrow (my December shopping buddies). Carol loves antiques and her house is beautiful. Melissa and I enjoy looking, but we like doing lunch even better!!

Hope it's cooler tomorrow. Otherwise, I may just sit somewhere in air conditioning.

Tina 08-03-2006 10:34 PM

Tammy, Tammy, Tammy------Thank you for starting us off.
My days have been totally mixed up this week-not to mention it being a new month. Whew, where has the summer been going????!!!!

Susan, you deserve a medal for not kicking that doctor. Pat is great for keeping you at home.

David has an interview tomorrow. It's not with the criminal court. (They're dragging there feet there.) They keep saying that the position is still open and they are reviewing all the applications. Who knows. I just hope this one tomorrow will work out. It's a contract job. That's okay, though, just so it pays money.

I've been such a good girl today. I didn't count my points but I ate OP. I just had a Diet Coke. I hope that doesn't cause water retention because I'm weighing tomorrow. :o
Tammy, have fun with your friends. I don't like antiques. They're too old. :)

Maureen, have a great vacation.
Where is everyone else????? Come on now you people. Do I have to come through the computer and grab you. :p

:flow1:

Loodie 08-05-2006 12:16 PM

Popping in to say Hi

I loved the opening of this month's thread, Tammy ("This is a thread for people who weigh-in on Thursday, or who used to weigh in on Thursday, or who have never weighed in on Thursday, or whatever!! Most of us follow the WW plan, but some of us do our own thing."). I guess I fit into the used to weigh in on Thursday & do our own thing sections.

I get over here to read posts, but don't have a lot of time to post myself--being that I usually read them at work ;) . As of 3:30 on Friday though I am officially on vacation for 1 1/2 weeks, so I am being lazy, not doing my Saturday housework & catching up with my friends.

Susan, I certainly hope that the end result of your surgery is wonderful--you deserve it after the pain.

Tammy, sorry to hear about your principal. I think of you every time I drive to OH--about the time I go through Richmond & think that someday we should try to meet for lunch. Somewhere in my absence from here, I missed what happened with your health. Taking meds & switching or reducing is really scary. I know when my RA meds are adjusted, I get really nervous. I always think "I know how to deal with what I am doing now--don't mess with me!", but then dutifully do what the dr. tells me to do--it usually works out.

Tina, you are always a bit of sunshine, I hope David's job search ends soon.

My hubby still is not finding any open pulpits in the Indy area that are not youth ministry related--He is too old to be a youth pastor, so we continue to live in Indiana & Ohio.

My daughter lost her job in May (the Friday before Mother's Day) and has not had any luck finding something as everywhere wants a college degree & she quit after 1 year due to health & depression. (She had had 3 hip surgeries in 3 years & the last 1 week before the fall semester started). She was a supervisor for a customer service call center for a cell phone company in N. WI and when she moved here a year ago was supervising a call center for a Credit Card Company. We started talking about if she was really happy doing what she had been doing -- NO! So then we talked about what she would like to do. She wants to work with young kids and has since high school--on top of that she is really good with kids & has the patience of a saint with even the out of control ones. She proved that this summer when she took over the care of her roommate's 7 year boy who has ADD. She was really good with him. She was still trying to decide when she got a note from her church (of over 2000 members) asking if she would be interested in a paid position as childcare provider on Wednesday evenings & some Sunday mornings. She had filled out a talent sheet & said she would be interested in helping with Childcare (she assumed on a volunteer basis). She had started looking at schools offering a degree in a field in child care & somehow that offer from the church seemed to be God's answer telling her that she needed to re-career & go back to school. She enrolled at Ivy Tech that offers an Associate's Degree & will transfer credits to a 4 year if she wants later on. She is taking the placement test on Monday & had just cashed in her 401K which was enough to pay her car payments for the rest of this year, pay off credit cards, pay for 1 full year of school & some left for savings. God is so good to see to our needs.

