Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 08:12 PM   #16  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Exclamation need your feedback

Ok, I joined ww here in town today. One of my bf is a leader and she rocks. Since Lori and I are quitting smoking(yay) we're going to use that $ to go to meetings.
To my surprise, when I weighed in, it was way off from my home scale. Here I weigh 288, there was 294!
Now, my question is-do I just act as I am starting over all together and change my ticker to their #? When I originally started last summer my all time high was 304. Do I now just not weigh at home at all and go by their scale and adjust my tickers? ARGH!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:03 PM   #17  

My vote is to do whatever you prefer! Personally, I'd probably keep the high where it is (considering then you can already see more improvement...good for motivation, right?). But, I would probably use the WW meetings to change your ticker. If your scale is anything like my scale, I could weigh myself, get off the scale, and then weigh myself again, and it would be a completely different number! It's totally up to you!!
Old 01-18-2006, 08:41 AM   #18  

WOW! What a busy little forum the last day or two. It is wonderful to see everyone!!! I can't stress enough how important reading these are for me! I love it!
Steph - Last February I got married and my new last name is Ramelli! So I went with Me Ram 2! lol! You didn't think I was a Rams fan, now did you? lol lol!
I weighed in yesterday with no loss. No gain either. My friend and I start our walking regimen tonight after her husband gets home from work. So.........cross your fingers for me. I'd like to see some change by this time next week! ANYTHING would be nice! I think at 41 and counting points with no exercise is probably all a "comfortable zone" for my body and IT thinks that IT should weigh 217 -220#!!!! Wooosh.......got that off my chest!
Well, I did want to share.............my friend/co worker at the speciality CHOCOLATE store where we work has lost 105#! She went from a size 18/20 to a size 4 (comfortably). She did it with Healthy Performance. Has anyone ever heard of that? Well it is very very expensive (way out of my pocket book funds) but anyways........She did this in 7 months and took 8 pills 3 times a day and drank maybe 2 protien shakes a day. When I ask her about the "pills" she gets angry and defensive and says that they are all natural vitamins and very healthy. She was very informative with all the info. As a matter of fact. She now works part-time for the company, Healthy Performance. They have asked her to be on a commerical and in a flyer! Well the bottom line here.................I'M SOOOOOO STINKIN' JEALOUS! However, in the next breath, I am VERY PROUD of her too! Do you know what I mean? I guess that I am just trying to convince myself that everyones body reacts differently and that when mine is ready, I will see change. Hmmmm.......ok girls, thanks again for letting me rant on and on!
Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 01-18-2006, 10:09 AM   #19  

Good Morning!!!!!!!!!

I love Wednesdays. It's the start of me new week. Well technically Tuesday nightis b/c that's hwen I start my points but you know what I mean. LOL I gained 3 pounds this week. It TOM, I feel like junk so I already saw the gain coming. I'm ok with it.

Luflic, wanna talk about needy, THAT'S ME!!!! LOL. I think we do need the encouragment. That's why I am here everyday (500 times a day sometimes, LOL) I'm so blessed to have you all.

Lisa-I am in the same boat. I started WW at home in '04, lost 30 pounds then gained 18 or so back. That's when I went back to meetings. So for awhile I was just doing my WW meeting starting weight. But I decided I didn't like that. So I changed my ticker to my highest weight and use my WW scale. I did stop "officially" weighing in at home, I go by the WW number. For me it would be too confusing to use two different scales and keep track of two different numbers. So I reward myself from my highest weight. Still though I am waiting to FINALLY reach my WW 10% lol But like Steph said it's what ever makes you feel best. Whatever makes you feel motivated. Try it out both ways and see which one fits better.

Jeanne- I know what you mean about your body's comfortabel zone. I can easily hover around 204-207 without really trying one way the other. I am trying to get out of that zone. I think exercise will be the key for me as well.

Well, I'm off to do laundry. UGHHHH! I have cabin fever so bad. Living out here limits what I can do. I just need to get out of this house for a while. But it is snowing and sleeting and blowing out today. Plus I went to town yesterday to do my meeting, so I probably can't go out again until the weekend.

Well have a fabulous day everyone!!!!!
Old 01-18-2006, 03:35 PM   #20  

meram I know the frustration well of hitting a plateau. I lost 36 pounds on WW and then plateaued for two months while being perfectly legal I was so frustrated. Gained ten pounds over the holidays and now kicking up the exercise and it is moving down again.... I FEEL your pain. I also am impressed with your honesty at your friends weight loss. I feel that way looking at Star Jones how did she get that 150 pounds off? I still feel it had to be surgery.

Glad you come here Misty often you keep this site together!

We had snow today so I just came in from shoveling hey great way to get more exercise in right!
Old 01-18-2006, 03:35 PM   #21  

meram I know the frustration well of hitting a plateau. I lost 36 pounds on WW and then plateaued for two months while being perfectly legal I was so frustrated. Gained ten pounds over the holidays and now kicking up the exercise and it is moving down again.... I FEEL your pain. I also am impressed with your honesty at your friends weight loss. I feel that way looking at Star Jones how did she get that 150 pounds off? I still feel it had to be surgery.

