Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2001, 01:40 PM   #16  

Oh Dianne I have missed you. I am so glad everything is going well with Alana. She will have such a good time and get an education to boot. You have done well mom. You can cry on our shoulders when it is time to come home. With everyhing that is going on it is hard to stay op so not to worry. when things settle down it will be better for you program wise.
How far away is Alana from you?
Tell her good luck!!
Terri
Old 08-17-2001, 02:38 PM   #17  

Thanks Myra, I will. And congrats on how great you are doing with the weight loss. I'm happy for you. P.S. Happy very Belated Birthday!!!

P.S. Georgia Peach - remember me? DD? I used to talk with you in 3fatchicks chat? Good to hear from you.

Dianne
Old 08-17-2001, 02:41 PM   #18  

Hey Terri - thanks, I've missed you too! Alana will be 4 to 4 1/2 hrs. away But I must keep in mind that she will be home plenty -- in December they come home for a whole month! But, I will keep in mind your shoulder to cry on
Thanks!!

Dianne
Old 08-17-2001, 09:52 PM   #19  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi girls,

I just meant that I feel like a non-contributor at times, probably cause I'm so busy beating myself up about not being OP. I do feel that I provide some well-deserved cheering whenever I read about your losses....Terri, down in the 140's! whooee, and Myra, finally getting reconnected and feeling good about it. I guess I've just been bummed that even tho I've struggled w/my weight for years, it's never been difficult to lose weight when I tried. Now I'm finding it extremely hard to lose. I don't know why such a big deal is made about reaching 40....the later 40's are a much bigger change, in my opinion, what with being on hrt, etc.

Anyhow, thanks for all the words of encouragement, I truly like all of you and look forward to saying hi each day.

Essie, where are you girl??????

Joyce....1.4 ! Good work! Enjoy those shrimp, yummm

Terri, arrgghh! I forgot about Patti/Zoe! probably out enjoying her new deck.

Pat/Georgia Peach, HI! nice to meetcha. Wow, you're walking as many as 6 to 7 miles a day? That's great. Welcome to this wonderful group.

Dianne, hi! Never will I get sick of you! It was good to see your post. Summer is a busy time for all of us; hopefully we'll get back here more often with the cooler weather. Have a good time at Alana's bbq on Sunday.....my best to her at this new time of her life!

Okay, the last time I mention it went in the pool for the 1st time today.....water's verry cold....but we had fun. We've got a forecast for high 80's next week, I'm keeping my fingers crossed! It's big enough for me to actually do laps (albeit small ones) in.....I was pumped about that, until my son told me it'd be 126 laps to make a mile!!!! Oh well...

Who did I miss? Have a good evening everyone

~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 08-17-2001 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-18-2001, 09:23 AM   #20  

Jen,
You are welcome to talk about your pool anytime you want to. I love hearing about it. We might get one next year and I will need some advice. Have fun and swim those laps girl!
One more thing. You ALWAYS contribute. I love hearing about the love you and Joe have for one another and your children and grandchildren. You are a wonderful person and weight loss is just one subject this group talks about. We have been together too long to let a slide in program stop us from talking. We need each other and we are here for the long run. Enjoy the pool.

Hi everyone!
Terri
Old 08-18-2001, 11:42 AM   #21  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri ~thanks~
Old 08-18-2001, 02:10 PM   #22  

Jen Welcome!
Old 08-19-2001, 03:10 PM   #23  

Hi everyone

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Pat - Welcome, you were not here when I began coming to this thread. But glad your here. The more the merrier.

Diane - Good to hear your doing fine, missed you.

Well we did not make the Shrimp Fest. Our A/C went out. That is BAD in Texas with 100 degree temps. Our normal serviceman is out of town so we called a friend of my husbands who walked us through some things to get it going temporarily until we can get the repairs made. Bummer!!!! I think last year our plans were interrupted by the water well having problems. Oh well there is always next year right?

Hi Jen! Glad you had a chance to enjoy that pool. I guess I have not been paying attention - is it above ground or below? Big enough for laps? That would be fantastic. You would not be able to get me out of it this time of year.