I am now 5 months post-op from the RNYGP surgery and have lost 75#. I am really feeling good. I am truly blessed to have not had any bad after effects. I have 50 pounds to go & hope to get there by the end of the year. I can eat most anything without fear of rejection (eggs just don't agree though). I won't be allowed to eat bread, beef, apples or drink carbonated beverages until next January, but other than that I eat anything, except the things I will never be able to tolerate like foods with high sugar & high fat & alcohol. I am off all high blood pressure meds & will be done with the gall stone & acid reflux meds in September. After that the only things I will need to take are my Rheumatoid Arthritis meds & the supplements (2 each of multivitamin, calcium, fish oil, also iron, B12 & protein). I feel so blessed to have had such good results. I do mourn over the loss of my clothes though. I spent years building up a nice professional wardrobe & have had to give it all away. I just donated all my 2 piece suits & wool blazers to "Dress for Success". They give them to women who are trying to improve their lives & just getting into the job market. Good news is that I can fit into the suit I got married in 13 years ago, so just took it to the cleaners & will be able to wear that. My hubby will really be surprised.

Well, sorry this has been so long--guess I should post more often. Stay Cool all. It is only supposed to be in the mid to upper 80's this week here.

Tina 08-05-2006 12:42 PM

Happy Saturday! :D :) :)

Loodie it is so good to hear from you. I really do think about you often and wonder how the surgery went. You sound great. I'm thrilled that you're doing well and losing all that weight.
It's so interesting what you cannot eat. It all makes sense.
I'm happy for your daughter. I hope David has luck soon.

Sis, are you still lurking out there.
Mimi, it's been way too long, girl.

Tammy 08-05-2006 11:00 PM

Tina, hope David's interview went well. Tell those other people to get on the ball!!! I'm not really into antiques either. I bought a butterfly pin, a Dave Barry book, soap, and lotion. Big spender. Also ate breakfast and lunch!

Loodie, you probably know where we went antique shopping. Centerville, Indiana, close to Richmond. I kind of got on a roll and was tired when I was typing that opening. Sometimes I get a little weird. lol Enjoy your time off!!! My health has been up and down and mostly down for a while. I have Fibromyalgia which is definitely up and down. I also have arthritis in my lower spine that is just getting worse. I know I need to get back to the pool and do exercises to help alleviate the pain. I had letters from 2 doctors about me not teaching this year. The school board has approved it, but I'm going to try to go some days to help out with intervention/tutoring. I know for sure I won't be there everyday. I'll be lucky if I go in 2-3 whole days a week. I will offically retire the end of February.

How great for your daughter! God is awesome!! 75 pounds!!! Way to go!!

We really do need to get together since we are kind of close. Tim will be going to Ball State in Muncie starting on Friday (early band week). If I'm not going to school as much, maybe we can meet when you are on your way through.

Played Bingo with a friend tonight. It was a fund raiser for a local fire department. We had so much fun! We laughed a lot. We booed people that won! Aren't we awful???? lol I won twice, and my friend booed for me!! I'm sitting here laughing while I'm thinking about it.

I need to go to bed. Long day.

Tina 08-07-2006 09:52 AM

Happy Monday,
I can tell this is going to be a good week for us. Let's all stay OP.

Tammy, you had fun on your antique shopping trip and your Bingo night. Things like that are so much fun.....kicking back and letting loose. :D
When does Tim leave for school---is it this Friday? I know that is going to be so hard on you and Bob. Been there, done that! Saturdays were the hardest on us at first. It was so quiet. :o

I miss all the group! Where are y'all???

I posted on the Weigh-In thread that we should start a Labor Day Challenge. We can see how much we can lose in a short period of time. What do you think?

Tammy 08-07-2006 10:47 AM

We take Tim to Muncie on Friday at 10:30. He'll be moving in to his regular room since the band is using his dorm and the one next door for band camp. Lucky him! He won't have to move out of that room and into another one a few days later. On Friday, he'll have until 1:30 to work on his room before he goes to the Music building for percussion conditioning, then tryouts later in the evening. We'll be on pins and needles till we hear what he'll be playing.

On many Saturdays we'll be at Ball State because of Football games. We'll be able to see him from a distance. We'll stay overnight, then spend time with him on Sunday before coming home.

As for the challenge, I'd like to see my butterfly move from the 1 to the 4 on my tracker. It isn't much. My doctor told me the other day to start thinking small instead of the BIG picture. A pound a week to lose. I'm going to start taking one of my meds less often because he thinks it might be part of my problem. It's one to help with the pain, and I don't think it really helps that much. I'm still hurting.

BJLewis 08-08-2006 09:21 AM

I have my first weigh in on Thurs-- so I want to join the group!! lol

Tina 08-08-2006 09:48 AM

BJ :welcome3:
We're so happy to have your join us.
Good luck tomorrow.

Hey group-------let's all post something here tomorrow.
How about the Labor Day Challenge!!!

