Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 05:29 PM   #1  

Default 3/26-4/1...Didn't we just start a March 1st thread? How can it be April already?

I starting to sense a theme. It seems like I am constantly looking around wondering how the heck it got to be a new month already and I am in the same place I was the month before.

It seems like we have some great threads going on various topics!!! That is so cool!!! I can't wait to see what everyone has to say

Have a great vacation Jeanne
Old 03-27-2006, 06:28 AM   #2  

WOW! Yeppers...............it's almost April! Just wanted to say hi and we are on our way out the door! I'll be in touch when I get back! Everyone have a great few days! You can do it!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:25 AM   #3  

Good Morning!!!!!!

Have a great trip Jeanne!!!!!!!!!!!

I got up this morning and weighed myself here on my home scale. According to that I am down a bit since my last weigh in, it's usually close to the WW scale. So that makes me happy. It's not "official" until tomarrow though.

I have a trip to see my sister in NC coming in two weeks, we leave the 7th. I want to start an exercise challenge for myself, but not until I get back from there. I am not 100% sure I will get to exercise while I am away. Of course with Gramma, Uncle Jim, my sister and her hubby I have 4 baby sitters. Maybe it would be easier to exercise there LOL.

Well have a fabulous Day everyone!!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:26 AM   #4  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Yes, Jeanne... have a wonderful vacation. Girls, I guess she won't be reading for a while so can someone tell me where she's headed?

Ugh, April. I have a weeklong conference the beginning of April in Atlanta. This is the big, big one, so like before it will present some serious challenges. Though I did make sure I booked a room in a hotel with a pool. If nothing else, I can get in some swimming. Plus rather than staying onsite, as I prefer to do, this hotel is about half a mile away. I wouldn't take a cab for that little distance, so I'll be getting in about two miles a day walking just back and forth from the hotel to the convention center. Nifty, huh?

But there are still all the cocktail receptions and dinners and fancy lunches to contend with.

PLUS! At the end of the week, I'm driving to Americus to see my daughter for a few days. I am so excited. And she's thrilled that I'll get to meet her friends. Thursday night is their weekly potluck, and she really wanted me to be there for that.

Must run. Already late for work. Have a terrific day everyone! Let's try not to be TOO jealous of Jeanne going on vacation!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:28 AM   #5  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistySeptember
I got up this morning and weighed myself here on my home scale. According to that I am down a bit since my last weigh in, it's usually close to the WW scale. So that makes me happy. It's not "official" until tomarrow though.
Misty, here's hoping that loss not only holds but is even better tomorrow!
Old 03-27-2006, 07:27 PM   #6  

Howdy Y'all. Dont ask where that came from because no one around here talks like that. Maybe i was southern in another life or somthing who knows. Anyway.. I can't believe it's almost April already. Thank God because i have had it with this weather. Today was ok though. I bought some springy clothes and some flip-flops and i am itching to wear them. I have resisted the Easter candy so far. I am a sucker for Cadbury mini eggs and reeses peanut butter eggs. They have these eggs near us called All Fathers eggs. I think they are made in Trenton. They are these giant peanut butter eggs. Okay let me stop now before the drool hits the key board .
Today i actually did good and stayed within my points. I exercised too. i need to drink more water though. I skipped my meeting last week because i knew it was a lost cause. I knew i was bloated and i would be wasting my money. For some reason this has been really really hard for me. Its not clicking.

Erin
Old 03-28-2006, 06:44 AM   #7  

Good Morning!!!!!!!!

Maggie-Jeanne is going to Cincinnati I think, just a couple days. I am so glad you get to see your daughter, that's cool. My neighbor and I decided we're in the wrong bussinesses. Her DH is in Vegas this week for work, my SIL just got back from Disney World, where she stayed in a Disney Resort and hung out on the beaches after her training courses, my best friend just got back from conference in Colorodo where they shopped, drank and got free stuff from vendors, now you are off to Atlanta! I know the food and drink would pose a difficulty for those of us who care about it, but man, I want OUT of Potter county LOL...and on someone else's dime That's ok I'll be in NC in two weeks Great idea with the Hotel Though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erin- I am with you on the weather!!!! My leader has a saying..."When you are doing well the meeting needs you, and when you aren't doing well you need the meeting". I have skipped too b/c I didn't want to face the scale, but the meetings are more than about the scale. I get lots of great ideas from everyone and it's kind of liek a mini pep ralley for the next week. I always feel better walking out of there. Either way don't you have to pay for your missed week? OH and did you know you can skip the scale? You still have to pay, but you can opt not to weigh in. I am not sure if there is a limit on how often you can do it, but every once in a while our leader reminds us of that option.

