Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 09:23 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Just checking in

Morning all, I just wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing.

I tried to go for a walk last night but mother nature had other plans... as it turns out there was a lot of thunder and lightning but we never did get any rain.
Oh well, I will try again tonight. It is so hot and humid here that it makes it hard to walk but I keep telling myself even if I get two miles an evening that is better then nothing.

Have to run for now!
Susan
Old 07-19-2006, 10:01 AM   #32  

Hi all!
I'm in on the challenge. I am leaving for Ohio tomorrow and will watch up there but won't be 100% until a week from today. I will go for 10 pounds too.
GO US!!!!!!!

Dianne,
I am so happy that you are comfortable now with the wedding. Have fun!
I cry just thinking of any of my babies leaving.
CONGRATS on the killer tan.

Jen, Es,. Sandy and Susan,
Great posts. I love reading them. I will try the glitter when I get back.

I am so nervous about driving. Has anyone of you driven a long distance without hubby? If so how far? Any advice?

I love you all!
Terri
Old 07-19-2006, 10:57 AM   #33  

Terri: I have taken many long trips with out my husband with me... no worries just use some common sense...

Lock your doors, only use busy rest stops/gas stations for your potty breaks and fill ups, use your credit or debit card and don't flash any cash (but keep some hidden in your purse or where ever in case of emergency and if you need something and a store only takes cash) ... stick to main roads and make sure you have a good map and fully stocked cooler with you... Take a fully charged cell phone with you and have your emergency numbers were you can easily find them... Keep your tank full incase you get caught in traffic jams, don't wait for the last minute to fill up...

Not sure what part of Ohio you are going to but around the larger cities you will be more apt to run into traffic jams and accidents so a full tank, munchies, drinks, stuff for the kids to do, etc will make a world of difference.

I am only about an hour and half from the Ohio border... DH is from a Cincy and we go there every now and then... Wonderful state and lots to do. Have a great time and don't worry!

Susan
Old 07-20-2006, 12:17 AM   #34  

Thank you so much Susan. We are coming into Ohio through Cinci. I am driving on 71 N. to Columbus. I am hoping to avoid the after work traffic in Cincinnati. It will be Britts and me. It will be 8 hrs. tomorrow and then 2.5 the next day. I hope the Camaro makes it. It got an excellent grade at its checkup.
I'll talk to y'all later.
Luv ya,
Terri
Old 07-20-2006, 09:01 AM   #35  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
I know you're already on the road, but Safe Trip to you and Britts.
I have to give you credit, I'm such a chicken, I've never driven more than an hour without Joe

let us know you've arrived safely....and have fun!!!
luv,
~Jen
Old 07-21-2006, 08:40 PM   #36  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Well, I've got to say, I'm having a heck of a time...
no!
a horrible time trying to get back on program,
in spite of our LD Challenge.

Breakfast and lunch is not an issue. I can stay OP and know how many points I've got left for the evenings. However, we've been winging it for dinner..not to mention the desserts every evening.

In a couple of weeks we should be getting veggies from the garden, which makes a huge difference in the way we eat. Right now we're going for convenience, which is not always a good choice.

How is everyone else doing?
~Jen
Old 07-22-2006, 09:04 AM   #37  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hi Girls

Jen, out of our group we are the ones that always have problems in the evenings. I was doing okay till yesterday. I got some news that stressed me out & once again turned to my comfort food, light Breyers ice cream. Today is a new day.

Have a nail appt.

Till later
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 08-04-2006 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:54 AM   #38  

