3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Thursday Chatters for August (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/90714-thursday-chatters-august.html)

Tina 08-16-2006 06:26 PM

Well, I just wrote a long message and it disappeared. :-(
Hope everyone is okay today.
Tammy, how are you feeling? Did you get back on your meds?
How is Tim doing?
(I'll see if this post goes through and then write more later.)
:flow1:

Tammy 08-16-2006 09:33 PM

Susan, I like your nicknames that you give the kids!! Amy did fail to mention her problem. Hope you are feeling better soon Amy!!

Tina, I knew when I had trouble getting out of bed this morning that it wasn't going to be a good day. Bob commented about how bad I was feeling. He didn't know that I had stopped the med. He knows now. I started back on it today. I'll start with one a day, then go back to two a day sometime.

Tim called tonight. His roommate moved in today. Tim stopped in the room after supper and Doug and his family were there. He didn't get to talk much because he had band practice. In fact, he is still at band practice at 9:30.

We received a school calendar in the mail last week. There is a day in October that is supposed to be a no school day because of meetings not in our district. On the calendar it says we have school. I emailed the supt. about the mistake. Got a snotty reply printed in red and bold face. Well, I sent him a note that said that I thought he should look over the calendar that he had mailed to us and see if he can find a mistake on October 13. I then received another message thanking me for pointing out the mistake and for taking the time to go over the calendar. The only reason I went over it was to count my 120 days!!!! lol

Our county fair start on Friday. I plan to go to the band show on Monday night. My friend and her hubby have box seats and they have an extra one that they are going to let me use so I don't have to stand in line for a ticket or try to find a seat. It will be weird watching the band without Tim in it. My nephew is on bass drum though, so that will be fun. This Saturday my friend Carol will be playing steel drums on the fairgrounds at the big Gazebo. I think there are about 10 people that play them for different events around. I plan to go to watch her. Of course if it is rainy, very hot, or if I feel icky, I'll be home.

Hoping for a loss in the morning.

Tammy 08-18-2006 11:07 AM

Our chat thread must not be working. There aren't any messages since I posted the other day. HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT

Tina 08-18-2006 01:06 PM

I agree-----what's going on?????
No posts!
:( :( :o :(

Tina 08-18-2006 01:12 PM

Hi all,
Well, this morning was completely wasted!!!:p

I went to the opthamologist because the infected hair follicle under my eyebrow had turned into a hard place. I had to wait 2 weeks to get an appt.
Today I waited an hour to see the lady for 3 minutes!!!!
She said the place was a residual of the infected place and should be gone in another month. If not, come back. Yikes!
At least she didn't cut on me. :lol: But, there are many more exciting things I could've been doing.

I hope no one has been hurt or has fallen off the face of the earth. No postings!!!!!

auntie 08-18-2006 09:14 PM

Hanging on to the Earth here!

Friday could not have come soon enough for me! My girls were a little active the last could of days.

I went to the ENT and he checked my nose. He said all was healing well. It would be about another month or so before the swelling all goes away. He said that he thinks I'll have a lot of relief but he did say "now this doesn't cure your allergies" So I will keep taking allergy shots. We'll see how I do in the next couple of months.

It's still over 100 here. I'm ready for fall, but that means it will get down to 90.

Tammy 08-19-2006 05:44 PM

Tina, I'm glad the lady didn't cut on you! Ouch!! I agree about no posts here. Where is everyone?

Susan, glad you are healing. Hope things work out great for you!

It's in the low 80's today. Nice.

Just had an email from Tim. I printed it for Bob. 2 pages!! Lots to say. Sure miss that kid.

auntie 08-19-2006 09:55 PM

Nothing new here in my neck of the woods. Still hot and no rain in sight.

Amy's arm is still a mess. She is now on a steriod cream, and if it's not better on Monday or Tuesday, she will be put on steriods. I sure hope it gets better quick.

Tina, how is your eye? I'm glad she didn't cut on you but to wait an hour and only be seen for 3 minutes would have frustrated me.

Tammy, Does Tim like school? When does his classes start?

Everyone else post!!!!

Tina 08-19-2006 10:34 PM

Evening,
Amy, ouch!!!!! I'm so sorry you are hurting. Let us know how you're doing.

Susan, I'm so glad things are going well with your nose. :)

Tammy, that's great that Tim wrote a long e-mail. What all did he say???

Maureen, are you back from vacation.?
Terry, Karla, Jennifer, how are y'all doing?
Sis, Mimi, everyone else---we miss you!