I am still a tiny bit down this morning, not sure if it will hold through the meeting by the time I eat lunch and such. If not oh well. Tonight starts my new week!

I walked last night with my neighbor. I need to update my bank I think I have to add last week's pilates dvd to it too. Not that there is any actual cash in my real life jar...I skiffed it all for pizza LMAO!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 05:44 PM   #8  

oooooh I didnt know i didnt have to weigh in. I will keep that in mind. I think my problem is that i am extremly competitive and when everyone is "celebrating" and getting stickers and i get nothing I want to scream and yell terrible things at them. I can't even post the things that cross my mind because they are too awful..lol. Lets just say i am not very supportive. I know that rage should motivate me but hey... I'm human. I think i have a tendancy to be cynical and look closer into things so when the group leader is going over her shpeil i think about what behavior modification technique it is and why it won't work and think of better ways to help people when they ask a question. (im a social worker so i analyze everything). This weight watchers is going to drive me to drink...lol.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:33 PM   #9  

Enjoy your trip!!!! It is always nice to get away. It is hard to believe it is April and I am still gaining and losing the same couple of pounds. Have a good week everyone!
Old 03-29-2006, 07:33 PM   #10  

I DID IT!! I actually ran for 20 minutes tonight. Okay, I must actually say that I wouldn't exactly call what I do as running. It's a very modest jog (at best). But nonethessless, I did it!!

Jeanne, come back soon!!

Erin, you crack me up!!

When are you leaving for Atlanta, Maggie?

Have a good night!
Old 03-30-2006, 06:16 AM   #11  

Good Morning Ladies!!!!

STEPH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erin-You are Hillarious!!!!! I know what you mean though

Well Girls, I have to run. My house is a wreck an dteh lady I watch kids for will be dropping them off in an hour. I asked DH to get up early today and help me get the dirty diaper pail emptied b/c it weighs a ton and take the trash out before she gets here. He says sure I can do that and sets his alarm for teh same time as he gets up everyday. I am fuming. I am going to vent my frustrations on my dirty linolium Have a great day all!!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 09:22 AM   #12  

HI EVERYONE!
I missed you guys sooooo much! So glad to see all the activity on here when I got back! Misty - I'll post more on the other thread, but I will definately join in on our new challenge!

Maggie - Atlanta will be fun........and seeing your daughter....yippeee!
Steph - 20 minutes of "running" .......yippeee! You go girl! Any activity for 20 minutes for me is called "exercise"! haha!
Erin - very funny............but, I know how you feel about driving you to drink!

Just a little note on our vacation....We had a ton of fun! No kids! We went to Cincinnati to the Earth Collectibles Toy Mall for the DH! That took me back to the day.....they had the orginal Barbies, Mrs. Beasley, Baby Tender Love Doll, Strawberry Shortcake, Carebears and of course the reason we had to go STAR WARS! Anyways, then we went to Kentucky! Mmmm, very nice. We went to a quaint historical little town called Bellvue. We shopped and ATE and shopped and ATE! Yep! We did! I did! Then coming home we went to the Lumi-Lite Candle factory! Fun~

So.......anyways...........today I started counting points and journaling them too! I am going to post my exercise activity and points on Misty's challenge thread, so I'll see "ya all" there! (that "ya all" was for you Erin!)
I missed you guys and am so glad to be back! MMmmmwah!
Old 03-31-2006, 06:34 AM   #13  

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been sooooooooooooooo long since we've had one of those! I think we needed it!

I did some stress eating yesterday. I tracked it and it ate up a large chunk of my flex points. But I can do this!!!!!! SO I will be extra careful this weekend. Well Got to run ahve a great friday everyone!!!!
Old 03-31-2006, 07:25 AM   #14  

I loved your post! It made me smile and want to have a great friday! Thank you!
Heres a little to get you all through the weekend!
Old 04-01-2006, 09:46 AM   #15  

Thanks for the great post, Misty!! Have a good weekend!
Closed Thread