I really would have to say this week has been a mixed bag of trial and error as far as getting totally back on program.
It has to do with my job in a way. They are heavy duty clockwatchers there. I thought this was a professional position and that getting the job done and done well was what mattered. It turns out that I am an hourly employee. I am supposed to arrive on the dot and leave on the dot of the hour too. Since traffic has been unpredictable, they actually spoke to me about arriving 8-15 minutes late on a few days, and it didn't matter if I stayed late. I am supposed to keep to the exact hours. After all these years of being a free spirited contractor, it is difficult to get used to the office culture.
So, to wind up my long story, I started going in earlier this week and buying an Egg McMuffin or a bagel on the way to work. I didn't pack my lunch as much as I thought I would, and bought lunches in the cafeteria. Later in the week I bought some really healthy bran muffins at Trader Joe's, so I am starting to get back in control. I think I am actually down a bit.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!
TTYL
Old 07-24-2006, 12:43 AM   #39  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi you's guys......yes, it's me......your long-lost friend in Texas. I know, I know....I just tend to disappear for months. This time, a lot more months than usual but I've thought about y'all many times. It's taken me quite a few days of lurking before I even brought myself to post. I'm ashamed to say that I have COMPLETELY fallen off the "OP" wagon. Why? Just haven't cared much about the way I eat.

I guess I shouldn't go into a long story of WHY and WHAT but as some of you from way back (when we were just the Fab 40's) know, I was doing SO well. Lost 45 lbs, had only 3 lbs to get to my goal and then WHAM!! Gained it plus another .4 to boot. After getting back on track AGAIN, I lost 35 of those pounds, only to have gained most (hey, not all this time...woo hoo ) of it back. So now I am once again, starting over. As a matter of fact, my "start over" starts tomorrow. <sigh>

I really missed ya'll. The summer has been good. If you remember, we were expecting our first grandchild on January 16.....well, little Rylea Alexis is here and got here early, on Jan 6. I am SO loving it! She is 6 1/2 months old and already has her first tooth!! I love being a part of her life and so glad that they decided to move to Texas. (did I mention that??) Anyway, it's wonderful.

I may have mentioned way back then (I'm sure I did) that I gave up my management position at work to go part time. This has worked out wonderfully but now, I want MORE time off. Unfortunately, even though Greg makes great money, the cost of having 2 extra adults in the house now is really putting me in a crunch. Their house in FL had sold but the buyer's financing fell through on the day of closing. I little hiccup in the plan that wasn't expected. So, they are living with us and have hardly any money due to still paying the mortgage in FL, other bills and of course, Jenna being at home with Rylea. She is looking to go back to work, even though she doesn't want to but for now, she will have to. I hate the thought of that baby in day care and I am trying to rearrange my own work schedule to accommodate but it may not happen as fast as she needs to work. Even if she goes to day care for a month or 2, then we can take her out later if we can.........although, there ARE many good ones out there and the interaction with other kids would only be a plus. It's still all up in the air.

That's it for now.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hollywood 2.JPG (33.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg my pictures012.JPG (36.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 07-24-2006, 06:48 AM   #40  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Zoe!!! Welcome home! It was great to hear from you again. Rylea is gorgeous..but you know that! Being a grandmother is awesome, isn't it? You've got a full plate right now. Don't sweat the gain, you're back and that's what counts. Good luck on your fresh start!

My first week of the LD Challenge was a non-event. Maintained and have no loss to post.
However! I've pulled out my WW booklets and QuikTrak and am going back to the basics, beginning with journalling.

Have a great Monday!
~Jen
Old 07-24-2006, 02:58 PM   #41  

Happy monday all!

w/i was not great for me this week, up 1.2 but it is that TOM so it will be better next w/i.

Had a nice weekend with DH, we went to the farmers market and Trader Joe's, love both of those places! My oven is on the blink so I have a repair man coming out to look at that on Friday... until then I guess it is the grill and the micro-wave or PB&J sandwiches ...

Beautiful day here and for the most part we had a nice weekend weather wise. went for a couple of walks on Sunday, about 6 miles worth and that felt great! I love to walk with DH, it is great time for us to be together and talk.

Have to run but will check back later on.
Susan
Old 07-24-2006, 09:29 PM   #42  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Sandy,
It must be challenging for you to face the clock restrictions after being on your own. Many employees thrive under looser restrictions, perhaps more employers need to focus on that. I hope you find a workable timetable. Traffic is such a pain, being as unpredictable as it is.
We harvested our first bounty from the garden! We sauteed sweet banana peppers along with Italian sausage for dinner. They were so good!

Susan,
I cannot even believe you walk 6 miles that is so awesome.

We were in the pool after work today. I've been focusing on exercising for at least 30 minutes each time we take a dip. It does do a world of good, as I feel much more limber and "stretched".

