Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 11:29 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi Evenyone! and happy Friday! As always I am very happy that Friday is here since I love and live for the weekends

Nothing big planned this weekend but I am looking forward to the time off from work and a bit of de-stressing one a personal level.

Have to run but will check back later on.

Susan
Old 08-04-2006, 11:52 AM   #32  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Susan! A fellow TGIFer. I love the weekend too. I'm not sure if I get to destress much but I don't have to worry about being to work on time or all the other hassles of the week.

How's the rest of you turtles??? I wanted to be the Lazy turtle who got to sleep in this morning but the dog and the kids had other plans for me. I've been awake since 5:30 am, which doesn't feel sooo good because frankly I didn't sleep all that well again. Gonna have to get me some of that sleepy medicine and knock myself out for a night and get caught up.

Chris
Old 08-04-2006, 04:53 PM   #33  

Thank you ladies! I was quite delighted. I think I am kicking back into gear now, after a month of maintaining. I've been making better choices when I go out with friends (my biggest problem), and not going crazy on my SHD (Super High Day on the Wendie plan -- I think I was going over my 39 or so points that I get that day -- Saturday). I'm also doing a variation on my weight workout, where I go from machine to machine, doing a circuit of 8 machines, 1 set of 10-12 per circuit, 3 circuits total. That way, I don't spend time sitting on the machine and waiting in between reps -- and so I get a better carido workout from it too. My mom's getting more into exercise, with a trainer, and she was telling me how proud she was to go from being able to do 3 minutes on a recumbent bike to 11. I remembered how hard it used to be for me to do just 30 minutes of cardio, and I realized that I need to switch up the type of exercise I do -- my body's too used to the elliptical, and I'm not getting as much of a benefit. I switched to a new type of elliptical machine (the one with the arms AND The legs, not just the legs, and I do a different circuit.)

Everything seems to be working out. Work stinks of course, and it's been crazy, but today is better -- I feel like I can breathe again. With all the stress at work, the craving for junk food has been especially strong, but I just keep turning it down, and, if I want something sweet at night, I have blue bunny ice cream bars in the fridge (2 points) and I keep promising myself a day of sewing on Sunday -- my ultimate stress relief, besides working out or a massage!

Mousie -- while madly scanning the posts, I saw your before and after pictures -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The weight loss is very noticeable, and that much weight in a year is excellent progress. Slow is frustration and obnoxious, but remember -- slow stays off much better than fast. MUCH better.
Princess -- Thank you again! ;D I'm psyched. RE eating out challenges -- eating out is hard. I know how you feel. Checking the website to decide on a dish ahead of time is a great idea, that's helped me a lot. With a restaurant like that, pasta and marinara may not be a bad option, depending on what else is in there. I've found that, regardless of the restaurant, ordering a basic salad to start with, dressing on the side, helps me feel less hungry when I actually get my meal. I also dip the tines of my fork (just the first half, not the whole thing) into my dressing, so that I get less dressing. It's odd how a small amount of dressing gives you the same taste benefit as a larger amount, but with fewer calories.

Chrily -- Thank you! I'm quite excited. Out of curiosity, why do you think you have been "screwing around for a couple weeks", as you put it? You mean not tracking points? Not working out? What? And do you understand why you do it? Sometimes, the key to changing behaviors that get in the way of our goals is to understand the underlying cause. For example, I realized that I ate junk food because I was stressed, and it made me feel better, temporarily. Knowing that, if I want junk food AND I'm stressed, I remind myself that it's probably BECAUSE I'm stressed, not because I really want the food. Then I focus on working out or quilting to reduce the stress. Now, if I'm not really stressed out, and I want a specific food, I will wait until a specific time and treat myself to it (I usually treat myself on Saturday.) The funny thing is that, the more you do that, the less you want the junk food anyway. That is my personal experience.

Now that I've written entirely too much :P it's time for me to go. Take care ladies, and have a great weekend. If work is not too insane next week, you'll hear from me again soon.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:49 PM   #34  
Focus on the Process

Ariana, I finally got to tracking my points really well this week and watching my portions but I am HORRIBLE at getting enough exercise in. I've gotten a bit more in than I had before but still need to jump it up some more.

Chris
Old 08-05-2006, 10:48 AM   #35  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Ariana, weigh to go! Always good to have insanely busy turtle chime in, and you had such good news.

Princess, boy, you are the best. To look over a menu and decide that a house salad is your best bet all around is really mature and responsible. Two words that will get us far.

Chris, you weigh candy for a living? Ohmigoodnes!!!!! I know I"d be 400# if I had to do that. Here's a for all your activiites. You're a busy lady.

I think I'm getting my head on straight. You know everyone thinks that the fall into Dec. holidays are the toughest, but lots of people I know have a hard time in the summer losing weight. I'm having trouble getting back into Core and yet counting points is not for me either. Right now I am into poor which is a combo of points and core and doesn't really work. Today will be a better day. At least I've been able to swim and I'm enjoying that.
Will start a new thread now.
Love,
Judy
Old 08-05-2006, 12:03 PM   #36  
Focus on the Process

Judy, I have a friend who is curious about CORE, but I really don't know what to tell her. Since you've done it, what is it like?

I've been super busy and super stressed and not feeling totally me lately. I hope it passes. I did manage to lose 1 lb this week. I've been very vigilant about my food journal and what I put in my mouth and its paying off. THAT makes me happy.

chris
Old 08-06-2006, 09:21 AM   #37  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Chris,
Hi! I've started a new thread, #164. I'll answer your question about Core there. Let me say, for losing a pound this week and counting your points carefully.
Judy
Closed Thread