Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 07:18 PM   #16  

Misty, glad to see you are feeling better. I have been so tired the past couple of days, I don't know what's going on with me.
Jen, it was a little cooler here today, in the mid 80's, so i turned the a/c on fan only and used the ceiling fans. We rent from my DH's cousin, and the electricity and water is included in the rent, we pay 500 a month for a huge 2 bedroom, and they mow our yard and everything. It's nice!! I agree that your mom needs her A/C, I worked in a nursing home for years, and older people can't take the heat as much as we can. I think I am just so spoiled form the a/c, lol.
Well, I have done pretty good today eating wise, I am going grocery shopping next Wednesday, so I am having to eat the stuff that's already in the house, so I eat small portions of stuff like ravioli. I can't wait to get some good food in the house, just waiting on DH to get paid!!
Well, have nice nightchicks!!
Hugs,
Donna
Old 06-01-2006, 10:40 PM   #17  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

I Need Kicks Wrapped In Hugs. I Am Losing It. Someone Please Pull Me Back Into The Fold! Please!
Old 06-01-2006, 10:59 PM   #18  

Maggie, i don't know you, but I have known Misty and jen for a while. I will give you kicks wrapped in hugs!! Here goes, you can do it, I have faith that you can stay on the wagon, now get back on it before I put my foot in your butt, lol!! Just kidding!! I know what it's like to fall off, I have done it a thousand times before. The one thing that is keeping me on it now is the fact that we are going thru fertility treaments to conceive. I know that if I don't stay on plan, my ob/gyn will not give me my fertility meds and it will make getting pregnant nearly impossible!!
Hugs,
Donna
p.S. pm me if you ever need to talk!!
Old 06-02-2006, 07:14 AM   #19  

Donna is right, you can do this. Focus on today. It's 7:16 am, it's a new day and a new chance. You can do this! Just get some water, enjoy a healthy breakfast. Pack a healthy lunch. While at work consider all the wonderful possibilities for a healthy dinner. Have your dinner and go to bed. Don't even give your self the chance to snack.

I think that weight loss is kind of cyclical. AT least for me. I can hold it together for a few pounds, then I lose it, get it back together and lose a few more. SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWLY but surely I am less than I was 4 years ago, two years ago ect. Just stick with it. Reward yourself for small successes. Wear your loose jeans and feel good in them!
Old 06-02-2006, 10:03 AM   #20  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Thank you, Misty and Donna. I'm really trying. I gave in yesterday and ate KFC and ice cream. Maybe that was enough to satisfy my rebellion. Today is very hard, though. I had a huge fight with my daughter last night. It's too shi++y to even go into here, but it was some really serious stuff and I am feeling awful. When I woke up this morning, all I could think of was that I wanted bacon, egg and cheese on a roll for breakfast, cheese steak for lunch, pizza for dinner. I was feeling so bad that I went immediately into my old comfort-through-eating mode.

I am finding that dealing with emotions is so much harder for me when I can't stuff them down with food. The similarities between this and overcoming alcohol or drug addiction never cease to amaze me. My boyfriend told me that when he first stopped drinking, it was so difficult for him to deal with emotions because the only way he was used to doing that was by numbing them with alcohol -- which is not really dealing with it, yanno? Same with me with food. Upset? Eat eat eat until it goes away. I guess it's good because even though I've been dieting for a long time, this is the first time I've ever examined my eating patterns and triggers so closely. Live and learn, I guess.

All I have to eat here at work is oatmeal. Damn, I do NOT want oatmeal. I know a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich from the lunch truck will make me happy while I'm eating it. I also know that I'll feel like shi+ afterwards, but right now, I just want the warm, greasy relief I'll feel for the few minutes that I have it in my mouth. Stupid, huh?

