April 23-29

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hey there girls-I'm still around and hope to be more. I stopped drinking pop-argh-very hard to do! I am drinking lots of water again and sometimes crystal light. I've started some exercise again- I still hate it. I bought a stair stepper thing-you know, the block type thing you step on and off. It came with 3 dvd's. Just the warm up kicked my butt-I only lasted 8 minutes! I can still feel it in my thighs! Today I went for a walk. I made it around the block twice.
    It all seems silly-but I know I need to take baby steps and I'll endure more eventually.Right? I just need to keep doing it. I think I'll do yoga tonight.
    I didn't eat very good today, but no too bad. I'm only listing dinner and not the points-I'm only tracking what I eat right now and then start points soon. I'm using a journal that I write what, whenhow much and why I ate...so far so good-5 pounds gone.

Dinner:
    Leaf lettuce
    red onion
    ff shredded cheese 1T
    1/4 hard boiled egg
    shredded carrots
    6 croutons
    light french dressing

baked potato
    ff sour cream
    green onions

1% milk 1 cup
  • one more thing! I found this in the VERY old posts...I'm posting it again.

I found it on somebody's weight loss site awhile back, not sure which one.
    I did NOT write this.

Don't Quit

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down
    and you feel like the biggest failure in town;
    When you want to give up just because you gave in
    and forget all about being healthy and thin;
    So what! You went over your points a bit;
    It's your next move that counts...so don't you quit!

It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change;
    It's learning the skills to get back in your range;
    It's telling yourself "You've done great up till now;
    You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow".
    It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal;
    You're still going to make it, just stay in control.

To stumble and fall is not a disgrace
    If you summon the will to get back in the race;
    But, often the struggler's when losing their grip
    Just throw in the towel and continue to slip;
    And learn too late when the damage is done
    That the race wasn't over and they still could have won.

Life-style change can be akward and slow
    But facing each challenge will help you to grow;
    Success is failure turned inside out
    The silver tint in the cloud of doubt.
    When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit;
    If you bite it, write it...But don't you quit!
  • LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job on the 5 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the poem, I needed the inspiration! Great job on getting in that exercise!!! That deserves a

DH is laying the Pergo in my office!!! I am so excited. I painted the last of the trim today. The floor will go down tonight, and then my desk will go back in. Once my desk is in then I will get to buy shelves...hopefully this week, but I am not holding my breath LOL.

I am doing craptastic as far as WW. What is my deal? It's riduclous. I nee dto get on track and stay there. This week has been hard since I can't really clean my kitchen for all teh construction. So we ate out all week. Then we were on the road yesterday for a b-day party so we ate out again, plus the party.

Well off to do laundry, and watch the kdis so they don't bug DH while he lays down the floor. I hope everyoen ahd a delightful weekend.
  • Lisa, excellent on the exercise and on refocusing. Look how close you are to breaking down that "300" wall! And Misty, you're close to one-derland. Come on, we need a 21-nanner salute for somebody! I'm just trudging along to that first 10-pound mark. My slider moved today... 2 more pounds. Of course I wish it were more, but considering that I only stayed OP three days this week, that's not bad at all. The diet gods were kind to me! Back on today, for sure! Have a great week, all.
  • Congrats on the losses, gals. I also lost a pound. Woohoo!! Not a lot of time tonight, just wanted to pop in and share my loss (since I haven't had many losses to cheer about lately!). Have a good night!!!! Stay OP!
  • Hi ladies,
    do you mind if I joing in? I'm doing WW and have been for a while. I've lost weight but oh so slowly.... and lately I've been gaining so I need to get back on track, I need motivation and support.
    I really liked reading the poem. I definatley need that. I have to do better. I know I can and I dont' want to get back to where I was. today was a good day, I was OP all day, I rode my bike to work and around the park with my son after work. Not strenuous activity but at least something.
    good job to everyone losing. Hopefully I'll be with you soon.
    have a good evening.
    Jennie
  • GOOD MORNING, LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in such a great mood!!! Lord knows why LOL. My hous eis still trashed, my super neat nieghbor will be here to drop off her kiddos around 9 and I am so embarassed to have her come in. But I am the point where I can't do anything until I have some shelves in this office and DH decides to get his crap off my kitchen table. Oh well.

OOOOH what a pretty kitty...it must be a barn cat...sorry I have nice new windows I can look out of now and I saw the cutest little cat out there. LOL

Anyway yesterday was a bust. Today I am minding my self, and I will go to my meeting. Tonight it's back on plan!!!!!!!!! DH gave me a lecture last night LOL.

Have a fabulous Tuesday Girls!!!!
  • Great job, Steph! Another pound down!

Welcome, Jennie. The bike riding sounds wonderful. Keep coming back. This is a tremendous group of women. We all have our "ups" and "downs," but we keep on truckin'. And we have fun.

Misty, girl, get to that meeting. You know how it is, you just have to get ONE DAY under your belt and you start to get back in the groove.

This is the beginning of my third week back OP (with some planned cheats on the weekends). It's been so easy that I'm afraid I'm in that honeymoon period and it's all going to come crashing down around my head and one of these days you all are going to fine me in the fetal position on the floor of the supermarket, sucking the last drops out of a can of whipped cream, amid a pile of Devil Dogs, Ring Dings, Who-Has, Snitle Snaps, Suga-Whoops and Heidy Hooies. Sigh. .... I pray not!
  • Hi, ladies!! Welcome, Jennie! It's great that you joined us! Please post often so we can get to know you better! If you don't mind me asking, where are you from? I got my bike out over the weekend. I don't remember it being so exhausting to ride a bike. Geez...I rode it everywhere when I was a kid!!

