Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 11:40 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Monday all!

Well I am finally plugged back into the internet at home so I am able to check the threads even if I am at home... like today

Mousie: You are so my hero! Way to go... you look wonderful in both pictures but I know that you must feel better both emotionally and physically in the picture on the right and that is what counts the most.

All: Did everyone have a nice weekend? I did, W/I was ok... down .2 and I will take it and try harder this week to do better... I think I just plain ate too much last week... and I did not get much walking in and that always sets me back. Home today with my elbow, the tendonitis is really acting up so I took the day to rest.

Have to run but will check back in later on!
susan
Old 07-31-2006, 01:49 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/196.5/160

Height: 5'-3"

Happy Monday, everyone!

Welcome Paige - always nice to have another turtle join us. Tips & new ideas are always welcome here.

Chris - I find ww mtgs very helpful. Lots of support & good tips. Kind of a like a "shot in the arm" motivation. Always feel better when I leave there.

Judy - I've read the Flylady site before for the cleaning/organization, but not the recipes. Good luck with that & keep us posted for yummy things to try that are poing friendly.

Mousie - Good for you! So proud of you & your success. Truly an inspiration for us all.

Princess - Hi & hang in there.

As for me, did not have a good weigh in. Was up 1.4# and deserved it. Have not been eating properly.

Goal is to have a good OP week. Bye for now.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:42 PM   #18  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Super fast post from me. I have to get some housework done. I'm stuck working all week and finding it hard already to get everything done at home that I need to.

Bandit-I'm really thinking hard on the WW meetings. Maybe I could get my husband to go with me. It sure would help to have the whole family on the same page and getting healthier doing it.

Chris
Old 08-01-2006, 09:40 AM   #19  

Morning all...

Back at work today and feeling a bit better... ordered some cream that is supposed to help heal the tendonitis and it arrived yesterday so I am really hoping that this will help... anything to avoid the cort-shots... I have heard nightmares about how bad they hurt.

Chris: my husband and I go to meetings together, have from the beginning but in years past I have gone by myself and I have to say it makes a world of difference when both of you are on the same plan and work together on it... I can't stress that enough actually. My husband had lost more then I have but that is to be expected and as long as I am losing I am happy.

How is everyone else doing?

Have to run but will check back in later on.

Susan
Old 08-01-2006, 09:48 AM   #20  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Princess,
You're right about going to meetings with dh if that can work out for you.
Hey, I don't know if my experience was unusual or not but I had a cortisone shot into the bursa in the area by my hip and it didn't hurt at all. Not only that, but it cut the inflammation down immediately and I was able to walk much better than I had been. I hope your tendonitis heals up well with the cream, but try not to be too worried about the shot if thats what is required.

Hey, I need someone to yell baby steps to me again. I'm letting a lot of my lessons that I thought had become routine go by the wayside. Not very turtle of me.
Take care and have a great day.
Judy
Old 08-01-2006, 01:13 PM   #21  

Judy: Thanks for the info... I really appreciate it. I have heard that the cortisone shots are very painful... the RN at the doctors office told me that it took two full grown men to hold her down so that they could give her one for her tennis elbow... I guess it has to do with the elbow and how far they need to insert the needle not to mention the sting of the drug... but I am just saying prayers and keeping the faith that something else will work first Oh please let something else work first!

Wonderfully hot day here... in the 90's with heat index's up in the 100's. But I will be walking after work today... I walked last evening and it was hot but it was do-able if you just took your time and did not try and go too fast. DH has long legs though so I have to step it up to keep up with him.

Have to run,
Susan
Old 08-01-2006, 07:59 PM   #22  
Focus on the Process

I'm trying to get my husband to try WW...but I'm under the impression he thinks its a girlie thing. Men!

I've been doing good for the last couple days. FINALLY! I wrote down my max and min. points I could use for each meal and snack, so I don't overeat or undereat. It's really helped me yesterday and today. I even ate at Del Taco yesterday (not the best choice... ) and then just ate less for dinner and still walked away from the day with 2 pts to spare.