Thanks again. I will try to keep your words in my head today. As well as my own -- one day, just get through ONE DAY.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:47 PM   #21  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Maggie, I am just giving you {{{{{HUGS}}}}} without the kick because I know how this feels. Sorry to hear that you had a fight with your daughter, sigh, kids...my son is only 4 and we bicker already, drives my husband nuts, so I can't imagine how things are going to be when he is a teen! It is scary to think about. Don't eat that bacon and egg thing, yes it will taste good going down but you'll hate yourself and there isn't a food in the world that is worth that. The thing that is so hard about overcoming food addiction is that we still need food, we don't need drugs, cigarettes or alcohol to survive so those addictions have got to be easier in some ways to kick. Still don't give up, many other have done it so can we! And even if we don't achieve our ultimate goal weights any weight we do lose and keep off is a step towards a healthier life.

I was talking about trying to eat 600-800 calories a day on Wednesday. I was going to try it just for the day and see how I did. I had about 200 cals at breakfast and then about 300 at lunch. I was absolutely starving at 11:30 so I had lunch with my son before he has to go to school and then only after I'd eaten did I remember that I was supposed to go out for lunch with a new friend! Yikes! So that was blown because I couldn't really cancel and it would have been rude to accept a lunch invitation and not eat. How stupid would I have felt saying that I forgot I was going out for lunch and ate already! Anyway I had a small lunch, a green salad and a small piece of veggie quiche but I toss caution to the winds and had a lovely dessert, it was chocolate crepes wrapped around bananas with fruit and whipped cream. We went to this posh little tea room, it was cute, the food was light and expensive (glad I wasn't paying). It was a nice little lunch but obviously blew my 800 calories I was shooting for that day. I think I could have done it though, I still had about 300 calories left for supper which I would have made work. I would have been starving I think but that's a feeling that won't kill me. Feelings don't have any power unless we let them. When people have WLS they don't have that feeling of hunger with less food because they don't have a stomach anymore, they have a tiny pouch. I think after some time I would get used to eating that much though. It would be rough going for a bit but I think I could do it.

Yesterday was a pretty sucky day here but today has been okay. I went out and bought some plants for my front garden. Thank goodness the weather has cooled down. I hope it stays this way for a bit, I can't take too many of those extreme hot and humid days though I know they are coming, its not even summer yet.

Take care all, have a great weekend!
Old 06-02-2006, 06:28 PM   #22  

Hi all!!

Yeah I so could not eat 800 calories! I ate like 42 points today and my target is 26 LOL. It's going to be a looooong weekend with half my flex points gone. I was planting plants today too. My Gramma gave me soem hostas, columbine and violets. While Julie (the teen who will be helping me) was here I took 30 minutes and spread my compost and topsoil and planted my my plants. There were only about 6 of them. But it was so weird gardening without kids!

Maggie I hope DD and you come to terms. Like Jen said, mine are little and we argue. I can't imagine when they are adults!! But Jen is right, thos ethings sound good in the moment, but you won't feel better. You know that. So tell yourself that. Remind yourself that when your done you will have the fight hanging over you as well as the guilt of unsatisfying food.

I am going to my best friend's house this weekend. I think fo rjust tomarrow, maybe I'll spend the night. It depends on how much they annoy me and how freaked out my kids get. Have a great day all!!!!
Old 06-03-2006, 06:57 PM   #23  

I hope you're doing better, Maggie! I hate to see you struggling! I hope you are having fun at your friends, Misty. Jen, I really, really think that consuming that few calories can be harmful. I'm certainly no dietician, but I think it can harm the metabolism. Welcome, Donna.

I ran in a 5k (3.1 miles) race today. I did far better than what I expected. I ran it in just a bit over 30 minutes. I came in 274th out of 1225 total finishers! I'm so proud!!

I hope you're having a good Saturday. DH and I went to see "Over the Hedge." It was cute.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:15 PM   #24  

Way to go on your 5K!! I haven't done a whole lot, I am feeling kinda yucky, waiting for AF to arrive so I can start on my next cycle of fertility meds this week. It's hard to diet and lose weight and try to get pregnant at the same time, it just gets overwhelming sometimes, oh well, it'll all be worth it in the end.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
hugs,
Donna
Old 06-04-2006, 09:09 AM   #25  

STEPH!!!!!

WAY TO GO!!! That is so great!!!!!!!!!!