I got sick last night, swore up and down that I had strep throat (because I'm the strep throat queen), but I went to the doctor today, and the test came back negative. I honestly couldn't believe it. I have one **** of a sore throat and absolutely no other symptoms (other than a mild headache). But, I guess I have a virus???

Anywho...I'm back to the couch. Have a good night!! I love you guys!
  • I forgot to add---Maggie and Misty--you two are both too funny!! I pictured Misty gazing out her window watching that cat, and I also pictures Maggie lying in the grocery store in the fetal position. lol
  • I know I'm pushing it, but I absolutely cannot wait to hit my 10-pound mark. I've actually been daydreaming about what icon I will use to indicate each 10 pounds lost. I'm thinking about the ROFLMAO guy. He's my fave! Is this pathetic or what?

Ten pounds is big, but but I've been there before. Last time, I got to 15 pounds before I quit and it all came back on plus another 10! So I guess my REAL first big threshhold is 20 pounds. I've heard people say that once you go past the first 20, it's kind of like getting that runner's high. We'll see.... I can't wait.

Um, considering that I'm only down 7 pounds... yeah, I guess I really am pushing it!
  • OK, so I think I figured out my pepper shooter problem. You know, where the two brands are radically different in nutritional info. Well, the one brand lists a serving as one pepper and teaspoon of olive oil. The other lists a serving as one pepper and a TABLESPOON of olive oil. Huge difference.

I think I'm going to check my Points book and figure it all out on my own. Because when I take a pepper out of the jar and put it on bread, I doubt that it even brings a teaspoon of oil with it. But even so, it's definitely not a tablespoon.

A cherry pepper, I'd imagine has 0 points. There's a tiny hunk of hard cheese in there and a small piece of prosciutto. So, provolone is 2.5 per ounce; a whole slice of prosciutto is 0.5, and half a tablespoon olive oil is 2. So let's say:

pepper -- 0
    cheese -- 1.25
    prosciutto -- .5
    oil -- 2.

That 3.75 per pepper. Hmmm... that's still alot. Maybe I just won't buy them anymore!

OMG, am I obsessing, or what?
  • Hi ladies,
    I'm having a good week back on plan. I've been very active. I rode my bike to work all week. I did pilates once, and kick boxing twice. so far so good. I have done well cooking at home. I had one lunch out which wasn't great but it was only one day and only about 10 points that weren't core. I'm doing core for now. I might switch back to flex. I did flex for a long time then switched to core when I hit a platue and have been doing core for a while but lately havn't been following so havn't been losing.
    a little about me:
    I live in Pittsburgh, PA. I am an art educator and make clothes. I have a 5 year old son. I have been to weight watchers many times. this is the lowest I have been in a long long time. I have lost about 40 pounds and need to lose about another 50 but I know as long as I stick to it I can do it.
    keep up all the good work. it helps to motivate me to see others doing well.
    Jennie
  • Good Morning!!!!!

Steph-Sorry I missed your pound loss! Great Job!!!!

Way to go in sticking with this Maggie!!!!! So 20 pounds is the magic number in this huh? Well Let's get there, Girl! Stick with me! We can do it! I have never heard of a Pepper Shooter. Sounds good though. Can you buy them in a smaller jar so your servings are limited and only buy them occasionally? They sound good, but not overly filling for 3.75 points. Unless they are for you what icecream is for me. I will eat icecream for dinner if my points are limited LOL. Yeah real healthy!

Way to Go on all that exercise Jennie!!!!!!! Great Job!!! It's great to have another Pennsylvanian...You, Maggie, Jeanne, Me...any I missed? I live just south of Western, NY. Not far from Buffalo, NY. I just moved to PA from NY when I got married 5 years ago. I am glad core is working for you, I have heard many good thinsg about it.

Yesterday was DD 3rd b-day. My parents and DH's parents came over. It was a barage of pink and princesses. But DD's favorite gifts seemed to be the dress up high heels and the bag of plastic stretchy worms...which when asked what she wanted for her birthday she said..."A bunch of worms. Not real ones, Mommy, 'tend ones. A bucket of them" Weird kid, last year she requested a pink motorcyle helmet. She got one, not that she is allowed to ride a motorcyle. At the time only one company made them, DH called people for weeks to get ahold of one. This year they are all over, must be his calls prompted them to realiz elittle girls like dirt bikes and mortocycles too LOL. Anyway, We did the cake and icecream thing. I had a nibble of DS's cake and of course licked the bowl when I made the cake in the first place. But I didn't have a big slice. So I am pleased.

I haven't exercised this week. My neighbor hasn't felt well, plus it was freezing and cloudy earlier in the week. I am considering asking the 14 year old up the street to come help me out a couple hours a week, maybe help me take the kids for a walk or something. Or keep an eye on them so I can grab a quick workout. I could pay her a $20 a week or something and she'd get experience with kids and I'd get a quick break, but still be here to help her. 4 kids is hard on an adult, so I don't think she's ready for that.

Well have a great day!!!!!!!!!
  • Oh my sistas how i have missed you so ! well iam back from vacation ...i have been since monday but it has taken all week to get back into the swing of things ...lol ..i dont dont really think iam in the swing yet ...well the ominous day i have been waiting for lurks upon me....(tan tan tan) tomorrow is marathon day (woo HOO!) i think i will tell you ladies all about it on sunday

welcome to the fabalous new additions to our group and congrats to all who have lost ...i iam in denial and refuse to weigh in untill wednesday ...allthough i think i did ok while on vacation ...i just coludent bring my self to face the scale.
    any way laides iam off to expo to pick up my marathon package

have a fabalous friday and a wounderful weekend!

carolina