BJLewis 08-08-2006 11:18 AM

thanks for the welcome:carrot:

I am pretty siked right now-- but nervous about my first weigh in--

I hope it is good and keeps me motivated--

Tammy 08-08-2006 06:09 PM

Welcome BJ!!!! Good luck on Thursday! We chat about all kinds of things on here, so feel free to join in! My tracker only shows 10 pounds. I doing it in smaller increments now. I need to lose at least 50, if not more. Right now getting the first 10 off is my main concern.

Talked to the supt. today. He told me that I looked better than he had seen me in ages. He followed that up with, of course you've been home and not under the stress here at school. I told him that I plan to try and start the year, but I'm not sure how often I'll be there.

Tina 08-09-2006 10:54 AM

Happy Wednesday. :D It's such a beautiful day. It's too pretty to exercise. Did I say that! :lol: :lol: I'm just not in the mood but my tummy shows me that exercise is needed. :lol:

Susan, are you still among the living??? How is your nose doing?

Tammy, I know you and Bob and Tim are getting excited.

Maureen, have fun on your trip.
Karla, Jennifer, Terry, Christine, etc., etc., etc., where are y'all?????

Sis, when does your daughter start school? Is it after Labor Day? How are you doing weight-wise? How is work????

Mimi, are you still lurking around????? Please post something!
Amy, how are you? Did you get all your school clothes over the No Tax weekend?

I am sure I've left someone out. Please forgive me. Everyone on this thread is important to all of us.

Tammy 08-09-2006 06:17 PM

Tina, I cried a little bit today. Went for lunch with Melissa and Carol. After Carol left, Melissa hung around for a while and we talked. Got teary eyed. When she was leaving, I heard her talking to Tim about leaving. It just really got to me. I have to be strong on Friday when we leave over there. He needs to be focused on that percussion audition. I don't want him thinking about what a wuss his mom is. lol

We went out for Mexican tonight. I had a shrimp quesadilla. Yummy!

I agree about the exercising! This morning I was up and had lots of things finished before 8:00. Now that doesn't just happen every day!

auntie 08-10-2006 08:09 PM

Surprise, it's me!!!!

I am among the living. I'm so tired, I'll be glad when I'm back to the old me. I started school on Monday (meetings), Tuesday (got the room ready) and Wednesday Bam kids started. Not being at full speed yet.

I got a 6th student today. She is from Ecuador. Her dad speech english and mom only spanish. The little girl signs some in spanish.... it was an interesting day. Mom stayed with us all day. Talk about a communcation barrier. She is a cutie!!!! She is paralyzed on one side of her body.

Otherwise, I'm doing ok. It's good to here from all of you. Sorry I have posted more.

Tammy, give Tim a hug for us!!!

Tina, I don't know about there but it is still in the 100's here and we've had no rain at all!!!!!

Tammy 08-11-2006 05:14 PM

Susan, I was wondering how your week was going. Get some rest this weekend!

Took Tim today. I did great. Didn't cry till we pulled away.

Tim called a while ago. He had percussion conditioning all afternoon. He has decided that he sucks, and he won't be chosen to play any of the instruments. I tried to be positive. He IS good, but I know he is nervous. Right now I just feel sick for him. The tryouts start at 6 tonight. I'll be a mess till he calls after the tryouts.

Going to school this week to meet with the new principal and the ladies I'll be working with in the resource room.

auntie 08-11-2006 10:31 PM

Tammy, I'm sorry that you had a hard time when you pulled away. I would have too. I know it's part of growing up but I know it's really hard letting your baby go away. Tim is feeling it too, that's why he said he sucks. He doesn't!!!! We all know that, he is very talented.

Hope you like the people you will be working with. Tell them to be good to you or else we are coming up there. We stick together.

I'm ready for the weekend. Pat plays tomorrow and of course I'll stay home. I'll probably be in bed by 9

Tammy 08-12-2006 08:47 AM

Tim called us at 8:40 last night to say that he didn't make snare or bass drum. He wasn't giving up. He was going to audition for the "pit". That's the section that is usually in front of the band at football games that has xylophones, other drums, and who know what all. At midnight, he called to say he made the pit. He'll be playing field drum, which he says is like a snare only with no snares. The section leader told him that she had seen him at his tryouts on snare and bass, and knew he'd be a good addition to the section. That made him feel good. He missed making bass by one, and he wasn't sure about snare. BUT he's enthused about the pit!!

