Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2001, 09:50 AM   #16  
Net browser

Default ....Morning Peggy

Peggy
Hi there. Those shirts you mentioned with "Princess" on them, well I think "Papa" has bought his Princess every single one that was ever made. He bought her one in Maui last year that said, "Because I'm the Princess, that's why". Another he got her said, "It's not easy being a Princess". LOL
Have a nice day Peggy, I'm off to do grocery shopping and then Trudy and I will be doing a Costco run later in the afternoon.
Old 07-26-2001, 10:56 AM   #17  

Default Busy week but I made it

Just trying to get the2 new meeting organized and stocked with all we need to run it smoothly is a chore. Now that that is done we can focus on getting as many members from central Minnesota to lifetime membership. Hows that for optimism I've gotten some good feedback from the members already.

Looks like next week or so we'll be having the house sided. Our contractor called last night so I am really getting excited.

Peggy I thought that salad would make a great salsa too. Great minds think alike Enjoy your trip.

Salvika we have that itch thing in some of our lakes too. Can be very uncomfortable. Last time my GS got it he wound up in the ER . The river doesn't seem to have it at this time of year. Next month is when the rivers userally get it.

Welcome back Ann

Got to run
Karen
Old 07-26-2001, 03:34 PM   #18  
Fun Blonde

Guys - I was just looking at the thread and have a question--What is GMT? It says it is 8:25 p.m. and it is 2:25 p.m. here. So is this really 6 hours ahead of us?

I have had a wonderful day so far. My son with the newborn son with colic just sent me the sweetest message I have ever received. He said that now that he has a child, he realizes more than ever what we did with him and his two brothers and appreciates us so much. And wishes that my mom had lived to see Austin. He was actually thanking me for living through cancer. Boy, nothing like bawling at work in front of your computer! He is so sentimental and sweet--not your normal MAN.
Glenda
Old 07-26-2001, 07:13 PM   #19  

Back again.

Glenda, You keep on keeping on and the weight will come off. You have a good start. Nice to know your kids appreciate you.

Lily have you decided to work for WW yet? How maintaince going. I have a lady at one of my meeting who stresses over so much as a 1/2 pound. I told her this week that your weight is going to go up a bit then down a bit that is what maintaining is. I hope she takes it to heart. She has been at this for years and really beleives she should stay at 140 never up never down

Maria I will check out that web site this week end. Don't have time to clear my mind during the week

Anybody seen the new Julia Roberts movie yet?

I'll check back later
see ya
Old 07-26-2001, 07:24 PM   #20  

Default I should be packing etc. etc.

just thought I would answer Glenda query re GMT it stands for GREENWICH MEAN TIME, a village in the UK where it is 0 degrees longitude and where all world times are taken from.
Where I live we are +10 hrs GMT, I think you would be about -7hrs GMT.

I think I have told you all before, my mind is full of useless info Useful sometimes though

Good to read everyone's posts, must fly and get myself organised

Cheers
Maria
Old 07-26-2001, 08:37 PM   #21  
Life Time 2001

Maria: I stared at the thing to. It did relax me when I was really stressed out. I checked out more to and it was interesting. Im keeping it bookmarked at work so when Im stressed it will calm me down.

Slavika: Sorry to hear about the gain. Glad Princess is getting over the itches. Poor thing. I saw several shirts in Maui that had Princess on them and I tought of you everytime!

Peggy: The Pedometer I have is an Oregan Scientific. DH found it at a computer store called Fry's they sell just about everything.
http://www.oregonscientific.com/pe316pm.html

I dont use the pulse monitor on it. It doesnt really say that it does distance to, but it does. Probably why DH thought it only counted steps.

Karen: I can image getting the meetings and everything together is quite a chore. How many have you brought to goal so far? I did Apply at WW but right now they dont have a spot that fits my schedule and locations. I put down three days a week after my regular job. But they are keeping it on file if people leave. Cant believe that Lady thinks she can stay at the same weight all the time. Im doing good Maintaining. I go anywhere from 143-148 all the time. When it gets up there I just drop my points the next week and it goes away. Well sometimes not that fast, but I keep them low until they do.

Glenda: You son sounds so sweet. Not to many men that can be sentimental. You did good on bringing him up!

Best get my dinner going.