Chris
Old 08-01-2006, 09:30 PM   #23  

I could never get dh to go to meetings, but I casually left the getting started book in the bathroom and took out all the other reading material (LOL!) so he didn't have any choice but to read it. Low and behold, he started following the plan with me, and lost 40lbs. That was last spring, and by the summer we had kind of fallen off the wagon. We both re-started the program last week; he lost 8lbs and I lost 7.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:38 AM   #24  

Morning all!

Actually at our meeting here in Indy we have a lot of men that attend... I was really surprised by that because the last time I was a WW, about 6 years ago, and I attending meetings there was only a hand full of men that attended but it is much different now. My DH really does not mind going at all since he loses way more then all of the women that attend

Not much else new here... I have stalled in my weight loss, not sure why but I do know that even though I am eating with in my points I am eating more so that may be the issue and I will try and adjust.

Walked about 2 miles last night but is was so hot that I called it quits after the first two were done.

Have to run but will check back later on.
Susan
Old 08-02-2006, 10:16 AM   #25  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Paige, What wonderful results for the first week of WW's.
Weigh to go! Hey, you're doing great.

Chris, I think chiming in at the Turtle Group helped you to kick start your WW program. Sounds like being careful with the points is having a payoff. Yay!

Princess, I think two miles in the heat is worth a lot of activity. and I know what you mean about staying within points but eating more. I have a tiny suggestion if you'd like one. Try changing some of the things you're eating. If you're eating a lot of chicken, point out some beef and pork and try that. If you're eating fruit, switch over to different types. Sometimes it's something that is just this easy that jump starts the weight loss again.
You're doing great.

Everybody. Today is a new day. Let's make the best of it.
Judy
Itry
234.6/thinner into onederland
Old 08-02-2006, 12:15 PM   #26  

Judy: Great suggestions! I will start that today! Thank you very much...

Have a great day all!

Susan
Old 08-02-2006, 08:11 PM   #27  
Focus on the Process

Oooo Paige! I love your sneaky side. Maybe I will just leave a few WW things in the bathroom for hubby to read too and discard all the reader's digests.

I've been working all week and my arms and hands feel like they are going to fall off. We weigh candy into little bags and thats what i've been doing for 3 days straight now. It's not heavy lifting but a ton of repetitive motions....now I ache.

Well all the kids are spending the night at their various relatives houses. So some free time for this mom. Check back later. My computer is doing funky things. I've recording it on a video tape so the moron GEEK patrol at Best Buy can actually see what I'm talking about. They don't see the problem....ever! So I'll have my proof all recorded for them and then they can pull their heads out of their butts and fix it right. I need this for when I go back to school...it has to be running right before the beginning of Sept.

chris
Old 08-02-2006, 10:29 PM   #28  

Hello Ladies! I'm currently living up to my unofficial title of Insanely Busy Turtle. I haven't had time to visit you guys since sometime last week, and I'm sorry. I don't really have time to talk now, but you guys are such an inspiration to me that I had to share this with you. I've been "maintaining" (up .2, down .4, up .5, etc.) for a whole month -- I was getting very frustrated -- but I made better choices when I ate out this week and I worked out 5x -- and I'm down 1.2 pounds!!!! So, naturally, I had to tell my favorite cheerleaders and support group.

Alright ladies, time to go again - many hugs -- knock 'em dead!
Old 08-03-2006, 09:46 AM   #29  

Good job Ariana! That is just too great!

I have not been doing much on the scale either lately... not sure if I have hit a plateau or what but I have just come to a halt... I need to make better choices also. We are going out to lunch today to say goodbye to a guy that is moving on to another job but he has been here for a long time so we let him pick the resturant and he picked one called Bravo... it is a pasta place, mostly high fat and calorie filled Italian food, I checked the website and found that basically it is a house salad for me... nothing else on the menu is worth the payback of getting on the scale Saturday morning for W/I and finding that I have gained a ton of weight...

Have to run but will check back later on.

Susan
Old 08-03-2006, 07:51 PM   #30  
Focus on the Process

YAh, great job Ariana! I've made some better food choices this week after screwing around for a couple weeks and I peeked at the scale just for fun this morning and am down 1/2 lb. My official weigh in day is Monday so we'll see what a difference a few more days make.

Hi Princess!!!

chris
Closed Thread