Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 05:54 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Default Fab 40's & Fit 50's #179

The previous thread kind of dwindled away, perhaps 178 was an unlucky number and this thread will see more action!

We're expecting a heavy snow storm today...thank goodness spring is almost here and any snow we do get won't stick around long.

Hope everyone is well, stop in and say HI

~Jen
Old 03-16-2006, 01:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Room for one more?

Hi all,

I just restarted WW, I was on it years ago but my husband and I just joined last weekend. I am really hoping to see some results and praying that I can make this work this time.

I am on line a lot during the day Monday thru Friday but I don't get on much over the weekend. But I would love to join your group if there is room

Have a great day all.
Princess
Old 03-16-2006, 03:40 PM   #3  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hi guys:

Princess - we always have room for 1 more. I'm Dianne, been coming here, I guess about 6years or so. Can't remember, senior moment time, Great bunch of women here and we talk about anything and everything, not just weight. Everyone is very supportive.

Jen, Es, Terri - Oy vey, sorry I haven't been here in awhile - just really crazy at work. Promise to try and do better. Went to Philly last weekend to see Steven's kids and had a really nice time. Was good to spend time with them.

As far aw ww is concerned, I'm a little at a stand still right now (yeah....standing still at the fridge), but not worried. I know myself and when I'm ready I will get back on track.

Sorry can't stay long, gotta get back to work, but I will be back tomorrow. Hi Sandy, Ruthie, ZoeGirl (grandbaby yet?-come in and let us know).

Miss you guys,

Dianne
Old 03-17-2006, 06:14 AM   #4  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi, Princess, and welcome! As Dianne said, there are wonderful friends to be made here. We've been getting together for 6 or 7 years now. Amazing how the time flies by. I'm Jen, live in the Chicago area. Have lost 30 pounds to date, with another 50 or so to go. Nice to meet you.

Dianne,
Glad you had a good visit with the grandkids. How are Willie and Alana doing?

We missed the snow storm, got only about 1/2 an inch

Hope to hear from everyone soon, take care.

"May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again,
May God hold you
In the palm of his hand."

Have a great St. Patrick's Day!
~O'Jen
Old 03-17-2006, 08:04 AM   #5  

Default Happy Friday!

Good morning and thank you all for the very nice welcome. Tomorrow is my first official weigh in day so I am excited about that. I have a long way to go and I find that the older I get the slower it comes off but I am commited this time and will keep at it.

I live in Indianapolis and have for about 11 years now... grew up in eastern PA about 50 miles north west of Philly. Love the midwest! I have two boys, one in college and one in high school. I have three dogs... they are my good kids... never ask for money or the car keys and rarely talk back . I love to read and spend time working on my home... bought a bit of a fixer upper about 3 years ago and we are still working on it, have not even started the major stuff yet but it will come, at least that is what I keep telling myself.

My husband and I are going out to dinner with friends tonight at Lone Star Steakhouse... I have been online looking at the menu and have my game plan in order and have saved almost all of my flex points just incase.

Hope all is well with everyone and best wishes for a wonderful weekend! I was hoping to get some walking in this weekend but it is supposed to be pretty cold so I am not sure how much I will be walking.

Have a happy day!
Princess
Old 03-17-2006, 04:37 PM   #6  

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY - ERIN GO BRAUGH!
HUGS,
DIANNE O'PADRO (COUSIN TO PADDY 'O FURNITURE - EWWW, THAT WAS BAD) LOLOLOL
Old 03-19-2006, 02:50 PM   #7  

Hi everybody.
Sorry I haven't been very active lately. When I get home at night I want to read after I do all the house stuff and then the kids have their school stuff on the PC. I have gotten out of the habit of making my way down there to the PC. I am going to try harder this week. The kids are on spring break but we decided to stay home this year. We will do day stuff, movies, lunch etc...