Tammy 08-20-2006 01:52 PM

We are having the most perfect day today! The sky is a beautiful blue with a few clouds, the breeze is blowing, and it's in the upper 70's! I have the windows open, and I love it!! Bob is at the old house doing some yard work. A friend of his is there to help put a spouting back up that came loose. That guy is also going to paint the bathroom. There were a few spots that needed touched up and this guy said he had some paint and he would just do the whole thing. Bob just called, and they are debating whether they should paint the basement. It could probably use it. The last time it was painted was when I was still in high school. I'm sure it would brighten things up down there.

Tim loves it so far!! His classes start tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. He has been so busy with all of the band practices, that he really hasn't had time to stop and think. Today they don't have any practices, but the freshmen have a couple of meetings that they need to go to. Tonight his dorm has a meeting.

His 2 page letter talked about going to the mall and buying tshirts. Wanting to buy a John Belushi poster from Animal House. Band dance. Comments about the band. Comments about people's compliments about the band (new director this year, and it sound like a very positive thing). Roommates and other friends. He also wrote a nice paragraph about our old principal moving on!! Still makes me smile when I think about it!

He did tell me that a couple people who are in charge of the dorm are blaming the band for doing something to some bulletin boards and putting one of the pool tables up on chairs. Tim has been there since last Friday (11th). He was one of the first to move in. He said the bulletin boards look the same as they did then, and the pool table would be way too heavy to lift. He isn't happy that the band is being blamed for things that didn't happen.

Get better Amy!!!!

Time to take Kramer for a walk. We don't go very far because I have to carry him back. lol

I have to tell you about one of Tim's shirts that he bought. He said he won't bring it home to wear. He is going to Ball State University. The shirt says Ball U. That's it. I saw one once and said he'd better never wear one around me. He said Jessica bought one too.

Tina 08-20-2006 06:01 PM

I laughed when I read that Tammy had to carry Kramer back from their walks. It sounds like something I'd have to do with Smokey, if we took walks. This summer he's decided that it's cooler under the bed. I don't see him very often---mainly when he's hungry. I just wish he could gain some weight but the CRF seems to prevent that.
It's only 100 heat index today. Whew, a cool front. :lol:
We're taking it easy.
Hope everyone is out having a fun day.

Tomorrow I officially start counting down to labor Day. I've got to lose 6 pounds. :D

auntie 08-20-2006 09:18 PM

It was 102 here today. I think later this week it's suppose to be 98 so it will be cool. :)

Tammy, I laughed about Kramer too and about Tim's tee shirt. I'm sure he will wear it proudly at school. I'm jealous about 70 degrees!!!!

Tina, Poor Smokey, I was hoping he would be gaining some weight. I had some I would like to give him.

We walked the dogs early this morning and then I came home and rode my stationary bike for 30 minutes. I'm debating on joining a gym again. I just haven't been able to get it together. Well, actually I haven't been able to exercise for 3 weeks. I'm ready to get back into it and get skinny. I would like to be down 25 pounds for the Christmas break. Really more than that but I have to be realistic.

Ya'll have a good evening and a cool tomorrow.

Little Sis 08-20-2006 10:27 PM

Well it is nother day hot in the sauna! Do temps really exist that are not in the hundreds. :cool:

My arm still hurts, except I think the swelling might be going down a little. My doctor told me to stay out of the sun and out of the heat. I felt like asking her how does she expect me to do that.

I still feel really run down. Rob says its the heat.

Tammy 08-21-2006 11:28 AM

I would like to invite all of you to Ohio. It was 54 when I got up this morning! Yes, we still have our windows open. Bob even put a sweatshirt on!!

Tina, maybe when it's hot, we should all crawl under our beds like Smokey. He might be on to something!!!

Susan, my weight is just stuck. I've been journaling, walking, drinking water, but it's not moving. 25 pounds sounds good to lose. Good luck!!

Amy, we have sun in Ohio, but it is alot cooler! Come on up!! I'll even let you take Kramer for a walk!!

I have a meeting at 1:00 at school about contract negotiations. I'm still deciding if I'm going to go or not. It's about salary only, and I know the board isn't offering much. If the town knew they were offering anything, they'd be upset.

auntie 08-21-2006 09:00 PM

howdy,
Hope everyone had a good day. Mine was pretty good. I did real good on my food until I stopped at Jack in the Box on the way and had 2 tacos. Now this isnt' the way to lose 25 pounds before Christmas!

Tina, wha's new down your way?

Tammy, how was your meeting?

Amy, take care of yourself. You are run down!!! You shouldn't be doing anything!!!! And my niece too (Ya'll she broke her pinky just below the bottom joint and is in a cast) There is never a dull moment in Amy's house.