Susan, I'll warn the 3 ladies I'll be working with. I'm sure they'll be shaking in their shoes. I know they'll be fine to work with. I've known them for years. (Also they agree about the administration from our past!!)

Weekends are nice. Going to bed at 9 sounds great! I finally went to bed at 1:00 this morning after hearing from Tim finally. He's at practice already this morning.

Tina 08-12-2006 01:32 PM

Happy Saturday!
How is everyone doing today? Is it an OP day???? :)
Be sure to drink all your water. (I keep saying this to myself. :o )

BJ, how are you doing? Keep up the good work!

Susan, take it easy this weekend.

Tammy, I'm so happy for Tim. I know all of you were basket cases.
You did good leaving him at school. I know what you're going through right now.

Tammy 08-12-2006 01:53 PM

Tina, I've had a pretty good day food wise. I've had water. I also made a pitcher of Crystal Light Lemonade. Trying to drink that instead of Diet Pepsi so often. Bob brought home subs from Subway for lunch. I was doing things around here, and he had gone for a walk at the track. Oh, he also brought home some Blue Bunny ice cream. Chocolate Seduction. He said he thought we deserved it after yesterday!! lol

The full band gets together this afternoon to meet the new director. Jess was supposed to check in this morning, so this afternoon meeting will be the first that she and Tim have seen each other. I hope they both make other friends.

Tina 08-14-2006 04:09 PM

Hi all,
How is everyone today?
Karla, Jennifer, Terry-----what's going on?????
Sis, where are you?????

Susan, I hope school isn't too much for you after your surgery.

Tammy, how much longer before your school starts? Will you be there on the first day, or wait until tutoring is needed?

Maureen and Mimi, how are things in Canada?

I'm taking it easy today. I'm sure I lost a couple of pounds from yesterday. I had to be on a liquid diet. Yuck. I had a test early this morning. They didn't find anything wrong. I'm so relieved. I won't have to have that test for another 5 years. Yea!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
Eating broth and Jell-O isn't my idea of fun. :p
So, for lunch, Larry took me and David to Olive Garden. :T

Please post!

Tammy 08-14-2006 07:41 PM

Tina, you don't like broth and jello? silly girl!! NOT!!!! Glad things are ok. I think we should have all gone to the Olive Garden!! Next time call, and we'll meet you there.

We have 2 teacher work days, Aug. 24-25. I plan to go for those. The kids start on the 28th. I figure I'll go the first few days instead of using sick days right away. I'll probably only go 3 days that week. I plan to work my way back in gently. I really don't know how often I'll be there.

I talked to one of the other resource room teachers, Joyce. She met with the 1st grade teachers last week. They had already decided that they were going to use me every day for the first couple hours of school. Joyce said she laughed and told them that I wouldn't be there every day. They didn't understand why I wouldn't be. Joyce's sister has fibromyalgia, so she tried to explain it a little bit to them. She said she doesn't think that all of them get it. They don't understand about me taking sick days. She explained the doctors' letters and that the board has already approved the time off. One of them didn't believe her!!! Oh well.

I'll probably be helping with the testing that is done at the beginning of the year for the special reading program. That always takes so long, so with me there to help out, it shouldn't take as long.

I've done great on food and water today. Going to the dentist this morning sure helped. My mouth has been numb most of the afternoon.

auntie 08-14-2006 09:13 PM

Hey,
Today was one of the first days that I feel pretty good. So far my class is going good, I'm afraid to say anything, I might jinx it.

Tina, glad your test are finished! Liquid diet is not my kind of fun.

Tammy, I'm glad you are starting the year off slow!

Where is everyone? Well, I better get busy doing some school work and catch on General Hospital..... Silly huh? I've watched it since I was in high school.

Tammy 08-14-2006 09:41 PM

Susan, this year is going to be awesome for you!!! We'll think positive!!!

Since Bob and the doctor aren't even sure about me going back, I think I need to start slow. I don't want to listen to them say "I told you so".

It will be strange this year not spending time on school work. Wonder if I can handle that??? I laughed about General Hospital. I was hooked on Young and the Restless and Bold and Beautiful for years. Taped it and watched it. Not silly. I'm not even sure when I quit watching them.

My mouth is finally not numb. What a day! Bob got a small pizza for supper. I ate a few small pieces. I tracked them in my journal. I did have a small dish of Chocolate Seduction ice cream a while ago. It's good, but I wouldn't buy it again. I'm not going to tell Bob that since he surprised me with it. Love that guy!!

auntie 08-14-2006 09:48 PM

Tammy,
I hate for Pat to say "I told you so" Isn't that silly....