Welcome Princess. I love the good kids part of your message. I feel the same way sometimes. I am Terri and I have 3 wonderful kids Brittany, 20, Brandon,14 and Bradley, 13. My husband is Bruce and we have been married for 23 years. I have a dog, Tanner and a cat named Bosco. Our house is lively. I grew up in Ohio (BIG STEELERS FAN) lived in Fl. for 13 years and now we live in North Alabama. I am a lifetimer of WW. I got it is 85' I went back in 2000 and lost 60 pounds in about a year. I work every day to keep it off. I go up and down but I try really hard to not let it get to high. This is definitely a lifechange. There will never be a time that I can stop. I know that. I eat what I want I just do it the right way. It is so cool that you and your husband are doing it together.
My kids are doing it with me. Only 1 goes to the meetings though. Britts.
The boys do it at home and the 14 year old lost 24# so far. He wants to lose 30. He looks so good. The 13 yr. old lost 10. He wants to lose 15. He is so happy. I had them eating healthy before but they ate too much of the good stuff. So they didn't have to give up anything they just had to learn how much to eat.

Hi everybody! MISSED Y'ALL
Hope y'all had a great St. Patty's Day!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Terri

worry is Pulling Tomorrow's cloud over today's sunshine
Old 03-20-2006, 07:59 AM   #8  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Talking

Terri,
I hadn't realized, are you teaching full time? I think the last I remember was that you were subbing.
I wanna have spring break! Enjoy!

Princess,
Good going on planning for LoneStar ahead of time. That's the best way to stay on program. I haven't been walking outdoors due to the cold weather either. There's an indoor track where I work, but I don't care for it....12 laps to make a mile! I dislike counting them and trying to keep track.

Joey and Iliana booked the caterer a while ago, but decided they didn't like their choice of chicken (lemon chicken). They requested samples of three other chicken dishes to try. They ended up eating only 1/2 of each dish, as the portions were huge. Yesterday they asked Joe and I to try them. We had to name our favorite, and guess which one they decided to go with. It was fun...I didn't have to cook yesterday, which was a blessing after all the work for Saturday's dinner. So...I loved the Chicken Parthenon (wrapped in phyllo, stuffed with spinach and feta), Joe hated it. Neither of us cared for the Chicken Parmigiana (plus who wants to worry about dripping red sauce at a wedding? !) and we both loved the Chicken Marsala...fresh mushrooms, roasted red peppers. When we called the kids and discussed our preference, it turned out they had decided on the Marsala also it was fun.

I did weigh in last week and lost 1 pound...so finally broke the 30 lb. marker and am at 31. That was a good feeling, as I've been maintaining for a while. I know that's a good thing, but do need to get back to steady losses.

HI Es, Dianne and Sandy!
Have a great week,
hugs,
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 03-20-2006 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:30 AM   #9  

Default Happy Monday!

Good morning everyone! I hope that everyone had a great weekend.

I went to weigh in on Saturday morning with my husband... it was our first week weigh-in... he lost 9.2 and I lost 2.6, something just does not seem fair about that but I am on some meds that have weight gain as side effect so I guess that fact that I lost any at all should make me happy. I know men lose faster and I was happy for him but would have liked to have seen a bit lower number on the scale for myself.

Lone Star went really well since we had our menu's picked out a head of time and it was wonderful to be out with friends.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Princess
Old 03-21-2006, 12:23 AM   #10  

Jen,
That did sound fun. That sounds like a great choice. The phyllo sounds so good too but maybe not for a wedding. It sounds like one of thode dishes that only some would like. CONGRATS on the 1 pound loss.
I still am subbing but I am getting called every day. I get called by like 4 schools every day. I am looking to get my Alabama liscense this summer.

Princess,
Congrats on your loss and your husband's. That is wonderful.
On the Biggest Loser they go by biggest percentage of body fat lost because it is a proven fact that men lose pounds faster than we do. I know it will be hard but don't put yourself down if he loses faster. Percentage makes a big difference. I know that you will look on one another as motivation. Great job guys.