Last edited by LilyG; 07-26-2001 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-26-2001, 11:57 PM   #22  
Net browser

Karen I think you are probably a very caring and PATIENT WW leader. I know I have heard my Leader tell women at the scales that when they are on maintenance or reach lifetime, chances are they will NOT weigh exactly the same week after week. I might have mentioned it already, but a few weeks ago our Leader, (to demonstrate a point) weighed herself prior to the meeting and then while she talked to us drank great quantities of water. Every so often she would get back on the scale to show us the difference a couple of glasses of water made to the number on the scale. Good luck with your groups.
Lily I knew I was going to be up in weight but thought I better go anyway and get weighed. Next Monday is my birthday and WW is Tueday...... need I say more. This Saturday DH and I and another couple are going out to dinner and then taking in the horse races. On Sunday my friend at the lake is having a "birthday BBQ" for me. Then on Monday Trudy and I are going out for my birthday lunch. Glenda ahhhh, what a sweet Son you have. He MUST have been raised by a wonderful sweet caring Mother.

Peggy we have had some rain and cooler weather and the winds have been up a bit so maybe that will help our lake. I have been going to the same lake for about 27 years and every summer somebody gets swimmer's itch. It doen't usually last too long though.
I bought some denim material and a started on a a little jumper for the Princess to wear to school. I haven't done any sewing since Trudy and I made the Christmas Tree Skirts, and I am enjoying it. It's a very simple pattern and I will likely finish it off tomorrow if I am home. Maria
isn't it amazing the little tid bits we have stored in our brains.

Well gang, time to say good night. Talk to you all tomorrow. Night.

Last edited by slavika; 07-27-2001 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-27-2001, 09:02 AM   #23  

Lily thanks for the tip on the pedometer. I am going to check it out. Mine is so frustrating because it works sometimes and then the next time it doesn't. It finally cooled off here a little and makes it bearable to go outside. Even turned the air off and opened up. Glenda your son is a real treasure. You have done a good job raising him. It's nice to see a guy show his feelings and not be so macho. Slavika have fun sewing the Princess' jumper. I bet you don't stop there. She will probably have a whole new wardrobe. Karen you really are a patient leader. I am sure you meet all kinds of people. It would be nice if our weight never varied once we reached goal but that would only happen in a perfect world. Uh-oh I just received a phone call that I have to return,
Old 07-27-2001, 08:04 PM   #24  
Net browser

Default ....I think you are right Peggy

Hi all. Well I finished the little denim jumper for the Princess. Yesterday when I was out with Trudy I had asked her opinion about different trims to put on it. It seems that this year all denim things are "dressed up". Anyway, I am pleased, but it may be a bit to big. Peggy I think you might be right, this little project was fun so I think I will pick up some more fabric. I was thinking of sewing the same pattern up in red corduroy, then getting a white turtle neck shirt and white ribbed tights to go with it.
I think I ate a 1/2 of a watermelon today for a "little" snack.
See you all tomorrow.
Old 07-28-2001, 02:30 PM   #25  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: I bet that Jumper you made is adorable. What kind of trim did you put on it? If its to big Im sure she will fit into it soon. I love to see kids clothes, they are so cute.

Peggy: I wish it would cool down here so we could open up some windows. A nice breeze throught the house would be wonderful!

We are going out to lunch today. Then Im gonna kick back and be lazy. I did find the peanut butter Skinny cows today at the store. Bought them out so they better be good! If not DH will like them, he is a big PB fan. Good thing I bought them out as I had to go back to the store and they restocked but only with Vanilla. Only bought 3 packs so dont be thinking I bought a truckload! They did have a 4th pack there but I couldnt reach it to get it. So I did leave a package for someone else.

Later!
Old 07-28-2001, 08:47 PM   #26  
Member Florida Chick

Default Home Sweet Home

Hi everyone: Home at last. Al unpacked, laundry done and we are in the process of sorting gobs of mail.
Glenda: Congrats on the weight loss. You are inspiring me, since when I got on the scale this a.m. I find myself 8# over goal. Just have to keep the points low

Peggy; Iowa- the corn state? Should have good pork there. New Orleans. heat, and 40 miles. No wonder your feet were sore.

Slavika: Your sewing projects sound like fun. Red corderoyshould be great for Christmas or how about red velveteen? Are you finished with your dental work?

Maria: My oldest daughter has hypoglycemia and keeps it well under control by eating lots of protein, no sugar at all, and lots of fruits and vegetables. She snacks on nuts or cheese. I'm sure you will find the program that suits you best.

Karen: Is the cucumber salad in the recipe file? Sounds like something I would like. I would like to be able to attend your meetings. I think you are a special leader. I'm sure all of your members find that to be true.

Lily: Sounds like you are doing very well n your maintenance. What is your secret? I know that on our vacation I didn't have much time to exercise. It was either too cold or rainy or both. So combining that with lots of good food lovingly preparedby friends and relatives created a problem that now I have to fix. Must start my exercise program in earnest. We have a pedometer that we bought from Sharper Image. Still works quite well. Just gives distance, but that is all I really want to know.