Oh I wanted to tell you, the little girl from Ecuador..... Her mom came to school with her again today. After school I was helping her with her home work ( circling the number of items 1-6) The prinicpal was talking to the mom in Spanish and mom told her "They told me she would never be able to do anything." When the principal told me that, I said "oh no, she has a lot that she can do, just wait and see." Mom said "they never worked with her there, she just drew lines." I almost cried. So I told Pat when I got home how it broke my heart, this little girl has potential she just hasn't been given the opportunity. Pat laughed and said "you've been looking for something to cry about." I almost laughed.... last night I told him I just felt like crying. He of course didn't understand.

Tammy 08-15-2006 10:47 AM

I am so glad that the little girl has you for a teacher Susan!!! I'm sure the mother is too! I would have cried too.

Very achy today. I noticed it yesterday, but it is really bad today. Maybe trying to go off of that pill was a mistake. I'll probably go back on it tomorrow if I still hurt like this.

Tina 08-15-2006 10:49 AM

Where is everyone?????

I started these Thursday threads back in 1997 or 98. I have never seen it so dead. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Little Sis 08-15-2006 05:58 PM

Hello ladies,
It is firery hot here in Texas today. We reached 101 with no breeze. :flame: Well the kids started school yesterday and then last night Jumper had soccer practice. Then Zacker stars Mothers Day Out Sept 5th. I will have 2 days a week to myself.:carrot:

Right now I feel ucky. I started an new medication yesterday and it is making me feel yuck.

Well I am off to help Brenden with his 5K homework.

Tammy 08-15-2006 08:41 PM

Hi Amy! I don't think I could handle that heat. No one near here has started school yet. Soon though. Hope you get to feeling better soon! Hope you were able to help with the homework.

I stink. Got a perm this afternoon. My back to school hairdo.

auntie 08-15-2006 10:10 PM

It has been quiet on the board lately.

Tina, I can't believe it's been that long ago since you started the thread. I'm sure glad that you did!!! :) Has David heard anything yet?

Tammy, you are such a sweetie! We've had almost 30 days of over 100 degree weather. I hate such HOT DRY summers.

Baby Sister forgot to tell ya'll that she has a STAPH infection!!!! I talked to her this morning and I could tell in her voice that she isn't feeling good. Of course, Jumper and Zacker are nick names that I've given her boys. Oh my I have names for them all! It's funny because they know that I call them that.

Amy, take care of yourself Tootsie!!!

Mimi, Karla, Jennifer, Maureen, where are ya'll? We miss you guys.

Tina 08-16-2006 06:26 PM

Well, I just wrote a long message and it disappeared. :-(
Hope everyone is okay today.
Tammy, how are you feeling? Did you get back on your meds?
How is Tim doing?
(I'll see if this post goes through and then write more later.)

Tammy 08-16-2006 09:33 PM

Susan, I like your nicknames that you give the kids!! Amy did fail to mention her problem. Hope you are feeling better soon Amy!!

Tina, I knew when I had trouble getting out of bed this morning that it wasn't going to be a good day. Bob commented about how bad I was feeling. He didn't know that I had stopped the med. He knows now. I started back on it today. I'll start with one a day, then go back to two a day sometime.

Tim called tonight. His roommate moved in today. Tim stopped in the room after supper and Doug and his family were there. He didn't get to talk much because he had band practice. In fact, he is still at band practice at 9:30.

We received a school calendar in the mail last week. There is a day in October that is supposed to be a no school day because of meetings not in our district. On the calendar it says we have school. I emailed the supt. about the mistake. Got a snotty reply printed in red and bold face. Well, I sent him a note that said that I thought he should look over the calendar that he had mailed to us and see if he can find a mistake on October 13. I then received another message thanking me for pointing out the mistake and for taking the time to go over the calendar. The only reason I went over it was to count my 120 days!!!! lol

Our county fair start on Friday. I plan to go to the band show on Monday night. My friend and her hubby have box seats and they have an extra one that they are going to let me use so I don't have to stand in line for a ticket or try to find a seat. It will be weird watching the band without Tim in it. My nephew is on bass drum though, so that will be fun. This Saturday my friend Carol will be playing steel drums on the fairgrounds at the big Gazebo. I think there are about 10 people that play them for different events around. I plan to go to watch her. Of course if it is rainy, very hot, or if I feel icky, I'll be home.