We are going to see 8 Below tomorrow.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 03-21-2006, 07:56 AM   #11  

Default Happy Tuesday!

Well the storm go delayed a bit and started just before our rush hour here in Indy so no snow day for me but as I am the only one that has made it in the office so far I am thinking maybe I should have just stayed home anyway.

I am so ready for spring so that I can get out and walk... no having a tread mill at home makes it hard to get in some exercise.

I watch the biggest loser also and enjoy some of the shows... and I understand the precentage concept but I had not really thought about it when we weighed in so thanks for reminding me... I feel a bit better about it .

Have to run but have a happy day!

Princess
Old 03-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #12  

Hi my buddies:

Princess - on yours and your husband's loss - great job. I know its hard to understand but men do lose so much faster than us. You got a good start, keep it up (or down, lol). Your husband must be "psyched" too. Its great you have each other for support. Yikes, snow again? I hope we're done with that here in NY.

Jen - The food for the wedding sounds good to me. I don't even know what
phyllo is but chicken marsala I've had, lol. Congrats to you too on your 1 lbs loss - every bit helps. You're doing a great job

Terri - Wow, the boys are doing a great job with ww too That's great. Congrats to them and Britts and you for guiding them.

Amiga - How are you, girl? I think I missed David's So sorry - hope it was great! How is your back pain? I hope its getting easier for you.

Willie and I just celebrated our 22/27 anniversary on Sunday. That's 22 married and 27 together. We had a quiet day - went to Church and then out to dinner. It was nice. We are thinking of re-newing our vows for the 25/30 anniversary. We'll see. We have so many kids and grandkids and their spouses/girl/boyfriends that we could have a party just with them, lol!

Hope everyone else is doing well - hi Sandy, Ruthie & ZoeGirl (not giving up on you - please come in and let us know about the baby ).

Have a great Tuesday (yes, Es, even you ) everyone. Talk to you's soon.

Dianne
Old 03-21-2006, 12:04 PM   #13  

Dianne,
Happy Anniversary. That is wonderful. I like that 22/27.
Mine and Bruce's will be 24/29. I like that.
Renewing your vows sounds beautiful. I think we are going to Hawaii on our 25th.

Princess,
You both are doing wonderfully. Can't wait to hear more.

I just went to Qdoba's menu site (We are going there for lunch). They have a calculator and you can build your own food and figure the points. Love it.
I am having a naked burrito (ordering a side tortilla and eating half-3 points) with fajita veggies, chicken, black beans, cheese and lite sour cream, pico de gallo and ranchero sauce for 8.56 points. Total - 11.5 points.

I cannot even imagine how much I ate before. I had a quesadilla last time I was there. 1/2 anyway. I found out they are more fattening than the burritoes. My kids love that place. First we have to cry at the movies.
TTYL,
Terri
Old 03-21-2006, 12:14 PM   #14  

Test
Old 03-21-2006, 07:53 PM   #15  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
Happy Anniversary to you both! It's so nice to know couples that have been together through the thick and thin, and celebrating many years....and still wanting to be with the other! I wish you and Willie many many more.

Terri,
I'm so sorry I forgot to add my congrats about your boys' losses! They're doing so GOOD!!!!! Tell them I'm proud of them When I saw 24# already, I thought, geeeezzz, they just started! But apparently there's been lots of commitment and motivation to get to where they are.

The wedding is right around the corner! My SIL, Caroline (Tim's wife) and Iliana's SIL are giving a combined (both families) shower on the 23rd of April. Received my invitation today, it's very pretty. Joey has been talking of wanting a Kitchen Aid since he got his own apt. 3 years ago, so that's what I'm giving them.

Joe and I will be hosting the rehearsal dinner; are still waiting for the list of names. We've been tossing ideas about with the bride and groom, and it looks as though they'd prefer it to be at our house. I am still waiting for their final decision.

Hi, Es, Sandy, Ruth, Zoe, Princess stop in and say hi!

have to run...dinner, then American Idol!
~Jen
Closed Thread