It is good to be back, and now one more good nights sleep and I think I'll be back to norman(whatever that is). Will check back tomorrow. Hi Trudy. What are you up to?
Ann
Old 07-29-2001, 06:42 PM   #27  

Default I am a little sad............

but alas, I will have to get used to being away from home again.
We arrived late yesterday afternoon to a sunny but cold Melbourne.
We are in the same group of apartments but this time we are up higher and the apartment is the mirror image of our last apartment. A bit disconcerting that everything is on the 'wrong' side
I felt very tired and a bit sad last night, I was just starting to enjoy and getting used to my home again. I have an appointment with the podiatrist this morning to sort out my feet.
My sister is coming over on Wednesday on a holiday, she has never been to Melbourne and the following week, dh's sister and her husband are coming over for a sporting event. Busy times ahead and I will no doubt quickly adjust to life here again.

Welcome home Ann, always the worst part of being away is the unpacking, washing etc.etc.

Lily the mentioning of the heat doesn't make me look forward to summer, spring that is another matter . All the trees around here are still bare, it will be just wonderful at spring time.

Slavika your sewing sounds like fun. I have just brought over a big role of drafting paper for my daughter, I haven't got much chance these days to use it. I look forward to making little clothes for grandchildren in years to come.
I am running a bit late now so I must be away, 'g'day to everyone else'
Might check in later today after visit to podiatrist.

Cheers
Maria
Old 07-29-2001, 10:40 PM   #28  

Default Ann this is for you

Cool Cucumber Salad
“0” Points

1 med. cucumber quartered and sliced
1 med. tomato chopped
1/3 cup chopped green pepper
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 T. limejuice
2T. Vinegar
3/4 tsp. dill weed
1/2 tsp. salt&1/4 tsp. Pepper

Combine first four ingredients in bowl
In a small bowl mix the last four ingredients and pour over cucumber mixture. Cover and Refrigerate for 15 min. Use a slotted spoon to serve.

Been such a busy day with company all day . So now I get to wash. Doesn't that sound like fun.

Question for Maria How did you discover that you were hypoglycemic
Old 07-30-2001, 03:00 AM   #29  

Default answer for Karen

For quite some time (like years!)if I do not eat regularly, I become quite dizzy and peculiar.
Over the past 12 months or so that has become worse. I can walk to the city at 9am having had breakfast at 7.30, by about 9.30 I have to eat something, I feel as though I would faint if I don't. Because of the urgency to eat something, it is easy to make the wrong choices . As soon as I have eaten something, I am fine.
My daughter has been with me a few times when this has happened and she urged me to see a doctor. So whilst I was home I went to my doctor and she said that it was highly likely that I had hypoglycaemia and suggested I read 'The G.I. factor' by Dr. Jennie Brand Miller, Kaye Foster-Powell, Dr Stephen Colagiuri, Dr Anthony Leeds. I believe the book is available in America and Canada.
The book is very interesting and well worth a read for anyone as it shows a better and healthier way of eating.
I thought she may have done a blood test to determine if I am hypoglycaemic but the blood tests have to be done when you feel 'dizzy and peculiar' and then another blood test after one has eaten and feels well again. I am now trying very hard to eat less refined foods, and see how I go doing that. So far so good. It is also a good way for loosing weight, the grainy foods etc. give you a feeling of fullness eventhough the points maybe the same as of a food that makes you ravenish after a mere hour of eating it.
The worse thing for me to do is have a Mars bar (like I did in the past because it was just easy) whilst it raises the blood sugar levels very quickly it doesn't last and within 30 minutes you are back where you started.
All of this has also given me a bit of an insight as to why I don't lose weight as quickly as some others do. DH cannot believe how I put on weight when I eat quite small portions. But I eat often and at times make some VERY poor choices just to get over feeling dizzy.
Hope that answers your question Karen as a WW leader it would be usefull for you to be familiar with this problem.
Cheers
Maria
Old 07-30-2001, 09:03 AM   #30  

Default Thanks Maria

Not only will the information be useful for me to pass on to members(while urging them to see a doctor) But I have had some of the same symptoms mostly after eating certain foods. Potatos is one of those foods. When a meal that include potatos it seems that soon after I need to eat something again. I think it may be time for me to speak with the doctor about it I've got my yearly appointment August 13th. In the mean time I'm going to re-read the week 6 book The Right Mix. Maybe I'm missing something ?

Thanks for you quick reply.
Have a great Day everyone.

Karen
Closed Thread