Hoping for a loss in the morning.

Tammy 08-18-2006 11:07 AM

Our chat thread must not be working. There aren't any messages since I posted the other day. HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT

Tina 08-18-2006 01:06 PM

I agree-----what's going on?????
No posts!
:( :( :o :(

Tina 08-18-2006 01:12 PM

Hi all,
Well, this morning was completely wasted!!!:p

I went to the opthamologist because the infected hair follicle under my eyebrow had turned into a hard place. I had to wait 2 weeks to get an appt.
Today I waited an hour to see the lady for 3 minutes!!!!
She said the place was a residual of the infected place and should be gone in another month. If not, come back. Yikes!
At least she didn't cut on me. :lol: But, there are many more exciting things I could've been doing.

I hope no one has been hurt or has fallen off the face of the earth. No postings!!!!!

auntie 08-18-2006 09:14 PM

Hanging on to the Earth here!

Friday could not have come soon enough for me! My girls were a little active the last could of days.

I went to the ENT and he checked my nose. He said all was healing well. It would be about another month or so before the swelling all goes away. He said that he thinks I'll have a lot of relief but he did say "now this doesn't cure your allergies" So I will keep taking allergy shots. We'll see how I do in the next couple of months.

It's still over 100 here. I'm ready for fall, but that means it will get down to 90.

Tammy 08-19-2006 05:44 PM

Tina, I'm glad the lady didn't cut on you! Ouch!! I agree about no posts here. Where is everyone?

Susan, glad you are healing. Hope things work out great for you!

It's in the low 80's today. Nice.

Just had an email from Tim. I printed it for Bob. 2 pages!! Lots to say. Sure miss that kid.

auntie 08-19-2006 09:55 PM

Nothing new here in my neck of the woods. Still hot and no rain in sight.

Amy's arm is still a mess. She is now on a steriod cream, and if it's not better on Monday or Tuesday, she will be put on steriods. I sure hope it gets better quick.

Tina, how is your eye? I'm glad she didn't cut on you but to wait an hour and only be seen for 3 minutes would have frustrated me.

Tammy, Does Tim like school? When does his classes start?

Everyone else post!!!!

Tina 08-19-2006 10:34 PM

Evening,
Amy, ouch!!!!! I'm so sorry you are hurting. Let us know how you're doing.

Susan, I'm so glad things are going well with your nose. :)

Tammy, that's great that Tim wrote a long e-mail. What all did he say???

Maureen, are you back from vacation.?
Terry, Karla, Jennifer, how are y'all doing?
Sis, Mimi, everyone else---we miss you!

Tammy 08-20-2006 01:52 PM

We are having the most perfect day today! The sky is a beautiful blue with a few clouds, the breeze is blowing, and it's in the upper 70's! I have the windows open, and I love it!! Bob is at the old house doing some yard work. A friend of his is there to help put a spouting back up that came loose. That guy is also going to paint the bathroom. There were a few spots that needed touched up and this guy said he had some paint and he would just do the whole thing. Bob just called, and they are debating whether they should paint the basement. It could probably use it. The last time it was painted was when I was still in high school. I'm sure it would brighten things up down there.

Tim loves it so far!! His classes start tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. He has been so busy with all of the band practices, that he really hasn't had time to stop and think. Today they don't have any practices, but the freshmen have a couple of meetings that they need to go to. Tonight his dorm has a meeting.

His 2 page letter talked about going to the mall and buying tshirts. Wanting to buy a John Belushi poster from Animal House. Band dance. Comments about the band. Comments about people's compliments about the band (new director this year, and it sound like a very positive thing). Roommates and other friends. He also wrote a nice paragraph about our old principal moving on!! Still makes me smile when I think about it!

He did tell me that a couple people who are in charge of the dorm are blaming the band for doing something to some bulletin boards and putting one of the pool tables up on chairs. Tim has been there since last Friday (11th). He was one of the first to move in. He said the bulletin boards look the same as they did then, and the pool table would be way too heavy to lift. He isn't happy that the band is being blamed for things that didn't happen.

Get better Amy!!!!

Time to take Kramer for a walk. We don't go very far because I have to carry him back. lol

I have to tell you about one of Tim's shirts that he bought. He said he won't bring it home to wear. He is going to Ball State University. The shirt says Ball U. That's it. I saw one once and said he'd better never wear one around me. He said Jessica bought one too.