Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 10:48 PM   #1  
Nursing twins & a toddler

Smile I'm going to my first meeting tomorrow!

Hi all. I'm a mom to a 29 month old and 3 month old twins. I'm nursing exclusively and although people say the pounds will melt away with nursing, I'm not losing because I'm eating poorly. I need to do something about my weight once and for all- it's really affecting my ability to be the mom I want to be. I gained 70 lbs this pregnancy, which is actually 10 less than with my singleton. Anyway, I need to lose 60 pounds. I really wanted to do Jenny Craig- a quick fix, but I feel that ww will be healthier for all of us. My sister is a lifetime member and works for ww, but I'm not as organized as she is, and with the kiddos, I'm sure it will be a challenge for me.
I've been on several incarnations of ww (remember fat and fiber? floaters, etc?), and I've done LA weight loss and Jenny craig over the years. I just hope I can get some inspiration and encouragement on this board, because I really could use it!

thanks for reading.
Michele
Old 04-24-2006, 11:01 PM   #2  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on your babies!!!! WOW!!!

And congrats on going to your first meeting. You'll find a lot of support here. We're glad to have you!!!
Old 04-25-2006, 07:18 AM   #3  

WELCOME Michele!!!! Congratulations on the babies!!!! I did ww while nursing both my babies. I made sure to load up my day with lots of zero point veggies, soem say that can caus ethe babies to have gas, but my doc said that is hog wash and little of that is passed to the babies, mostly just the good stuff. I also made sure to add in full fat versions of things to get my points in. Many have the tendency to pare down the fat when on a "diet", but when nursing you'll need all your points. So make sure to add in lean protein, full fat cheese, yogurt, peanut butter and stuff, those calorie boosting treats that once you stop nursing and start losing you may not always want to use your points on, things that many of us opt for lower fat versions of. And WATER WATER WATER!!!!!

I am glad you are here and look forward to getting to know you as thos elittle ones grow!!!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 07:18 PM   #4  

hi there! Congrats on your first meeting.............hope it was what you expected!!!! I love the program! Congrats on the babies too! Wow, you have your hands full! You and Misty will have lots in common! My babies are 18 & 14!
Old 04-26-2006, 08:56 PM   #5  

Hi!!! Welcome! I hope you enjoyed your meeting!
Old 04-27-2006, 12:44 PM   #6  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Welcome, Michele! How was your meeting?
Old 04-27-2006, 01:43 PM   #7  
Nursing twins & a toddler

Hi Maggie. Thanks for asking. It was a mommy and me meeting and it was mayhem. It would have been crazy regardless with my dd and the twins. I actually realized after I left that I weighed in with the baby bjorn on (without a baby in it, thank heaven!) I wear it all the time when we're out just in case!
I'm on day 3 and so far, so good. Everyone's telling me to keep an eye on my milk supply, but so far, things seem to be okay with the nursing. Actually, I'm eating healthier than I have in several months, that's got to be good for these kiddos.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:20 PM   #8  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Stick with it, Michele. This is a good plan, and you found a good online group! I just noticed how close you are to one-derland. Do me a favor, will ya? Grab Misty's hand and you two drag each other across that heavenly threshold! I'll get there eventually!
Old 04-28-2006, 02:09 PM   #9  

I think your milk supply should stay fine as long as you are hydrated. Focus on the water (keep a big bottle with you, sip while nursing) and non-caffeinated drinks. I like very cold green tea. V-8 counts as a vegetable.

Good luck! I think you made a great choice coming to WW; it's a good structured way to learn to make healthy food choices you can continue to enjoy even once you're at your goal weight.
Closed Thread