I have a silly question how do you'll get the color, bold text etc. on your replies? I have tried to highlight the area I want to change but it doesn't work. Help please What am I doing wrong?

Hello to Terri & Myra and all the missning persons...miss you.

Joyce

Last edited by Joyce W; 08-19-2001 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-20-2001, 10:57 AM   #24  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri.....you had a great loss last week! I just read it on the journals thread, why didn't you post it here? Way to go!

Joyce, yuck...it must be awful to be without the air conditioning! Come on over and we'll go swimming. We got an above-ground pool; it's 20 ft. long so I'm able to use it for exercise too, not just fun. When you post a reply, look at the 4th box down, titled "vB Code". Click on "color", choose the desired color, it'll give you a text box in which to type the words you want in that hue. Just experiment, I think you'll find it simple.

Hope everyone's having a good day. I've been drinking water, and journalled my breakfast today; so far so good, just a baby step.

~Jen
Old 08-20-2001, 11:22 AM   #25  

Thank you Jen!
I don't know why I didn't post it. My family weighed and here are the results:

I lost 2.5# for a loss of 11.5# -( 49.5# total) Bruce lost 1#
Brittany lost 1# Brandon lost 1/2# for a total of 10.5# Bradley was to busy to weigh-in lol

I had to experiment with the colors too.

Wish I could swim with you too. We left our pool in Florida. Bruce wouldn't let me take it with us to Al.

Hi Dianne, Essie, Myra, Joyce, Janie D, and Pat!!!!

Terri
Old 08-20-2001, 12:15 PM   #26  

Hi Terri,

Great Losses!! Your family is an inpiration to all of us. What keeps you all so motivated?

Happy Monday Gals ,

My parents arrived on Friday evening. I have not been able to stay within my points range since Friday , although I have only been a few points high. I'm trying. Week days should be easier. I will only be having one meal that mom makes while I'm working. She says she is trying to accomodate me by cooking diet foods. She cooks chicken (but leaves the skin on and covers it with gravy). She makes Salmon (but smothers it in butter). I will be cooking tomorrow night so I'll have some relief.

It's my own fault. After having Ellen in 4 different day cares, camps etc for the summer and with 2 weeks left of vacation I just couldn't arrange any more and begged mom and dad to come out to watch her for the last 2 weeks. They should have fun. They can go to the club, bowling, mini golf and if they get ambitious they can always go into SF.

I will keep you all posted.

JanieD
Livermore, CA
Old 08-20-2001, 12:45 PM   #27  

Thanks JanieD,
I thought Brandon would be dragging by now but he loves it. We eat our favorite foods just not a lot of it. I think since I let him have a lot of snacks (low points) he is satisfied. He feels so much better and can wear his old t-shirts again and that makes him feel great. If I deprived any of us of foods we liked we all would have quit. He thanks me everyday for helping him. He is learning to looking forward to other things now and not just the food. Something clicked with me this time around. I like the no deprivation part. I really feel I can live with this. That is the most important thing for me.

That is great that your mom and dad are helping you. Don't worry just keep trying and don't eat big portions when your mom makes dinner. Take the skin off (I know that is hard once it has been cooked) and let most of the butter fall into the plate.
Good luck!

Have a great day!
Terri
Old 08-21-2001, 02:01 PM   #28  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Janie,
I think the most important thing is to enjoy your visit with your Mom and Dad; the program will always be in the back of your mind, you'll make the best choices you can. It's only 2 weeks out of your life, you can get back OP when they return home. Have fun and enjoy!

Terri,
Wow, the family does it again! Congrats to all of you!

Hi to Dianne, Myra, Essie, Joyce

~Jen
Old 08-22-2001, 02:07 AM   #29  

Thanks Jen!

Terri
Old 08-22-2001, 04:04 AM   #30  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Tonight is my WI and I am hoping to make my 10 percent. Wish me luck. I am just 1.6 lbs. away.
Closed Thread