Glad you come here Misty often you keep this site together!

We had snow today so I just came in from shoveling hey great way to get more exercise in right!
Old 01-19-2006, 08:08 AM   #22  

Good Morning!!!!!

OMG I am sooooo hungry! I have been eating oatmeal for breakfast, then I am hungry by 10. I eat a light yogurt and am starving by lunch. For lunch I had 1 1/2 cups of skim milk, 3 ounces of chicken breast, 1 cup o fcarrots and 1 cup of broccoli. At 3 my stomach was growling I had 6 dried apricot halves then a half hour later a cup of tea. BY the time dinner came I was ravenous again! I ended up eating WAY more points at dinner than I had planned, leaving me with just 9 points for the entire day today until 5 when my points renew. I haven't had breakfast yet, but I am soooo hungry. It's weid b/c I am not usually so hungry in the morning. I am trying to eat more quality foods, and not so many of my kids snacks. But why am I so hungry?

I did walk/jog 2.5 miles on my treadmill last night. As a kid we walked 3.5 miles EVERY night as a family. Rain, Shine, Blizzard. We timed it a couple times and it took us just under 45 minutes. We never ran just walked. I figure if I could do that at 12 I should be able to do it at 28. So that is my goal. First to be able to just do 3.5 miles no matter how fast or slow. I am hoping to hit that by March, then be able to do it in under 45 minutes. Now I know that's not super fast, as my husband so nicley told me he ran 5k's in 17 minutes in college. Yeah well let me see him haul his hiney on my treadmill and do one mile let alone 3 LOL. But that would make me feel good to be able to walk that far.

Have a great day everyone. I guess I get the day off. The lady I watch kids for just emailed me I will though have my neighbor's 9 week old for a couple hours. But he's a breeze.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:46 AM   #23  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Good morning girls! I didn't post my food yesterday, but I stayed OP and had a great day.
Here's todays food so I can get it out of the way. I love planning my food the night before, cuz then I just check things off as I eat them!

honey bunches of oats 2p
1% milk 2p
light english muffin 1p
butter spray ZERO
1 T honey 1p
light oj 2p

grapes 1p

Tomato soup 4p
2 pieces light bread 1p
butter spray ZERO
cheese slice 2p
diet rite ZERO

apple 1p
ff carmel dip 2p

wheat Spaghetti noodles 4oz 6p
1/2 c organic prego sauce 1p!
Parmesan 3p-worth it!
Lettuce ZERO
ff dressing 2p
croutons 1p
1% cottage cheese 1/2 c 2p

34 points ( wendie plan)

Misty- I know how you felt with the hunger issue. I've battled that many times before! Infact yesterday, I had this urge to just go pig out, all by myslef, at a restaraunt...I had to just keep telling myself no-it was hard!
I've just started using a treadmill for the first time ever! I am not even up to the fat burning level yet- but soon! Keep going!

luflic-Don't you just LOVE shoveling?! LOL- I hate it! ARGH! But it IS a great work out, you go girl!

MeRam2- I am so with you on the jealousy issue. I have a hard time with that. I have been working hard on that one lately. Anytime I catch myself thinking something negative I scold myself. Out with the negativity! I keep telling myslef that being negative makes you fat. Please remind me of my own words when needed! Just keep doing what you're doing, which is the HEALTHY way-this is a life style-not a diet! Now repeat that three times and slam a water.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:45 AM   #24  

Default Good News!

Hi girls!!! I'm down 3# today! Yippee!

Misty - I feel your pain girl!!! I hate when I'm SOOOOO HUNGRY! I could just eat and eat and eat! But............I'm sure you preserveered and beat the hunger pain!!!! I eat breakfast around 6 a.m. everyday, so I agree, by 10 a.m. WE ARE STARVED!

izzywas- thank you for the re-enforcement on the jealousy thing! Ahhh! Also, question? 1 Point for a 1/2 cup of Prego Organic? Is is good? We LOVE pasta at our house! I do use the wheat noodles and like them. But I never thought to use the Organic Prego!

luflic - thank you too for your great words of wisdom! 2 months........doesn't it seem like 6 months! Argh! Speaking of Star Jones, do you guys think she looks healthy? Maybe it is just because it is so drastic so fast! Maybe it is the jealousy thing kicking in again! Haha! Just kidding! Kick me now!

Steph - How's it going?????

Well ladies, have a nice day and talk to you all soon!
Old 01-20-2006, 09:20 AM   #25  

Good Morning Girls!!!!!

Well it's been a rough night. DS had a fever all day and all night, but seems to be going down now. But I was up ALL night with him. We just can't seem to get healthy around here.

Lisa-You are doing so well!!!!!!! How goes the exercise? For me that is the hardest part.

Jeanne-I get the jealousy thing too. My sister has PCOS and is on a really strict diet with her doctor and get injections, and takes all kinds of pills. Now I don't want to pay for thsi expensive program, nor do I want the underlying medical easons for it, or the injections ect....but she's lost like 30 pounds in two or three months. It's hard not be jealous.