Terri,
say "hi" from Ohio!

Es,
Hope the news was not too awful. At least you do "light" ice cream

There is an opening in the Human Resources Dept. where I work; have put in my application and spoke to the HR Director. I have my that it pans out for me. Won't hear for a while, I fear. I've mastered the office I'm in...there are no positions in the Finance Dept. where I work for me to take on. So, I'm hoping I can get this one. Say a prayer that I get an interview!

take care,
~Jen
Old 07-25-2006, 08:49 AM   #43  

Sandy: I agree with Jen... those kind of employers are so tough to work for but here in the mid west it is a bit more lax then on the east coast... I grew up outside of Philly and being on time and things like that could make or break a job. Now don't get me wrong, it is not a cake walk here and you can't just come in when ever you want to but many more employers out here allow you to flex your time and that just makes it much easier on the employees and makes them happier and more productive also.

Jen: Prayers and best wishes for the HR position!

All: Have a wonderful and happy day! I have to run but will check back in later on.

Susan
Old 07-25-2006, 02:02 PM   #44  

Hello my buddies:

ZoeGirl ! Welcome back! Its so good to see you back here again. You know you're always welcome here. Your granddaughter is sooooooooooo beautiful -nice and chunky the way I like them, lol (don't worry we'll put her on ww later, just kiddin'!) You must love having her and her mom and dad living with you. I understand about not wanting to put her in a nursery - you really have to find a good one. Alana was actually working in a nursery last year and now that she's a teaching assistant, she was so close to one of the babies, that she goes once a week to pick her up and hang out with her, lol. She loves kids. As I mentioned, she's getting married in December and her fiance, Sal is a teacher also, so they have lots in common.

Jen - lots of good luck on interviewing and getting that position. I'll be praying for you.

Es, amiga, como estas?

Terri - are you still in Ohio?

Hi Sandy and Princess

Well, I actually joined a gym this past weekend. Alana and Sal are members and they kept inviting me to be a guest, so I finally went on Saturday and it was great. I went back on Sunday and joined. I did 30 mins on a treadmill and then 30 minutes on a bike - so 60 mins, I thought was pretty good for the 2nd day. Willie came with me as my guest when I joined and he's thinking of joining too. They also have something like Curves, where there are several machines and you go on each one for like 5 mins. I haven't tried that yet. We're going back tonight. To be honest, there's tons of machines that I have no idea what to do with I'll have to get some instruction. But the treadmill and bike I know how to work, lol. I need to get serious about losing weight before the wedding and I think this will help alot.

Well, I gotta run. I'll talk to you's soon. Have a great day everyone - even you Es, I know how much you love (NOT) Tuesdays.

hugs,
Dianne
Old 07-25-2006, 08:17 PM   #45  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Evening all

Wow, it's really good to be "HOME"! I really missed you's guys. Today is day 2 of my "start over" and I feel really great. I'm not going to meetings anymore. I thought y'all were the best cheerleaders I know so I'm going with that.

Dianne ~ I guess you know what I'm going through with the wedding stuff. So much to do and most of it at the end so, so little time. Thank you for your kind words about Rylea. Yes, I think she's a doll too and just can't love her any more than I do. I told Jenna that if I know how great grandchildren were, I would have have them first. Oh, and WTG on joining the gym. I belong to 24 hr fitness but never go. Crazy, huh.....so good luck with it.

Jen ~ Thank you also for your kind words about Rylea. She's just a joy to have around. I'm hoping that I can arrange to be home to watch her when Jenna goes to work.....we'll see.
Pool/swimming is great exercise. I should jump in ours every night but I don't. I'm just so tired after dinner. Good luck with the HR job.

Susan ~ we haven't 'met' ~ I'm Zoe, the long-time-member-but-tends-to-disappear-for-months-at-a-time girl.

Sandy, Es. and Terri ~ hi (again) Hope y'all are well.

Well, have a wonderful night everyone......oh, I hope it's not too late to jump in on the LD challenge.....as you can see from my little weight thingy at the bottom, I am REALLY starting at square one........oh well, like you said, I'm here.

Thanks guys.....

Me <><
Closed Thread