I decided not to spend the night at my friends'. My kids were antsy and it was rainy so we were all stuck inside. I ate so BAD!!!!!!!! I am sure I will pay for it on Tuesday's weigh in. It's TOM and I feel junky. DH worked from 5 am until midnight last night and had to go back in at 8 this moring. I am not sure how long he will be there today. I'd love to go get my haircut, but we are so broke. So I am not sure what the kdis and I will do today, it's still raining here.

Have a great day all!!!
Old 06-04-2006, 12:46 PM   #26  

I know the feeling about being broke, misty!! Payday is wednesday, so it's not too far away, lol. I am going wednesday to get all my ww food. I am so looking forward to it. I need to get a haircut too, it's halfway down my back, damn prenatals, lol. my DH loves it and won't let me cut it. I weigh in on wednesday mornings, so we'll see how I did this week, I don't think I did bad, it's just cokes that are my weakness. I have been doing better about cutting them out the past few days. Well, gotta run and take the dog out!!
Hugs,
Donna
Old 06-04-2006, 01:57 PM   #27  

Donna-UGHHHH prenatal vitamins....ew! Just the thought of the smell of them makes me feel sick again LOL. I was sooooo sick with DD. My hair was really long like that too! I cut it to my shoulders when DD was born and then to my chin after DS was born. I HATED them grabbing it and pulling it, and spitting up in it. I babysit a 7 month old and he is in that phase. It's long enough now that it's hot and in my way, but not long enough to really pull back. When we go walking it gets in my face, I usually tuck it behind my ears. DH says it won't look good much shorter (it's chin length now), but my theory is how different can short hair look from wearing it in a pony tail all the time? When it's pulled back it you can't tell how long it is, you'd see mroe hair if it were shorter. He doesn't want me to cut mine either.

Here's the funny part...his is half way down his back!! I have thick wavy, frizz prone dark hair. It's so unfair, he has this stright golden blonde shiny silky hair. It will be at his waist in probably 4 more inches! Woman are constantly commenting on how unfair it is that he should have such pretty hair.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:40 PM   #28  

The prenatals make me sick too, so I take them at night. I keep my hair pulled up all the time, but every once in a great while I leave it down. I hate messing with it. Oh, and i found my first gray a couple of weeks ago. YUCK!! I hate getting older, lol. I wish I didn't have to take the prenatals, but my ob/gyn said that if I am TTC, she wants me to take them, with an extra folic acid and b6 every day. On top of that, I have ot get some fish oil pills too for me and DH to take with his mens multivitamin, folic acid and zinc. You would think with all these pills there wouldn'y be any room to eat, and I would lose weight, lol!!
Hugs,
Donna
Old 06-04-2006, 04:30 PM   #29  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Steph - congrats on the 5K!!! That is amazing, you must feel really great about yourself. Very low calorie diets are nothing new, drs put people on them all the time particularly people with heart problems. If you ever read Prevention magazine there is a dr that writes there often Dr. Dean Ornish and he is quite in favour of very low cal diets, well not as a diet as a lifestyle. Not something that I think I could do for an extended period of time, people should be dr supervised when on those types of anyway.

misty - I cut my hair too when ds was about that age, he was always grabbing and pulling it. I had cut it really short many years ago and never had it long again until ds was about 7-8 months and I cut it off and never have been able to grow it out since. I'm in the process of growing it out again, my bangs are driving me nuts because they are always in my eyes but I'm determined to grow it all out one length. Having a short cut can be wonderful in a lot of ways, it is so easy to manage, takes like 2 seconds to wash and comb out, I always let my hair air dry. The problem is that there isn't much you can do with it after that. At least with long hair you have more options, ponytails or braids or left loose or barettes or whatever, if you feel like it.

Donna - sorry to hear that the vitamins make you sick. Is it better or worse if you took them with some food? Sometimes that helps.

Not much new with me, weekend is the usual, eating more than what I should but I have been trying to get outside a bit and be more active.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:43 PM   #30  

Wow! I haven't popped in for a while, but apparentely no one else has either!! How's everyone doing? Misty, are you back on track? I've been wondering about you! Gotta get back to work. I hope all is well!!
Closed Thread