Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 05:34 PM   #31  
Thursday Lady

Joybell,
What a great weigh-in. I would LOVE to weigh 138. But, that's something I'll never weigh again. The last time I weighed that little, I was in my late 20's.
Your group sounds like fun. Our church did the religious diet once.

Good luck to everyone else who weighs this week.

Old 05-18-2006, 07:34 PM   #32  

Height: 5'8"

Terry don't worry, you'll probably have a big loss next week!

Noble1 as long as you're doing something, it doesn't matter what plan you follow. Each person is different and as long as whatever you picked is working for you then keep doing it!

I weigh in tomorrow!
Old 05-19-2006, 07:14 AM   #33  

Another 1 lb gone! Ok, so I'll admit, I was a little disappointed, I wanted 2 lbs...lol. But I'm happy about it, and we all keep going!
Old 05-19-2006, 10:28 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all!
I weighed yesterday and lost another 1.8 lbs. Wish I could hit 2 lbs a week, but I'll take every .1 that comes off too!

Terry: Don't give up. Keep at it!!! You can do it!! Are you drinking enough water? I think it really helps me and I keep soup on hand all of the time. I always have a cup in the evening as a low point, fill-up kinda snack.

Noble1: Good for you!!! Congrats on 138 lbs. I hope to see that one day, but I have a lot of hard work ahead of me. Good luck on your goals and your group.

Friendlycat: Congrats on your 1 lbs. I understand about wanting 2 lbs. I'm right at the change point of going from 26 to 24 lbs, so I am going to go ahead and move down to 24 points. I hope that helps me to get 2 lbs this week.

Anyway everyone have a great weekend. The Renaissance festival was great! We had a lot of fun and saw a lot of interesting people at the festival.. There were so many dressed up! It was really neat.
We are having the Bar-B-Que cook-off this week in Memphis. Down-town will be packed!!! I am going to avoid it at all costs!!!
Hopefully I can get some extra exercise in this weekend.
ta-ta for now!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:26 PM   #35  

Congrats Donna! Great job!

I changed to lower points a few weeks ago and it seems I was losing more when I ate more...hmmm. Maybe I need to eat more! I'll give it another week and see how it goes. I'm going to try working out more, not going to be easy seeing how I love it... not! But I'll keep going, slowly but surely!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:41 PM   #36  

Wow, Friendlykat, I hope that doesn't happen to me!!!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 01:08 PM   #37  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Congratulations to all the losers this time.
Friendlykat, you say you are eating fewer points now. Are you eating at the top of those points? Try eating all your flex points. Sometimes all that working out can build muscles that weigh more. Isn't that silly, we're supposed to exercise but the exercise causes weight gain.

I didn't weigh yesterday because I was retaining water. Ugh!

Old 05-19-2006, 01:27 PM   #38  

Great job on the weight losses!!! Equisitern(sp?) thanks for the soup tip!!:}} I have been struggling w/2 pounds for a month now. WI last nite showed 1.2 down--I'm VERY happy about it. I changed my exercise routine and I think it helped. Part of my problem was I started eating larger portions and too much salty popcorn. I think the soup idea will help me stay away from my trigger foods. Thanks again!!
Old 05-19-2006, 03:06 PM   #39  

Ripples- Congratulations on the weight loss. Hope the soup tip helps. I make a 2 point taco soup that I just love and is really filling. I eat it at lunch or supper a lot of times with a salad or a low point sandwich and I am full. Good luck to you.

Tina- I just got over my TOM, so I was glad any extra fluid had fled for awhile. Good luck to you!
Old 05-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #40  

Donna, I don't think it'd happen, maybe it's just a fluke for me. DH did say the same thing Tina was saying about muscles, but I'm not really that chiseld yet, LOL. Can you share your taco soup recipe? I'd love to try it.

Tina, I'm eating all my points. I'll see how I do the following week and I'll adjust if I need to. I'll either work out more, or eat a little more, or something. I guess I'm just being a cry baby, 1 lb is great too!

Ripples, maybe that's what I need to keep an eye on too, the sodium. Maybe I'm eating too much salt.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:52 PM   #41  

Here is the Taco soup recipe that I use with the changes that I made or added to. My family loves it, even my picky daughter and I eat on it all the time. I usually make a pot of it on Sunday to have throughout the week with whatever else I make. Hope anyone who tries it enjoys it!

INGREDIENTS:
½ Pound Extra Lean Ground Beef
1 large onion-chopped
1 large bell pepper-chopped
3 carrots- grated
1 large celery stalk- chopped thin
1 (10 oz.) can mild Rotel tomatoes
1 (15 oz) can Tomato sauce
1 (15 oz) can fat free Chicken broth
1 (11 oz) can Niblets corn
1 (15 oz) can Cannelini beans
1 (15 oz) can Fat free refried beans
2 (15 oz) cans Ranch style Black beans
1 envelope Taco seasoning mix
1 (15 oz) can Mexican stewed tomatoes

Directions:
Brown ground beef, chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, grated carrots and chopped celery in a large pot. Cook until the meat is fully cooked and the onions are translucent.
Drain meat and open all the cans and dump into pot and mix together well, add Taco seasoning mix. Let cook for about 30 minutes and it ready. Even better the next day.

Great with a salad and very filling

WW points- 2 points per cup
Old 05-22-2006, 04:39 PM   #42  
Thursday Lady

Yummmmm.....
That recipe sounds delicious---except for the can of refried beans. I can't see how that fits in the soup. LOL I guess it's a thickening agent?
I'll have to try this.

Old 05-23-2006, 09:22 AM   #43  
Want2BSmall

S/C/G: 163.8/151.2/135

Way to go people. Good losing. I lost 4.4 on my first weigh in last Thursday. I am hoping to lost at least 2 lbs. this week. We will have to see on Thursday.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:22 AM   #44  

Tina: The fat free refried beans does fit in. It does add a thickening agent. You can't really tell it's in there. I think you will like it if you try it with it.

Wow! Want 2BSmall, that great 4.4 lbs!!!! Way to go!!!!
I hope that I get 2 lbs this week too!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 10:53 AM   #45  

Thanks for the recipe Donna! I love soups, they fill you up and it's a great way to get your veggies in, and in this case your beans! Beans are great too!
Closed Thread