But the whole celebratity weightloss thing annoys me. I'd rather see interviews with real people and read books by real people who had to cook real meals for thier families while trying to lose weight and fit exercise in while holding a crying baby, or holding down a regular job (or two) or school. People who have to figure out how to buy those healthy foods taht cost more whne they have a food budget. It's not easy to lose wieght, I am sure even celebraties deal with cravings and such. It's not easy. But it's a heck of alot easier when you have a private chef a home gym that rivals Balley's and a full time personal trainer, nanny's to care for you children and millions to spend on all that healthy food.

LOL Ok I'll get off my soap box now LOL Anyway, I broke down and ate scooby snacks graham crackers yesterday. I was sooooo hungry. Not head hungry, but physically hungry. I did count the points. But you know after having a serving of those I wasn't hungry anymore. It was weird. I was able to stay satisfied until dinner. Maybe I need grain based snack. I didn't eat any "carbs" for lunch. Maybe I can try to replace teh grain snack with a fruit snack. I was just frustrated b/c I had eaten a full meal (2 cups of veggies) and 4 ounces of chicken and I was still hungry. It's weird.

Well, I hsould get going. lots to do. HAPPY FRIDAY everyone!!!!!!!! Have a great weekend!
Old 01-20-2006, 12:51 PM   #26  

Default 1st week of Core awesome success!!!

So I am just thrilled to report I lost 5 (!) pounds my 1st week on Core. I had been going up steadily since Thanksgiving (after 1+ year of Lifetime), so I definitely felt I had to make a change. Some things aobut Core are a little weird for me--I don't eat the cold cereals that I used to for breakfast (Wheat Chex, Bran Flakes). I have oatmeal, other hot cereal or whole wheat toast with p.b. on a day that has an intense workout (then I can count the bread and pb from activity points, not the weekly 35).

I got an excellent orientation to Core from the WW Territory Manager who happened to be at the meeting. That really helped, because we sat together at least 10 minutes and she went over the details and answered all my questions.

I had been very anxious about giving up the security of counting the points, but I am just so happy about the results. I am sure it won't be a 5 pound loss every week (I only have about 2-3 more to get to a better target range), but it was sure nice to stop gaining!

Hope all of you are doing well. It's warm (relatively) and sunny here today, which certainly helps my mood.

Enjoy the weekend...
Old 01-20-2006, 01:56 PM   #27  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Talking Tgif

First the food-LOL

ff tortilla 1p
1/4 c egg beaters 1p
salsa ZERO
FF shredded cheese 1p
light oj 2p

tomato soup (left over) 4p
2 pieces light bread 1p
ff cheese slice 1p
butter spray ZERO
1 c 1% milk 2p

baby carrots ZERO
light Ranch 2p

OK, I know- but it's Friday night!
2 hot dogs 4p
2 hot dog buns 2p
chili w/ no beans 1/4 c for 1 1/2 points!
pickles, onions, mustard ZERO
15 tator tots (baked) 5p
C2 1p

grapes 1p
LF wheat thins 2p
laughing cheese wedge 1p

I have to run uo to school for a bit but I WILL post more when I get back...I have lots to say!!!
Old 01-21-2006, 10:56 AM   #28  

HI!! Sorry I've been MIA lately. I typically post from work, but I was swamped last week. Elana and MeRam2, great job on the big losses!! Good for you!

I agree about Star Jones. I'm usually working during the days, but I was sick a few months ago, and I was so surprised at how much weight she lost. She does look unnatural..like her head doesn't belong on her body.

Hi, Luflic and izzywas.

Have a good weekend!
Old 01-21-2006, 12:56 PM   #29  

Well neat everyone is posting again! I am feeling strong staying on program feels wonderful to be back in control. I pray it stays!! This feeling not the weight!!! Monday morning is a coming and I want so much to post a loss! So proud of your loss Elana! What an inspiration! Missed you jow!! We are doing it gals yes we are doing it! Misty so am with you on the celeb thing. Sick of them getting all this credit! Just read diary of a fat housewife and I am angry with her too. She was so out of control I haven't ever ate five candybars in the car or all the stupid stuff she did. Gives all us fatties a bad rap!
Old 01-21-2006, 01:25 PM   #30  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Talking

OK, I don't have much time to write but I did want to pop in and say hi to everyone! Goodjob to everyone staying op and keep up the positive attitudes!
Lori and I are going to a girls night at her moms, a slumber party night! Should be fun, we're going to do face masks and do tarot card readings! We're going to have delite pizza from Papa Murphys and a few drinks. Can't wait! Today is my super high day and I have everything planned out to be good!
Tomorrow is the day that Lori and I quit smoking...very excited and very anxious and scared. If anyone prays...please start now!
Oh, also-the chili dogs last night were great! And they also clean you out-if you know what I mean!
OK, gotta go-I hope everyone has a super duper weekend!
Closed Thread